Star Member
May 13, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
How would you rank the following Universities for Masters of Electrical Engineering in Canada:

University of Windsor
Concordia University
Queen's University
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Waiting for your responses.......

adnan_wns

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h**p://w*w.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ca

romakhalil

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Peshawar
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING FOR THE STICKER :p
LANDED..........
VERY SOON INSHALLAH
Conconrdia University ...

masab.qayyum

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
As Concordia is in Quebec which is a french speaking province, wouldn't it be difficult to communicate to people and to get job in the province??

romakhalil

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Peshawar
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON INSHALLAH
yup it'll b a prob initially but... U'll get used to it. thinking about these issues while sitting at ur home... not a good idea dear...

best of luck..

masab.qayyum

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
@ romakhalil

How much time does Concordia take to finalize the admission decision, when did you apply and in how much time did you get the admission letter from Concordia.

romakhalil

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Peshawar
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON INSHALLAH
i applied for Winter 2011 got answer in about 2months. Answer ws negative... coz my CGPA is 2.87... they need atleast 3 still its not guranted that exact 3CGPA will fetch u a seat in Concordia...

Regards

mawais102

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
hi guyz colud u please tell me that em i eligible for M.Eng in Electrical and Computer ENGINEERING in Concordia University as My IELTS Score is

IELTS overall 6.0
CGPA 3.77/4

saadileo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
IELTS Request
IBT TOEFL 114
Med's Request
July 2, 2011
Med's Done....
July 11, 2011
Passport Req..
July 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 5, 2011
mawais102 said:
hi guyz colud u please tell me that em i eligible for M.Eng in Electrical and Computer ENGINEERING in Concordia University as My IELTS Score is

IELTS overall 6.0
CGPA 3.77/4
You can get admission in top universities of Canada with this GPA. Try to apply in University of Toronto University of British Columbia, McGill, University of Alberta, Waterloo etc. You can get a scholarship as well.

saadileo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
IELTS Request
IBT TOEFL 114
Med's Request
July 2, 2011
Med's Done....
July 11, 2011
Passport Req..
July 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 5, 2011
mawais102 said:
hello saadileo

does i need to revise my IELTS or not?????????
If u meet requirements, then IELTS is not a problem. Basically IELTS/TOEFL are English proficiency tests and i you meet the criteria than chances are that nobody will reject u on its basis.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
mawais102 said:

IELTS overall 6.0
CGPA 3.77/4
Your result is impressive apart from the ielts. To apply to a decent university, you need 6.5 with no boundary less than 6. With this Cgpa, you can get in MSc. Although it is difficult to get fund in U15 universities in Engineering department (most of the funds are being taken away by Chinese students), then again if you have publications/journals/research experience and a great SOP, nothing can stop you.

Certain univerities like Concordia/Alberta doesn't count GRE scores but universities like McGill (GRE is mandatory), UoT, Waterloo and UBC will look into GRE scores (most applicants in these universities applies with GRE).

If you graduate from a well renowned university from your country, that can be a BIG plus for you also.

For scholarship, I suggest that you should contact with potential supervisors beforehand since most of the funds go to those who can convince supervisors before applying or during application.

Lastly, the universities that mawais102 suggested are extremely competitive universities especially UoT, McGill, UoA but they are not impossible to get admission into. On the other hand, uWaterloo is competitive in industrial level like if you have a good experience for like 1 or 2 years, you can get into it, atleast in MEng. So I suggest, you should start looking for supervisors and start emailing them. Don't make the emails too big as they tends to be very busy people and don't like reading emails which are long.

And if you are aiming for MEng only, Concordia is a confirmed hit! You can include UoT/UBC/McGill (you must have GRE)/UoA, uWaterloo since you never know what's written for you (like I never thought I would get admission to uWaterloo with 3.53 :p). But among all these universities, UoT, McGill and UBC would be a gamble. If you are tight on application fee budget, you should consider applying to universities where you have higher probability of getting admission (like replace UoT/UBC with uManitoba/McMaster).

I am not demotivating you because no one knows where your destiny is but sometimes we all have to play safe. But you need to improve your IELTS since it doesn't meet the minimum requirement for most of the universities.

saadileo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
IELTS Request
IBT TOEFL 114
Med's Request
July 2, 2011
Med's Done....
July 11, 2011
Passport Req..
July 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 5, 2011
Yeah GRE is a must for McGill. I do not know about your field in detail as I am a Petroleum Engineer and will be joining U of A for MEng in PE. But generally what I have read on the internet suggests that U of A, U Calgary are good for PE, Civil etc. but that's just my own opinion. Try the same things as the above poster said. You can get in top ranked universities!

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
saadileo said:
Yeah GRE is a must for McGill. I do not know about your field in detail as I am a Petroleum Engineer and will be joining U of A for MEng in PE. But generally what I have read on the internet suggests that U of A, U Calgary are good for PE, Civil etc. but that's just my own opinion. Try the same things as the above poster said. You can get in top ranked universities!
Alberta is the oil capital...so obviously petroleum engineering is the best over there...man u r going to be rich :D

saadileo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
IELTS Request
IBT TOEFL 114
Med's Request
July 2, 2011
Med's Done....
July 11, 2011
Passport Req..
July 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 5, 2011
rhasan said:
Alberta is the oil capital...so obviously petroleum engineering is the best over there...man u r going to be rich :D
Insha Allah :) but before i become rich, I need a visa ;D