Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Dealing with BLS India, their inconsistent rules and scammy tactics is a nightmare. So, here I am outlining some of the scams they pulled on me while trying to get my PCC:

1. Saying that Drop-off by Purolator is mandatory, not optional.
2. Charging "out of province" courier fee ($30 one-way) for application submitted in toronto and to be dropped off within toronto! How is that out of province??
3. Asking and charging $15 for retaking picture on the spot because my shoulders are less visible in the picture I originally had. Really? do you need to verify my face or my shoulder??
4. Adding a separate $6 service charge ($5.31 + $0.69 tax) in addition to the $6.55 service charge already paid.
5. Telling me that a passport "cover" is required but they are doing me a courtesy by not including it despite the fact that original passport is not even required for PCC.

If someone at the CG of India is reading this, please reign in your outsourcing partners. These con-artists are creating every inconvenience they possibly can while trying the scam the most money out of us. I honestly don't know why we can't just upload all documents as pdf files directly to CG website. If Canada can run a whole immigration program online, the least you can do is make it somewhat easier to get basic consulate services.

wink

May 25, 2021
Dealing with BLS India, their inconsistent rules and scammy tactics is a nightmare. So, here I am outlining some of the scams they pulled on me while trying to get my PCC:

2. Charging "out of province" courier fee ($30 one-way) for application submitted in toronto and to be dropped off within toronto! How is that out of province??
3. Asking and charging $15 for retaking picture on the spot because my shoulders are less visible in the picture I originally had. Really? do you need to verify my face or my shoulder??
4. Adding a separate $6 service charge ($5.31 + $0.69 tax) in addition to the $6.55 service charge already paid.
5. Telling me that a passport "cover" is required but they are doing me a courtesy by not including it despite the fact that original passport is not even required for PCC.

If someone at the CG of India is reading this, please reign in your outsourcing partners. These con-artists are creating every inconvenience they possibly can while trying the scam the most money out of us. I honestly don't know why we can't just upload all documents as pdf files directly to CG website. If Canada can run a whole immigration program online, the least you can do is make it somewhat easier to get basic consulate services.
Looks like they keep inventing ways to loot. Not sure whether there's a way to bring this to press/media's notice.
I won't be surprised if CG also part of this.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I know that CGI employees are likely part of this, but still raise a ticket through CGI website. I am also going to complain about loot BLS is doing in name of drop-off service. Situation will keep on worsening if we don't formally complain.

Reactions: jonnclk22

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We made a complaint about the loot going on with BLS & CGI Toronto and none of them responded to any of our emails yet. It’s been over 2 years now. Then we just gave up on them.

Someone need to reach out to Mr. Jaishankar to let external affairs ministry know how these people are spoiling the country image. It’s not only INDIANS are dealing with their Services but there are Canadians too who apply for Indian visas & have to go through their worst service.

BLS call centre is based in India who have no idea about a thing in Canada. If you ask for a manager they will never connect you with a manage & simply hang up. This has happened with us multiple times. They always push you to buy purolator labels telling you that if you don’t buy one your application will be stuck in processing office forever. They want you to pay $120-$130 for a 2 way purolator label. Their website is broken which try to charge you for 3 labels which doesn’t make sense at all!

Before sending out application we called them, Because they told us to fill out Canada for the place of issuance for our newborn OCI application then the same BLS office in Brampton rejected our office & asked us to correct the form & pay for their courier charges again. They are BULLSHIT people who just find ways to make money!!

Be aware of them & take a stand if you would like to see a change!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

LOL. You've hit the nail on the head. Photos is probably the easiest scam to implement. When we went to apply for a visa / SC, we had pictures taken outside. My wife's photo worked for the SC, but not for the visa, even though, the specs are the same and it was a copy of the same photo.

No point in complaining to GCI or the HC. The rot goes all the way to MEA because some babu sitting in Delhi would have approved the contract with plenty of loop holes to charge arbitrary fees. Even though BLS is a foreign business operating in Canada, they would still be governed by Canadian laws and would not have diplomatic immunity like CGI or HC. A complaint to a consumer's forum or business grievance unit should probably work.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
I've written to CBC Marketplace. I also encourage ya'll to either record the conversations on the mic or write to MEA / Indian newspapers / news channels etc.

Sep 20, 2023
They had me pay $120 because I had forgotten to include Ontario on my address. They said they had to redo my OCI application (which takes 5-10mins) all over again and include province. $120 to include the name of the province?- I don't know what to say! I left the Center feeling so cheated on and icky. I will reporting their fraud to the Government. For those of you who have gone through similar experience, I will start a new thread. bLS has to be covered in the news and exposed for exploring people. If you're interested in joining to take BLS down, let me know.
To report fraud, go here: https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm#a1a

syedmujeeb01

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019

This company has provided an appalling experience, engaging in deceptive practices and exploiting individuals. Despite adhering to their checklist and submitting the required documents, they inexplicably demanded additional documentation not listed. Moreover, they compelled me to pay twice through their courier agent, presumably for their own benefit. Adding to the frustration, they offer no contact information for communication. I am determined to pursue legal action and ensure their removal from Canada's service sector, especially considering they have already been ousted from the U.S.

syedmujeeb01

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
We made a complaint about the loot going on with BLS & CGI Toronto and none of them responded to any of our emails yet. It’s been over 2 years now. Then we just gave up on them.

Someone need to reach out to Mr. Jaishankar to let external affairs ministry know how these people are spoiling the country image. It’s not only INDIANS are dealing with their Services but there are Canadians too who apply for Indian visas & have to go through their worst service.

BLS call centre is based in India who have no idea about a thing in Canada. If you ask for a manager they will never connect you with a manage & simply hang up. This has happened with us multiple times. They always push you to buy purolator labels telling you that if you don’t buy one your application will be stuck in processing office forever. They want you to pay $120-$130 for a 2 way purolator label. Their website is broken which try to charge you for 3 labels which doesn’t make sense at all!

Before sending out application we called them, Because they told us to fill out Canada for the place of issuance for our newborn OCI application then the same BLS office in Brampton rejected our office & asked us to correct the form & pay for their courier charges again. They are BULLSHIT people who just find ways to make money!!

Be aware of them & take a stand if you would like to see a change!
This company has provided an appalling experience, engaging in deceptive practices and exploiting individuals. Despite adhering to their checklist and submitting the required documents, they inexplicably demanded additional documentation not listed. Moreover, they compelled me to pay twice through their courier agent, presumably for their own benefit. Adding to the frustration, they offer no contact information for communication. I am determined to pursue legal action and ensure their removal from Canada's service sector, especially considering they have already been ousted from the U.S.

BLS, being a government-owned company of India, represents a disheartening aspect of our political landscape. It seems that even when leaving India, they continue to exploit individuals. I am rallying for as many petitions as possible to push for action. Canada ought to expel them for their egregious actions of siphoning off our hard-earned money. We are not laboring like donkeys here to fill their coffers. It's crucial for us to unite and stand against this injustice. Please indicate if you're interested in signing the petition, as we strive to gather as much support as we can.