+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best part of canada for constuction companies amd skilled trade people?

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give suggestion on good parts of canada to start constuction (roofing,carpentry) business,where you can make good money.

Something that might compare to USA like : lower fairfield county (stamford,greenwich,new canann)
weschester county (white plains)

There must be great differences in how much work you can get , and much money you can make .

I would prefer southern part of canada,

Thank you,

MyCanadaPlan

Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saskatoon and Calgary might be your best bet. Edmonton is also growing but is likely too far north for your taste...
A caution that construction (especially roofing) in Canada is mostly a seasonal industry, and slows down dramatically if not completely during the winter for many companies. Not to dissuade you because I think there is a lot of opportunity for trades these days, but that you might need to look into how other construction companies make it through the winter months... perhaps an alternate service such as snowplowing.

Check out the Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation (CMHC) for housing starts comparisons...

Best of luck
Lisa
mycanadaplan.com

Frank677

Oct 27, 2022
I recently noticed that our house is too damp. After checking the roof did not notice any major leaks. But the roofing is already old, so it will have to be replaced soon. You need to choose a membrane for the waterproofing layer.