+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best time to order GCMS notes and chances of rejection after IP2.

weirdobeardo

Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

I applied for Express Entry in the Federal Skilled Workers' stream. I received ITA in November 2017 and eAOR on 1st January 2018. My Express Entry points were 492. I have been stuck in IP2 since the end of February. I had a Canadian visit visa rejection in October 2016 (which I mentioned and explained in my EE application). I applied from Pakistan and have traveled many times to the UK in the past 5-6 years. I also applied alone. There's no family member listed in my application.

My questions are:

- What are the chances of my application getting rejected at this stage (i.e. post IP2)?
- What are the chances of me getting flagged for Security Screening because of the prior visit visa rejection? It's been two months since the last update on my application, is that a clear indication that I am indeed in Security Screening?
- What is the best time to order GCMS notes? Should I order them in July (i.e. six months after eAOR) or should I order them right now?
- If I travel to any other country or switch jobs, will I need to inform the immigration authorities? Is it legally required?
- Lastly, how long do you stay stuck in Security Screening?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
What are the chances of my application getting rejected at this stage (i.e. post IP2)?

Since you have already reached IP2, the chances of rejection are comparatively less than at IP1.

- What are the chances of me getting flagged for Security Screening because of the prior visit visa rejection? It's been two months since the last update on my application, is that a clear indication that I am indeed in Security Screening?

There are people who have got PR even after multiple rejections. It just takes time. Most of the applicants who got IP2 status update on 27 Feb are still at same stage with no updaes so it's perfectly fine. As far as security screening is concerned, it is not related to the time spent at IP2 so you might be or might not be under Security Screening. Only GCMS notes is a way to know about it.

- What is the best time to order GCMS notes? Should I order them in July (i.e. six months after eAOR) or should I order them right now?

Best time to order is 6-8 weeks after AOR. You can order even today. the wait time is around 30-40 days.

- If I travel to any other country or switch jobs, will I need to inform the immigration authorities? Is it legally required?

As per my knowledge, No.

from few days to even a year or more as i have read on this forum.

Reactions: weirdobeardo

Erum Jahan

Jun 20, 2018
Hi,

I applied for Express Entry in the Federal Skilled Workers' stream. I received ITA in November 2017 and eAOR on 1st January 2018. My Express Entry points were 492. I have been stuck in IP2 since the end of February. I had a Canadian visit visa rejection in October 2016 (which I mentioned and explained in my EE application). I applied from Pakistan and have traveled many times to the UK in the past 5-6 years. I also applied alone. There's no family member listed in my application.

My questions are:

- What are the chances of my application getting rejected at this stage (i.e. post IP2)?
Is there any update on your case? My eAOR is January 31st, 2018 and i am in IP2 since 27th February, 2018. there is o update on my case after IP2.