+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to keep up to date with updates on Tourism and Hospitality Stream openings

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,

I would like to know where I can look on a daily basis to find out when the Alberta Tourism and Hospitality Stream openings reopen.

Thank you very much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since you are working in Alberta on a LMIA in an eligible NOC for at least 6 months, then check the AINP news release section regularly.

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Thanks for the reply. I have a question regarding the LMIA. Considering that my leave ends on September 7, when do you think it would be advisable to tell my boss to apply for the LMIA? And the other question is, in the offer you make me with the positive LMIA, should the start date of the contract be close to when my current visa expires?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have a question regarding the LMIA. Considering that my leave ends on September 7, when do you think it would be advisable to tell my boss to apply for the LMIA? And the other question is, in the offer you make me with the positive LMIA, should the start date of the contract be close to when my current visa expires?
Employer should be starting now because they have to go through the hiring process and post your job. They prove no one with your skills/education can do the job. Then pay $1k and file for a LMIA. Then you can apply for a closed work permit. Processing for permit can take many months.

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hi,

Closed work permit? And 1k? In the goverment Page says that when is for support permanent resident, he don't need to pay anything, he saves the 1k fee. And related to close work permit, it is necessary even when the purpose of the LMIA is for permanent residence?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Closed work permit? And 1k? In the goverment Page says that when is for support permanent resident, he don't need to pay anything, he saves the 1k fee. And related to close work permit, it is necessary even when the purpose of the LMIA is for permanent residence?
He can do that and save the $1K fee. But then you would need to stop working when your current work permit expires since you won't qualify for a new closed work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

If supporting for PR then has nothing to do with Alberta PNP. For Alberta you need an approved LMIA (pay $1k) and work for 6 months on a closed work permit. A LMIA support permit gives you the 50 points for Express Entry and then you wait for ITA. Apply for PR. BOWP is not an option if you don’t have a valid work permit at time of PR application. What is your CRS score?

Reactions: scylla

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
I will have a valid work permit at the time of application. And related to the LMIA for support permanent resident, it is only valid for Express entry? Not for PR by PNP?. Related to my CRS, aprox 400

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And I am on a open work permit, not closed
I know. But you can't extend your work permit beyond September unless your employer gets the LMIA that involves the $1K fee. Otherwise you need to stop working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will have a valid work permit at the time of application. And related to the LMIA for support permanent resident, it is only valid for Express entry? Not for PR by PNP?. Related to my CRS, aprox 400
A LMIA supported PR is just to add 50 points to your EE profile. It doesn’t make you eligible for Alberta PNP as you would need an approved LMIA (employer would have to pay the $1k) and then you get an approved closed work permit based on that LMIA. After 6 months on a closed work permit, you would be eligible for the toursim stream.

A PR supported LMIA is good if you need to get an extra 50 points knowing you will get ITA through EE. Your score is not high enough.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
At this point I would recommend you hire an immigraiton lawyer to assist you. It's important to understand the requirements and differences between the various immigration programs so that you know what you do and do not qualify for and what you have to ask your employer to do. Good luck.

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
In my knowledge is that if I apply for PR, I can have an bridging work permit. Thanks anyway! And related to lawyers... Bad reviews for people who had hired before hahaha thanks and good look for you also!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In my knowledge is that if I apply for PR, I can have an bridging work permit. Thanks anyway! And related to lawyers... Bad reviews for people who had hired before hahaha thanks and good look for you also!
So you need an ITA through EE to be eligible for a BOWP. The PNP tourism program is not relevant nor an option. With your current score, you will not get ITA.