+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Option

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
I have been living in Quebec for 4years and would like to know whether I should apply under refugee or humanitarian. A little back story, I was in a relationship with my ex for 2years and he broke up with me when I got pregnant because he decided that I was not worthy to be with anymore and now he has intentions of helping a woman and her 5years old from grenada. As of now I am 25weeks pregnant with fraternal twins and an incompetent cervix. I saw two lawyers and one said to do refugee and the other said not to do refugee. I should I wait till my twins are born to do humanitarian.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have no status in Canada? You have bigger issues like no health coverage. This is clerkly not an asylum case. You haven't been in your home country lately and been persecuted lately in your home country.

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
Do you have no status in Canada? You have bigger issues like no health coverage. This is clerkly not an asylum case. You haven't been in your home country lately and been persecuted lately in your home country.
No I have not, I was told by a lawyer to apply for refugee because of my story but many women and men wrote about the same thing and has been denied. Then the other lawyer I said its best that I do not apply. He said my option is H&C because of my establishment. Now Im confused because of the different advice

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
I know all lawyers are different and do what works best for them. This forum is to get opinions. Every case and judge is different. Some may say its to late to apply for refugee while other say its to earlier to apply for H&C. Now Im willing to do something because of my bundles thats on its way knowing that I will be deported if its goes left. What Im asking is, what would you do ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You are definitly not a ref
I know all lawyers are different and do what works best for them. This forum is to get opinions. Every case and judge is different. Some may say its to late to apply for refugee while other say its to earlier to apply for H&C. Now Im willing to do something because of my bundles thats on its way knowing that I will be deported if its goes left. What Im asking is, what would you do ?
What about voluntarily returning to your country of citizenship? Why isn't that an option?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What are your grounds for asylum? You have been living safely in Canada for 4 years. Was your life ever in danger? What is your current status and how did you come to Canada? Work permit, TRV, student permit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That would be an option if I had a family to return too.
Yes but you have status to live there and citizenship that is the current difference. Hard to comment on H&C but this is certainly not an asylum case. Your bigger issue will be having the money to live, get a lawyer, afford medical care since it sounds like you are out of status.

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
What are your grounds for asylum? You have been living safely in Canada for 4 years. Was your life ever in danger? What is your current status and how did you come to Canada? Work permit, TRV, student permit?
Yes but you have status to live there and citizenship that is the current difference. Hard to comment on H&C but this is certainly not an asylum case. Your bigger issue will be having the money to live, get a lawyer, afford medical care since it sounds like you are out of status.
I have relatives here and a big supportive system and they have been great help to me. I have a place to live and I already stated my payment plan with the hospital and I was offered a public attorney. Like I said, I say two lawyers and both give different advice

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have relatives here and a big supportive system and they have been great help to me. I have a place to live and I already stated my payment plan with the hospital and I was offered a public attorney. Like I said, I say two lawyers and both give different advice
The general consensus here is that you're definitely not going to get refugee status based on the facts you provided. So you can remove that option and figure out your next steps.

LILIAN27

Apr 6, 2019
My previous employer was interested in sponsoring me because I was their caregiver for 3years but they moved to the states. Now Im still working but only as a part time housekeeper. My relatives help me with an visa. I wish I had collateral to give the bank back home to apply for a loan to study abroad. After graduating college in 2012 I wanted to go to university and further in Law. Then I came here started to work and doing classes. Then my stupid self got pregnant. I do not hate my pregnancy I wish I was just in a good place before it happened