+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beware of SCAMS to get a job in Canada!

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
They probably found your email address or bought the list through something you have registered for at some point or something you have ordered at some point.

They probably do not know you are going to Canada. They probably just send to everybody on their list, hoping that some of them may fall for it. I have gotten spam telling me that there is a problem with my Capital One credit card or my MBNA credit card or my BMO credit card and to please give them my password. Now you might ask how do they know I have all those credit cards? I don't. They are just fishing. They are hoping maybe I have one of them and I am stupid enough to go on their site and give them my card number and pin or online banking password. Same with the job scam, they send out 1 million emails and maybe 100 people fall for it.
hmm.thanks for your information...quite possible and no doubt many new bies on internet fall in such trap.

buiatti

Jan 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received once one that it is a company that is looking for someone to handle payments and receive money from jobs done by the company, like a clerk, but from home, working 4 hours per day, with good pay. The original company is in England (they use a website from an existing company there, and even give a telephone number), and after hey exchange some emails with you, they request your bank account information.

Be careful since this is another tactic of scam. They do not ask for money directly, but they will hack into your bank account with the information requested in previous messages.

rlyn_tata

Jan 24, 2013
hi can anyone share knows this company? please...Royalda Dairy and Farms Ltd
231 Royalton Rd
Royalton, New Brunswick(NB) E7K 2G7,Canada.
Email:royaldadairyfarmsltd@rocketmail.com
Tel: 0013472541718.

thanks in advance! :)

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Don't apply for a job at a company that is not in or too far from a city where you live now. Don't apply everywhere on the internet. Some crooks will get hold of your resume.

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hello everyone,

Here's another scam email I received last week.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Explore career opportunities.

Hi,
I am Chief HR Officer of Starling Business Group. And I found your CV on HR website.
We advertise a vacancy and we’d like to offer you to take part in it.

Who we are
Due to the company’s enlargement, breaking into new markets Starling Business Group are proud to give you a chance to become a part of our young and ambitious team.

Our offer
Salary: up to 75 000 USD/year
Region: Canada
Business trips: 2-3 trips at the expense of the company

Duties:
-Regional bargain maintenance.
-Providing cooperation and necessary support for actual clients of the company
-Set up contracts of trade maintenance
-Reconciliation of accounts
-Add more objects to the current database
-Budget planning

Requirements:
-resident of Canada
-21 years old and older
-Basic English

During the initial stage of working for our company you will be trained by
one of our supervisors at the expense of the company. If our offer seems
to be interesting, please contact us.

__Application must have resume attached to the message.

__Send your CV ONLY to e-mail:
starlinggroup@financier.com

Regards,
David L. Young
Starling Business Group

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Other threads on the same topic (2011-2012):

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t82749.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/beware-of-this-job-scam-t91627.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t70380.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-some-help-to-check-if-employer-is-scam-t83632.0.html

Please be alert and do your homework!!!

777_sue

Apr 9, 2013
hello shakira! i got the same email or response like you do. is it a legit company????? please reply!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
777_sue said:
hello shakira! i got the same email or response like you do. is it a legit company????? please reply!
Run away, fast... It's a scam. Businesses don't work like that.

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Hi Danijel,

We can arrange you a job offer and can find an employer who can assist you in getting the immigration/work permit done, if you meet the qualifications and job requirements.

We charge for these services and need you resume to go forward. Are you looking for permanent immigration sponsor or work visa sponsor?

Thanks, Puneet"
"Hi Danijel,

Your education is less for permanent immigration at this moment. So, the best option will be work permit first and than permanent immigration.

Regarding the fee, we have two options available:

1. Review your application, update resume, prepare for interview and sending your resume to 10 employers - $2000

2. Searching for a job on your behalf plus the above features - $8,000

Our company name is Concept Immigration and our website is down for maintenance for few days. www.conceptimmigration.com

Thanks, Puneet"

::)

Roshmi

Nov 29, 2012
I have also received three offers recently from Hess. Com for a managerial position of course asking me to pay for the visa fees. I was almost convinced and was almost on the verge of applying, however, my mind didnot allow me to go further and on further investigation came to know it was a spam.

Also another from Hilton / Edmonton in U.K.

My question is how do we actualy stop this, it's so dangerous.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Roshmi said:
My question is how do we actualy stop this, it's so dangerous.
You can't. There will always be sharks feeding on the slower fish.

chat2master21

Mar 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,

How will i know if the job offer is legit? I received a job offer from Element Edmonton West Hotel. i just want to know also if what are the process for direct hiring manpower overseas?

They promised me to provide visa/working permit and air flight ticket. But I need to shoulder the process of Canadian Affidavit Guarantee Certificate.
What is Canadian Affidavit Guarantee Certificate? Isn't the employee will provide everything to process for the employer as the hired employee obligations is to provide all the documents needed?

I feel there is something wrong with it. Please help me to understand. Thank you.

Best regards
Chad

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have paid or will be paying to get this job, there is a high chance to become victim of fraud. Browse the job section of this website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

chat2master21 said:
Hello Everyone,

How will i know if the job offer is legit? I received a job offer from Element Edmonton West Hotel. i just want to know also if what are the process for direct hiring manpower overseas?

They promised me to provide visa/working permit and air flight ticket. But I need to shoulder the process of Canadian Affidavit Guarantee Certificate.
What is Canadian Affidavit Guarantee Certificate? Isn't the employee will provide everything to process for the employer as the hired employee obligations is to provide all the documents needed?

I feel there is something wrong with it. Please help me to understand. Thank you.

Best regards
Chad

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
chat2master21 said:
Hello Everyone,

Best regards
Chad
That's a 100% SCAM.
http://www.scam-job-emails.tk/

Other references.
https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=240041
http://419advancefeefraud.blogspot.ca/2015/05/crew-energy-inc-fake-job-scam-fraud.html
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091221212218AAr9WkB