+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best ways to find caregiver employers in Canada

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
(Specifically, employers within Canada who are willing to sponsor caregivers from outside Canada.)

Hope everyone is safe and sound in these trying times.

I know that this has probably been asked here numerous times, but I cannot find a thread about this that provides definitive answers, despite it being a key element of the new caregiver pathway programs.

I've been residing in Canada for 4+ years and I have a sister back in my home country who is a registered Nurse who would like join me here. Her best shot at it based on our research is the caregiver program.

I'm looking for information on employment agencies (not sure if they qualify as eligible sponsors), referral systems, personal connections, etc. Basically any information on how to find an employer and secure a job offer from outside of here. Even stories about personal experiences on how someone managed to do just that would be greatly helpful.

Anyone who can give feedback on this would be truly appreciated.

Take care and stay safe.

Last edited:

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hello, based on my experience only. my sister is my employer. we had an agency to help us process my papers.
Able Nannies and Caregiver Agency. Email her for info (alicia.ablenannies@telus.net).

Here are the link that may help you, Official website of Canada for Immigrations.

Employer qualifications
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/in-home-caregiver.html

Caregiver Pathway
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support.html

Reactions: T365

Pauuuii02

Feb 2, 2021
What if my employer is my Auntie but we dont have same surname anymore because she is already married. Is that possible for her to become my employer? Hope you notice my question. Thank you!

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
What if my employer is my Auntie but we dont have same surname anymore because she is already married. Is that possible for her to become my employer? Hope you notice my question. Thank you!
Anyone can be employer nd employee, basic thing is both should meet requirement that are set by immigration for this program.

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Even if your not using the same surname, you can still prove it by her birth certificate then the marriage certificate. One of your parent have the same parents of your aunt in their birth certicate right?

The important aspect is the qualfication for the both of you. As employer and employee. Hope it helps.

roadrunner21

Dec 8, 2017
You can try any of these websites:
  • Jobbank.ca
  • Indeed.ca
  • Kijiji.ca
  • Canadiannanny.ca
  • Nannyservices.ca
  • Ethnika.ca
  • Canadayouthworks.ca
  • newcanadianjobs.ca
  • aboriginaljobboard.ca
There is no guarantee though because some of the posted caregiver jobs in these websites are for LMIA advertisement compliance so most likely they already have an applicant on hand. But you can always give it a try. I read in one forum the applicant emailed 100 employers in total and got hired by one of them. So just keep on trying. Goodluck!

Reactions: T365

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
You can try any of these websites:
  • Jobbank.ca
  • Indeed.ca
  • Kijiji.ca
  • Canadiannanny.ca
  • Nannyservices.ca
  • Ethnika.ca
  • Canadayouthworks.ca
  • newcanadianjobs.ca
  • aboriginaljobboard.ca
There is no guarantee though because some of the posted caregiver jobs in these websites are for LMIA advertisement compliance so most likely they already have an applicant on hand. But you can always give it a try. I read in one forum the applicant emailed 100 employers in total and got hired by one of them. So just keep on trying. Goodluck!
Is it easier to connect with an agency in the Philippines like Mercan for these kind of jobs like Nanny?

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello, based on my experience only. my sister is my employer. we had an agency to help us process my papers.
Able Nannies and Caregiver Agency. Email her for info (alicia.ablenannies@telus.net).

Here are the link that may help you, Official website of Canada for Immigrations.

Employer qualifications
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/in-home-caregiver.html

Caregiver Pathway
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support.html
Thanks for these! Can you tell me more about your employment experience, like were you a caregiver/PSW before being employed by your sister here in Canada?

My sister is a Registered Nurse back home, but doesn't have experience in being a nanny or caring for the elderly. Do you think she would still be eligible?

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for these! Can you tell me more about your employment experience, like were you a caregiver/PSW before being employed by your sister here in Canada?

My sister is a Registered Nurse back home, but doesn't have experience in being a nanny or caring for the elderly. Do you think she would still be eligible?
yes same question here. Do applicants need local experience in Philippines to be considered?

nits68

Feb 13, 2021
hello ,,where to find employeer ,,I'm a live in nanny working over 10yrs here in hongkong, I'm a paramedic graduate ,ex abroad from UAE recently working in hongkong now