+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CANADA AND HOW TO BUY HOME IN CANADA

malimm0a

Jul 30, 2007
Hello to all

I am in the passport request (landing papers) waiting mode. SO i though to think about some other things.

Does anyone have any idea about the property/real estate buying in canada??? How about the mortgage and how about the size and style of the home/villa/apartment???
any idea about the cost? and cost of living? what is the income tax ratio in CA? what size is good for a family of 3 people.

and which city is the best to live in? i heard vancouver is good & nice? best time to visit canada for landing and immigration? i live in the Middle east, so any specific instruction and pre-cautions?

I am sorry all my questions are silly but i will be glad if some one can just provied general info.

is there any way that we can get the property prices as of 2008.

cheers
Malimm0a

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
About Vancouver -

It is nice and beautiful, in spring and summer. There are beaches where you can swim in the summer, and mountains where you can ski in the winter.

Vancouver has the most expensive real estate in Canada. You might not find it affordable if you have an average amount of money. You can check prices at www.mls.ca

On the dark side of things, for those of us who come from countries where the sun shines, a winter in Vancouver can be quite depressing. It rains a lot and there are far too many cloudy days where you can't see the sun. Lack of sun has the strangest of effects on people...

...then again, that just makes spring so much better. But it's something to have in mind.

G luck.

Reactions: Noramoda

Connor

Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for sharing problem.
I suggest to you if you consult the Canadian real estate agent they can guide to right destination. It is better for your and your problem is easily solve .
Best of luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not any real estate agent may do the job well. Find a reputable one will help you save money.

Bobby554

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver, is undoubtedly the best place to live in Canada. Best infrastructure, awesome climate, snowy mountains and sea shores, ferry service to Victoria, Pacific Ocean cruise, excellent food from every part of the globe, good public transport service, low crime rate and above all the beautiful people of British Columbia !! Real estate is really an issue of concern but once you'll start earning in Dollars everything shall be within your reach. So just overlook these issues and Google for the most livable city in the world and you'll find out the answer>>>>> VANCOUVER in the BEAUTIFUL BRITISH COLUMBIA !!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_most_livable_cities

Bobby554

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
malimm0a said:
Hello to all

I am in the passport request (landing papers) waiting mode. SO i though to think about some other things.

Does anyone have any idea about the property/real estate buying in canada??? How about the mortgage and how about the size and style of the home/villa/apartment???
any idea about the cost? and cost of living? what is the income tax ratio in CA? what size is good for a family of 3 people.

and which city is the best to live in? i heard vancouver is good & nice? best time to visit canada for landing and immigration? i live in the Middle east, so any specific instruction and pre-cautions?

I am sorry all my questions are silly but i will be glad if some one can just provied general info.

cheers
Malimm0a
No question is silly in this forum. First off, here's a link to one of my earlier post about a good city to live in..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/best-city-to-live-in-canada-t68012.0.html

For a family of Three, you will need a minimum of Two-bedrooms accommodation. I can tell you the current prices in Toronto in a moderate scale area (all two-three bedrooms):

1. Condominium : $ 175,000 - $ 300,000
2. Townhome Freehold (no common area fees) : $250,000 - $ 350,000
3. Townhome Leasehold (with Common area fees) : $250,000 - $ 350,000
4. Semi-Detached House : $250,000 - $ 425,000
5. Detached : $ 325,000 - $ 500,000

Based on the present interest rates, your mortgage payments will be about $350 for every $100,000 that you borrow. As a new comer with no credit history, banks would want to see at least a minimum of 25% of the house value as down payment. Aside from the mortgage, you will have to pay property taxes, which is approx. 1.5% of the value of your house. Then you have utilities (Electricity, Gas, Cable, Telephone, Internet etc).

Vancouver is a nice city, but hard to get a start in the job market.
Property prices are up about 25% since 2008. Check out www.mls.ca

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
steaky said:
Not any real estate agent may do the job well. Find a reputable one will help you save money.
Reputable Realtors are usually too big for their clients and provide less personalized service, since for them, you are just a number. I suggest finding one who understands your finances/requirements, and works with you towards finding a suitable home. Interview at least 5 agents before hiring one. Here's what you should look for:

1. Well qualified and fluent in English
2. Few years of experience behind him/her
3. In your age bracket (sorry, realtors who are too young tend to be pushy, and too senior are reactive (not pro-active) if you know what I mean)
4. Not too big and famous (they don't have time for you)
5. Doing this full-time (Part-time Realtors cannot work with your availability)
6. Sound knowledge about the area of your choice
7. Good negotiator (ask for references).

All the best.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
malimm0a said:
Hello to all

cheers
Malimm0a
My take:
U should also PM bsrk68 with your email ID for a detailed discussion on your options. Rest assured he know's many things, apt answers, related to your queries.

Qorax

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing in June 2012 end by grace of GOD
bsrk68 said:
Aside from the mortgage, you will have to pay property taxes, which is approx. 1.5% of the value of your house.

Hi Bsrk68, :D

as you said "you will have to pay property taxes, which is approx. 1.5% of the value of your house" ---- this 1.5% property tax i have to pay one time only or for every years till i have that property in mine hand?

I appreciate you work "Sir", you have sound info about property puchase in Canada...your any advice appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Tina ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
australiatocanada said:

as you said "you will have to pay property taxes, which is approx. 1.5% of the value of your house" ---- this 1.5% property tax i have to pay one time only or for every years till i have that property in mine hand?

I appreciate you work "Sir", you have sound info about property puchase in Canada...your any advice appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Tina ;D
Every year - in instalments.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
australiatocanada said:

Thanks in advance

Tina ;D
Yes Tina, as Qorax Da says...every year in instalments. Most home owners now club the monthly tax payments along with their mortgage instalments for the ease of it. Remember, a house is something that will keep taking money from you, even if it is paid off. Property taxes, utilities and repairs never cease ;) But again, it is better to pay your own mortgage, rather than pay someone else's (aka Renting).

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bsrk68 said:
1. Condominium : $ 175,000 - $ 300,000
2. Townhome Freehold (no common area fees) : $250,000 - $ 350,000
3. Townhome Leasehold (with Common area fees) : $250,000 - $ 350,000
4. Semi-Detached House : $250,000 - $ 425,000
5. Detached : $ 325,000 - $ 500,000

Based on the present interest rates, your mortgage payments will be about $350 for every $100,000 that you borrow. As a new comer with no credit history, banks would want to see at least a minimum of 25% of the house value as down payment. Aside from the mortgage, you will have to pay property taxes, which is approx. 1.5% of the value of your house. Then you have utilities (Electricity, Gas, Cable, Telephone, Internet etc).

Dear bsrk68,

Thanks for above valuable information...hands off for your this work....+1 also for you...I'm looking for this type of info for so many days in this form but found in your thread.....Thanks :-*

Me and mine hubby want to land Toronto in Dec 2011 / Jan 2012 and within a year want to buy a "Semi-Detached House"........we want to start our family in a peaceful community......plus we prefer to live in a "POSH Locality"of Toronto if possible in our budget.....we are from India and now want to know which locality / Area best for us as per your guidance...view....

I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy appreciate for your view / guidance.

Thanx ;D ;D ;D

Tina :D

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
australiatocanada said:
Dear bsrk68,

Thanks for above valuable information...hands off for your this work....+1 also for you...I'm looking for this type of info for so many days in this form but found in your thread.....Thanks :-*

Me and mine hubby want to land Toronto in Dec 2011 / Jan 2012 and within a year want to buy a "Semi-Detached House"....we have CAD$100000 seperate house value as down payment and rest prefer on EMI's....we want to start our family in a peaceful community......plus we prefer to live in a "POSH Locality"of Toronto if possible in our budget.....we are from India and now want to know which locality / Area best for us as per your guidance...view....

Our Total Budget is CAD$300000 for Semi-Detached House (3+ Bedroom's).

I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy appreciate for your view / guidance.

Thanx ;D ;D ;D

Tina :D
Dear Tina,

I would deem this information as personal and confidential (specially when we are discussing your personal finances). Please PM me your email address and I will send you all details (or as much as I know), which could be beneficial to you while making a decision. Lets publicly write what is pertinent and useful for the majority of the forum readers. I hope you understand.

Just a clarification: House prices for semi-detached houses in "Posh Localities" of Toronto (3 Bedrooms) start at $425,000 if we are lucky to find one. Rest in your email... ;)

Regards

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bsrk68 said:
Dear Tina,

I would deem this information as personal and confidential (specially when we are discussing your personal finances). Please PM me your email address and I will send you all details (or as much as I know), which could be beneficial to you while making a decision. Lets publicly write what is pertinent and useful for the majority of the forum readers. I hope you understand.

Just a clarification: House prices for semi-detached houses in "Posh Localities" of Toronto (3 Bedrooms) start at $425,000 if we are lucky to find one. Rest in your email... ;)

Regards
Thanks bsrk68....I'm waiting for your reply in Email then.....cheers!! Tina :D

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi,

Can anyone guide me - In most of the residential properties adds which are on sale by agents say's "Monthly Maintenance Fees $$$"

I want to know what things are cover in the "Monthly Maintenance Fees" normally everwhere in Toronto residentials?

Please Guide

Thanx

Tina