March 09 2010
Doc's Request.
10 Sep 2010 - New Delhi Visa Office
AOR Received.
Sep 13 2010
File Transfer...
May 18 2010
Hello Experts,

Could you please share your expert comments on the Best Place of Destination to land in canada for Information Technology manager.

Please share your ideas interms of Job Opportunities, Cost of Living, Work Culture and Climate.

I have narrowed down to states like Ontario and British Colombia. Help me to finalise the states to land in for initial immigration landing.

And one more question, is there a possibilty to change my location of living after i got the PR for a particular state. For example when i m filing the application i have made Ontario as the state to land and after i get the PR status and now if i wanted to change my location? can i do the same.

Please advise.

Regards,
Harri.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
Harri27 said:
Hello Experts,

Could you please share your expert comments on the Best Place of Destination to land in canada for Information Technology manager.

Please share your ideas interms of Job Opportunities, Cost of Living, Work Culture and Climate.

I have narrowed down to states like Ontario and British Colombia. Help me to finalise the states to land in for initial immigration landing.

And one more question, is there a possibilty to change my location of living after i got the PR for a particular state. For example when i m filing the application i have made Ontario as the state to land and after i get the PR status and now if i wanted to change my location? can i do the same.

Please advise.

Regards,
Harri.
Harri,

AFAIK, once you have the PR you can work in any province in the country without filing additional paperwork. Seniors: pls correct if I am wrong.

As for the best places, I know a few folks that work in Ontario (Toronto, Waterloo, etc). They all tell me that the opportunities are scarce but people are scarce as well. In the SAP module that I work in, Canada has had approx 3 job postings in the past 1.5 years. This is in comparison with at least 50 postings in the US in half that time! But when I applied to one of these 3 postings (without a PR, just to test the waters), I did get a call from the employer. It eventually fell through, probably because I did not have work authorization and filing a work visa for me was not an option for this company. Now I don't know what that says about how scarce people are in this skill-set. One thing was obvious that they did find someone else who already had a PR, so it's not all that scarce. In IT, I don't think there are too many opportunities outside of Ontario. If I get the PR, I am considering landing in Toronto but only after I find a job there. Will continue to work in the US until that happens.

And I hope you have a skill-set that is marketable, other than that of IT manager. I manage multiple projects in my current role, but I have no hope of finding a job with similar responsibilities when/if I get to Canada. I'm planning to look for a hands-on role in my search. Pretty sure none of this helped you, but wanted to share my thoughts all the same!

Do keep us posted about your experiences when you land. It really helps others.

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided