Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
"Travel History" is a concern for many potential students visiting abroad. Especially those who have been refused visa in the past. So I was wondering if everyone can share there opinion on how could one improve travel history in the most simplest and convenient way?

One is ofcourse, to travel to First world countries like USA, Canada, UK, Germany etc., on visit visa. Other way would be to travel to more convinient( in terms of securing the visit visa) countries like dubai, malaysia, srilanka, saudia etc which is also a cheaper option.

What do you guys think is the best and convenient country(in terms of Visa, costs, time etc) to travel just to improve ones travel history and that would make a strong impression in terms of the visa officer?

Thanks

Reactions: kenny_geeytwo

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to make a strong impression on the visa officer then the trips need to be to first world countries.

Reactions: kenny_geeytwo

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
I personally know people with extensive travel history (to the western countries, even as a student), who had their study visa rejected because VO didn't think their choice of program was an increment to what they had already studied in the past (the most common reason study visas are getting rejected these days). It would be more constructive to make your application air tight and explain any wayward situations (if any) in your letter of explanation, rather than consciously seeking out to develop a travel history per se.

Reactions: cpadream

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As suggested, why not focus on your application rather than trying to impress your V.O?

A few peeps have emailed me about this issue: first time traveler vs frequent traveler. It is a distraction.

Provide all that is required for your visa, and make a strong case with your documents and wait for your visa.

All the best my friend.

haris00 said:
"Travel History" is a concern for many potential students visiting abroad. Especially those who have been refused visa in the past. So I was wondering if everyone can share there opinion on how could one improve travel history in the most simplest and convenient way?

One is ofcourse, to travel to First world countries like USA, Canada, UK, Germany etc., on visit visa. Other way would be to travel to more convinient( in terms of securing the visit visa) countries like dubai, malaysia, srilanka, saudia etc which is also a cheaper option.

What do you guys think is the best and convenient country(in terms of Visa, costs, time etc) to travel just to improve ones travel history and that would make a strong impression in terms of the visa officer?

Thanks

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Papa Bomboy said:
As suggested, why not focus on your application rather than trying to impress your V.O?

A few peeps have emailed me about this issue: first time traveler vs frequent traveler. It is a distraction.

Provide all that is required for your visa, and make a strong case with your documents and wait for your visa.

All the best my friend.
Yes, you are right! That is the best/ideal path to follow. (and those with No refusals should follow this path)

I believe that I have all the required documents completed. (Computer Engineering 82%, 7.5 IELTS, GRE, Bank statement with funds placed for more than a year now, property on my name, job exp etc.)

However, in my particular case, I have been refused visa 3 times in the past. I am worried that this ONLY stigma attached with my application might lead to refusal.
To counteract, I was thinking of creating some travel history.

That is why I asked

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have also been refused 2 times in the past and I know how easily you can be overwhelmed by fear. In my time people used to get real superstitious. All kinds of weird thoughts people put out that made me think there was something wrong with me. Hold on my friend.

There are specific reasons for each refusal, I bet.

Take each reason and work on it diligently. Ask a lot of questions and focus on convincing your V.O with proper documentation.

When asked why you were denied for that number of times, state the reason for each refusal and how you were able to fix it.

Many times it is a lack of confidence in the application that causes the V.O to refuse the applicant.

Again shut down noise from people.

Focus strictly on what is required.

Although each applicant's case is different I would suggest you talk more to people who got their visa approved.

Ask them what they did. You might not get a specific answer but you will notice a trend if you talk to more people.

I can't say don't travel but I wouldn't say it is a guarantee for visa approval.

haris00 said:
However, in my particular case, I have been refused visa 3 times in the past. I am worried that this ONLY stigma attached with my application might lead to refusal.

That is why I asked

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Papa Bomboy said:
I have also been refused 2 times in the past and I know how easily you can be overwhelmed by fear. In my time people used to get real superstitious. All kinds of weird thoughts people put out that made me think there was something wrong with me. Hold on my friend.

There are specific reasons for each refusal, I bet.

Take each reason and work on it diligently. Ask a lot of questions and focus on convincing your V.O with proper documentation.

When asked why you were denied for that number of times, state the reason for each refusal and how you were able to fix it.

Many times it is a lack of confidence in the application that causes the V.O to refuse the applicant.

Again shut down noise from people.

Focus strictly on what is required.

Although each applicant's case is different I would suggest you talk more to people who got their visa approved.

Ask them what they did. You might not get a specific answer but you will notice a trend if you talk to more people.

I can't say don't travel but I wouldn't say it is a guarantee for visa approval.
Thanks.
Just curious, how did you address your past visa refusals in your canada visa application?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my time (2003 - 2004) it was an oral interview.

I had the opportunity to talk to my Visa officer face to face. The V.O would ask why I got refused after he noticed the refusal stamps. There, I had the opportunity to specifically state why and what I did to fix it.

In your case you can attach a letter of explanation indicating why you were refused and what you have done so far to correct it with documentation.

Hope it helps.

Don't be discouraged, you will get your visa.

haris00 said:
Thanks.
Just curious, how did you address your past visa refusals in your canada visa application?

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
haris00 said:
Yes, you are right! That is the best/ideal path to follow. (and those with No refusals should follow this path)

I believe that I have all the required documents completed. (Computer Engineering 82%, 7.5 IELTS, GRE, Bank statement with funds placed for more than a year now, property on my name, job exp etc.)

That is why I asked

Hi,
Do you know exactly why you were refused in the past? It would be a good idea to cover those grounds. And if you don't know the exact reason and got a vague 'other reasons' reply in your rejection letter from CIC, getting GCMS notes on your previous applications may be helpful. That way, you can make sure that the same problem doesn't occur again!
Good luck.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
not denying on what's been advised by others

however the thumb rule is SOP is everything - there are visa's approved on fresh passports too

Present the case well and keep it simple and chronological

good luck

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Thank you everyone for your candid response. :)

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
velveteen said:
I personally know people with extensive travel history (to the western countries, even as a student), who had their study visa rejected because VO didn't think their choice of program was an increment to what they had already studied in the past (the most common reason study visas are getting rejected these days). It would be more constructive to make your application air tight and explain any wayward situations (if any) in your letter of explanation, rather than consciously seeking out to develop a travel history per se.
I have also seen people whose choice of course was exactly in line with their previous studies but V.O just refused their visa based on travel history. Just sifting through this forum, I have found many people who have posted their V.O comments for the refusal and many of them were because of travel history. I wonder why is that as they also grant visa's to many fresh passport as well. It's a paradox that I would never understand :)
Perhaps that is just an excuse they use if they don't find the application "competent" enough.