+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to get PR after one year diploma in Canada

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Hello,

I am an international student in Ontario. My program of study is one-year post grade diploma. I will complete my diploma in April 2018 as a full-time student and then will apply for the post-grad work permit. I would like to know what is the best route for me to get PR? I am very worried as to get a full-time job in one year will be very challenging
As I will probably get the one-year postgraduate work permit.

What are options for me? to apply for PR and continue my stay in Canada?

Looking forward to getting some positive suggestions.

Best regards

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello,

I am an international student in Ontario. My program of study is one-year post grade diploma. I will complete my diploma in April 2018 as a full-time student and then will apply for the post-grad work permit. I would like to know what is the best route for me to get PR? I am very worried as to get a full-time job in one year will be very challenging

Best regards
Move to manitoba. There, you will have to work for one year in any filed for full time and afterwards you can apply for PR. That is why I didn't apply for ontario. The only fast and easy way to get PR after study is to study in Manitoba.
If you could have studied in manitoba, you would have to work only for 6 months and that is also in any field and you could have applied for PR.
Please, check manitoba site and check all info before moving there. Red river college is the best college in manitoba. Thank you.

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Move to manitoba. There, you will have to work for one year in any filed for full time and afterwards you can apply for PR. That is why I didn't apply for ontario. The only fast and easy way to get PR after study is to study in Manitoba.
If you could have studied in manitoba, you would have to work only for 6 months and that is also in any field and you could have applied for PR.
Please, check manitoba site and check all info before moving there. Red river college is the best college in manitoba. Thank you.
Thank you for the response. But the challenge for me is right now I'm living with some relatives until I start working so it will be difficult to manage all the expenses if I am moving to Manitoba :( are there any other options?

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Is BC PNP international post graduate not easy ? I think BC nominates you directly w/o any job offer if you masters is in STEM .. is'nt that easier then Manitoba ? Ofcourse if your masters is not in STEM then its a moot point

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Is BC PNP international post graduate not easy ? I think BC nominates you directly w/o any job offer if you masters is in STEM .. is'nt that easier then Manitoba ? Ofcourse if your masters is not in STEM then its a moot point
manitoba has also introcuded such rule from april-2018..you can directly apply for pr without job if you hold master degree from stem

zarish

Jul 9, 2018
Hey is it confirmed that if i get admission in 1 year program at manitoba i can apply for PR Afterwards? dont i have to show work experience of my field and what about pgwp? plz guide me i am planning to take admission?

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello,

Best regards

Hello,

I am currently in the same situation as you. I have also finished a 1 year diploma at university in Ontario. However, I have 3 years of experience outside of Canada. Is it manageable to get PR with only one year PGWP ?

Thanks

Sumit Saha

Jul 18, 2019
I have done my 3 years diploma in India.
But i think it will equivalent in canada only 2 years diploma (I'm not sure).
so my question is, can i apply for PR in canada?Can i get as a diploma holder?

Shar1007

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I am currently in the same situation as you. I have also finished a 1 year diploma at university in Ontario. However, I have 3 years of experience outside of Canada. Is it manageable to get PR with only one year PGWP ?

Thanks
Hi, can you pls advise if you’ve been able to get work permit or PR after your diploma in ontario? I’m thinking of doing a diploma as well. Thanks