+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best place to invest in canada for best returns ?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear

If someone has about 2 M cad in funds, whats the best place to invest in canada, and what sort of returns can one expect ?

Thanks

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
With $2 million of capital, you could:
1) Buy a series of properties to rent out for cash flow; or
2) Buy a mid-sized business yielding $3 million + in cash flow using leverage.

Those would both provide you with some attractive returns.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also if you buy property and before the transaction is completed, you can also consider sell the property by assignments to get a quick profit (capital gain).

fazal_81

Jan 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Complete application & suporting docs filed on 29-03-2011 & received by CIO on 05-04-2011.
Doc's Request.
12- Nov- 2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
File Transfer...
RBVO on 26th May, 2011. File "In Process" on 30- April- 2013.
Med's Request
Alhamdulillah on 12- Nov- 2014, RPRF paid on 17- 11- 2014
Med's Done....
15- 11- 2014, Medicals received by LVO on 22- 11- 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 11 November, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-March, 2015 (PPR2). Submitted passports in VFS Riyadh on 11-03-2015, Received PPs on 29 March, 2015 along with CoPR.
LANDED..........
1st May, 2015 (Stayed 1 month). Settled for good: 29-06-2016

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
steaky said:
Also if you buy property and before the transaction is completed, you can also consider sell the property by assignments to get a quick profit (capital gain).
Hi,

How do you forward sale while documentation is pending! What is assignment?

Hasan

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

How do you forward sale while documentation is pending! What is assignment?

Hasan
1) What documentation are you talking about? ???
2) An assignment is a sales transaction where the original buyer of a property (the “assignor”) allows another buyer (the “assignee”) to take over the buyer’s rights and obligations of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, before the original buyer closes on the property (that is, where they take possession of the property). The assignee is the one who ultimately completes the deal with the seller.

In other words, an assignment clause allows the buyer of a home to sell the place before they take possession of it.

http://www.reco.on.ca/buyer-seller-news/what-home-buyers-and-sellers-need-to-know-about-real-estate-assignments/

Reactions: Teja K and Jakev

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
steaky said:
1) What documentation are you talking about? ???
2) An assignment is a sales transaction where the original buyer of a property (the “assignor”) allows another buyer (the “assignee”) to take over the buyer’s rights and obligations of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, before the original buyer closes on the property (that is, where they take possession of the property). The assignee is the one who ultimately completes the deal with the seller.

In other words, an assignment clause allows the buyer of a home to sell the place before they take possession of it.

http://www.reco.on.ca/buyer-seller-news/what-home-buyers-and-sellers-need-to-know-about-real-estate-assignments/
Thanks for your feedback!

You seem very knowledgeable on this topic.

Hasan

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
This is good topic to discuss. If we are speaking about return from real estate rentals, I have the following inquires in order to have brain storming and all to get benefit from different location and thoughts :

1- what is the expected rate of return after tax/ maintenance / others… ?
2- what kind of real estate Residential vs Commercial ?
3- Where is the location..?
4- How much is the expected capital gain?

You are welcome to add new questions

Reactions: Teja K

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
paolo1967 said:
This is good topic to discuss. If we are speaking about return from real estate rentals, I have the following inquires in order to have brain storming and all to get benefit from different location and thoughts :

1- what is the expected rate of return after tax/ maintenance / others… ?
2- what kind of real estate Residential vs Commercial ?
3- Where is the location..?
4- How much is the expected capital gain?

You are welcome to add new questions
You need answers of your questions! I think in Canada, investment in real estate is still good with less possibility of incurring loss. As rate of interest is still low, cost of financing remained all time low.

Hasan

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
Dont mess up with real estate now. Real estate is big bubble in Canada now and its not being smart to invest 2m in realestate and get 3-5k monthly rent.

My humble opinion be careful..

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
What you invest in depends very much on your appetite for risk and effort. Property in atlantic Canada is fairly stable, but not growth. Vancouver and Toronto more growth but also more risk of the "bubble" that everyone is talking about. Though people have been talking about the bubble for years. Have not seen it yet. If you are buying or investing in a business bigger city is always better. Stay away from Atlantic. (In atlantic they say the way to get a small business is to buy a big one and then run it for a little while). Probably not all that bad, but unless the business has national or international capability and market access, steer clear. Stock markets in Canada are also performing fairly well. I'v done 80% over the past 5 years on the stock market. Best way to decide is to move to a place you want to live. Live there for a year or two and then figure out what you want to do. My advice.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi Folks,
I'm a new comer, almost 3 year's in Canada now. We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 toddlers (boys). I'm working full time with an annual salary of $100K and my wife works part time now and bring home approx $30K but when she starts full time it will be around 100K. We bought a house and I have some savings now, almost 40K, where can I invest ?

Is it a good time to buy second home (outside Toronto, lol) as an investment or better save more and wait for the bubble to burst ?
What are other available options other than RRSP, RESP and TFSA. I have $48K room for RRSP contribution now but i didn't open one yet. If you suggest me to open RRSP/RESP, whats the best banks and option to start with ?
Is it better to finish off my current mortgage fast (its my primary residence) . No rental income ?
Kindly advice....

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I'm a new comer, almost 3 year's in Canada now. We are a family of four, 2 adults and 2 toddlers (boys). I'm working full time with an annual salary of $100K and my wife works part time now and bring home approx $30K but when she starts full time it will be around 100K. We bought a house and I have some savings now, almost 40K, where can I invest ?

Is it a good time to buy second home as an investment or better save more and wait for the bubble to burst ?
What are other available options other than RRSP, RESP and TFSA. I have $48K room for RRSP contribution now but i didn't open one yet. If you suggest me to open RRSP/RESP, whats the best banks and option to start with ?
Is it better to finish off my current mortgage fast (its my primary residence) . No rental income ?
Kindly advice....
For property, do you pass the mortgage stress test?