+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best strategy please!!!

maneesh

Feb 1, 2006
Helloz all,
Friends i am looking for some practical advise ,
I am planning to apply for P.R with my wife as a prime applicant ,I am a student on a student permit till dec 1 2006 and my wife has been granted a work permit on this basis till december 1 2006.
My question is that can she apply for P.R ?
She landed in Canada on the 16th of Dec 2005 so even with her work permit she still falls a few days short of 1 full year..
Please advise...and also tell the best possible strategy to apply for P.R
Thanks Maneesh

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I remember you should have been legally living in the country different from your homeland for 12 months before applying for PR.
But it is the rule for applying from overseas.

You can look at www.cic.gc.ca about applying for PR from inside Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Regina said:
I remember you should have been legally living in the country different from your homeland for 12 months before applying for PR.
But it is the rule for applying from overseas.

You can look at www.cic.gc.ca about applying for PR from inside Canada.
Its not living in country it is being admitted for 1 year. If you came to Canada on the 6th of Jan and were admitted to the 6 Jan the following year, you could apply to Buffalo, if you came on the 6th of Jan and were admitted to 6th of Decemeber, you couldn't.

PMM

maneesh

Feb 1, 2006
Thanks !!!

Thanks Pmm and Regina But i am still confused by admittance u mean the actual duration of the visa which for my wife is exactly 1 yr
1st dec 2005--1st dec 2006
but the catch is she landed on canada on the 16 th of december so although she has a valid visa for 1 year her length of stay will be a few days shorter,
I am sorry to be so pestering but i don't want to go through of applying ,if my wife is not eligible to file from here.
Thanks
Maneesh

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
LMIA

My employer applied for a lmia for me. But they aren't open from 1 year. So they don't have tax papers like T2$T4 to attach with application. They have sent the application back saying its incomplete. But my company also attached the sheet saying that we're unable to provide T2$T4 on their company letter head. Any suggestions what i should do next?