+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to get your passport back web form I got mine in 2 weeks

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Be careful because you are supposed to fly using a refugee travel document not your home passport

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
how did you get your passport back..please explain
Go to google type ircc web form send them you want your passport they will let you know where is your passport they will give you fax number and Postel address all you have to do send letter that address or you can fax they will send your passport in 2 weeks your home this is how I got mine .

Reactions: InSearchOfHappiness

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
Go to google type ircc web form send them you want your passport they will let you know where is your passport they will give you fax number and Postel address all you have to do send letter that address or you can fax they will send your passport in 2 weeks your home this is how I got mine .
Thanks for sharing this info. So basically you don`t need to travel to Toronto, for example, to pick it up? They simply mailed it back to you? And in the webform section which category did you choose to send you request?

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Thanks for sharing this info. So basically you don`t need to travel to Toronto, for example, to pick it up? They simply mailed it back to you? And in the webform section which category did you choose to send you request?
Yes you don’t have to go anywhere they won’t send you email they won’t send you letter they just sent you your passport but just let me clear all of you we all have different situations I was aslyum seeker but I never got my hearing before my hearing I got married got my P R card I have withdrawn my asylum case after my P R card because I applied under family category when we called immigration they told me you not coming under refugee category your passport is with immigration you have full right to get your passport back but those who got PR after hearing or Asylum process they are not returning passport they are telling them take RTD refugees travel documents because in some cases if they give you passport you still should not travel to your home country because if anyone can get caught they may get deport but if you got your pr through your spouse and you have withdrawn your refugee case your welcome to travel your home county or anywhere if it’s safe thanks hope I cleared everything.

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
Yes you don’t have to go anywhere they won’t send you email they won’t send you letter they just sent you your passport but just let me clear all of you we all have different situations I was aslyum seeker but I never got my hearing before my hearing I got married got my P R card I have withdrawn my asylum case after my P R card because I applied under family category when we called immigration they told me you not coming under refugee category your passport is with immigration you have full right to get your passport back but those who got PR after hearing or Asylum process they are not returning passport they are telling them take RTD refugees travel documents because in some cases if they give you passport you still should not travel to your home country because if anyone can get caught they may get deport but if you got your pr through your spouse and you have withdrawn your refugee case your welcome to travel your home county or anywhere if it’s safe thanks hope I cleared everything.
Thanks. I know your situation I only wanted to make sure that they actually can mail the passport back because now I live in Ottawa and if I want to have my passport back one day it is difficult to travel to Mississauga. Would you please just tell me which category did you choose when you submitted the webform? There is no specific category for that query? Perhaps in Canada permanent residency?

Saqibali

May 19, 2022
Hi.i am also asylum seeker.
My case in RAD department.
And also I applied for spousal sponsorship on January 2022.
My background is underprocess....
My question is if I get my PR through spousal so how to withdraw the refugee case ?
U didn't mention here about your refugee withdraw case ?
Or it's same procedure to take back the passport but my passport is in Etobike office where I claim .
Thanks

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Thanks. I know your situation I only wanted to make sure that they actually can mail the passport back because now I live in Ottawa and if I want to have my passport back one day it is difficult to travel to Mississauga. Would you please just tell me which category did you choose when you submitted the webform? There is no specific category for that query? Perhaps in Canada permanent residency?
update documents category is not important.

Reactions: InSearchOfHappiness

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi.i am also asylum seeker.
My case in RAD department.
And also I applied for spousal sponsorship on January 2022.
My background is underprocess....
My question is if I get my PR through spousal so how to withdraw the refugee case ?
U didn't mention here about your refugee withdraw case ?
Or it's same procedure to take back the passport but my passport is in Etobike office where I claim .
Thanks
Just write a letter to refugee department once you got your pr card tell them your file number and reason why you wants to withdraw they will send you letter after few weeks that your asylum case has been withdrawn .

Reactions: Saqibali

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Now I can finally fly !!!! Can’t wait to go Istanbul Turkey went to usa yesterday checked if my current usa visa is still valid it’s all good no problem some people told me they cancel your usa visa when you apply stay in Canada no they won’t thx