+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Time to Apply for Jobs - Hiring Trends in Canada?

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Hello Seniors,

I was wondering if any of you could provide us newcomers (current landed and soon to land) with a calendar in terms of the peaks and troughs of job hiring in Canada (I am specifically looking at Toronto), but don't want anyone to limit any information they are willing to provide?

I did post this question in one other thread within this board, but didn't receive a reply. What is it that I am looking for? Well, for example, in Australia (specifically Sydney) - best times to start applying is mid-Jan and mid-June for most jobs because this is when most companies are hiring for skilled positions. However, if you are looking for retail part time or casual positions, then Sept-Oct is the best time, so that you get hired for the holiday period. I am looking for similar information.

The profession I am looking at is PR, Marketing and Communication, but even generic information about hiring trends will be helpful.

Thanks all! Cheers!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
here in ottawa, it's pretty similar to what you already have listed. The best times for hiring I found are September and January and possibly Novemeber (before holidays). Of course, retail is the same anywhere... summers and holiday season. Most non-retail companies won't do much hiring over the summer, this is when most people take vacations. Also, private companies don't do much hiring in December because of the holidays.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Its a very good thread.

But , we need some more input from other seniors please.

Especially for Toronto !

Regards
Q.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
April to September. Generally during summer months.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What most people will probably say apart from any hiring seasons is that you will find competition for jobs is fierce and you may have to set sights lower than what you may want to and will likely have to overcome the lack of Canadian experience challenge.

red988

Jul 17, 2016
Retail roles usually are easiest to find during the Fall months leading upto Christmas. Many temp sales roles available with good commission that have lead to ongoing positions.

Late April to September are very good in BC for finding hospitality roles. Generally, if the suns out people are hiring. These jobs pay very well and may hold you until you find something you may want more long term. Have a quick look on relevant craigslist listings for hiring fairs and have a strong resume to hand and prepare for interviews, thats how i found my current job.

Best of luck