+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best option to immigrate to Canada.

manter

Jun 24, 2022
I got back from UK to India last June. I was pursuing a bachelors degree. I decided to drop out in my last year. I worked for Papa Johns Pizza for about 2 years. I haven't worked or studied since last June. What would be the best option for me to move to Canada. I've tried for PR on my own and through agencies but because I'm not a graduate I am not eligible. Is coming to Canada on a visitor visa then getting a work permit the best option?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got back from UK to India last June. I was pursuing a bachelors degree. I decided to drop out in my last year. I worked for Papa Johns Pizza for about 2 years. I haven't worked or studied since last June. What would be the best option for me to move to Canada. I've tried for PR on my own and through agencies but because I'm not a graduate I am not eligible. Is coming to Canada on a visitor visa then getting a work permit the best option?
If you have no post secondary you would not be eligible. A work permit is difficult. You would need a job offer and then employer pays $1k and files for a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. The. You wait for LMIA and once approved you apply for a closed work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coming to Canada as a visitor does not give you a path for applying for a work permit. This is not realistic. To qualify for a work permit, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA. This is a long and difficult process so you would want to complete it from outside of Canada before moving to Canada. If you happen to be a UK citizen, then there may be other options.

Otherwise there really aren't any suitable immigration programs for you right now since you don't have higher education or skilled work experience. You won't meet requirements and/or won't score enough points to complete against other applicants. You're competing against people who have Master's degrees and multiple years of skilled work experience.

Reactions: YVR123

manter

Jun 24, 2022
If you have no post secondary you would not be eligible. A work permit is difficult. You would need a job offer and then employer pays $1k and files for a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. The. You wait for LMIA and once approved you apply for a closed work permit.
I applied for a couple jobs where the employer is providing LMIA. They asked me to come in for an interview. I told them I'm in India at the moment which is why I was rejected. Do you think If I come to Canada on a visitor visa I can find a job with LMIA without much difficulty and get a work permit?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a couple jobs where the employer is providing LMIA. They asked to come in for an interview. I told them I'm in India at the moment which is why I was rejected. Do you think If I come to Canada on a visitor visa I can find a job with LMIA without much difficulty and get a work permit?
You can try but you need a visitor visa. Do you have one?

manter

Jun 24, 2022
Coming to Canada as a visitor does not give you a path for applying for a work permit. This is not realistic. To qualify for a work permit, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA. This is a long and difficult process so you would want to complete it from outside of Canada before moving to Canada. If you happen to be a UK citizen, then there may be other options.

Otherwise there really aren't any suitable immigration programs for you right now since you don't have higher education or skilled work experience. You won't meet requirements and/or won't score enough points to complete against other applicants. You're competing against people who have Master's degrees and multiple years of skilled work experience.
I am an Indian citizen. I have worked full time in India at Amazon as a Customer Service Associate for 6 months. I have about 3 years of work experience in UK where I worked part time during university and full time during holidays. Will it count as skilled work experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am an Indian citizen. I have worked full time in India at Amazon as a Customer Service Associate for 6 months. I have about 3 years of work experience in UK where I worked part time during university and full time during holidays. Will it count as skilled work experience?
It depends on your duties. Customer services associates are sometimes classified as NOC C roles (meaning they do not meet the criteria of being skilled).

Most likely this doesn't help you anyway. To qualify for most immigration programs, you need to have one year of full time work experience in a single NOC (occupation) and that work experience has to be continuous. You should focus on finding a new skilled job and then work in that job continuously for one year full time. You also need to complete further education if you want a shot at immigrating to Canada. It's not going to happen with your current profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Most customer service jobs are NOC C so no. You match your responsibilities to the NOC so you need to figure that out.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My agent says I can get a visitor visa in 2-3 months. You think I should come on a visitor visa and try my luck?
To get a visitor visa, you need to show funds, travel history, strong ties to home country, and reason to visit. Your agent is wrong and it takes more than 2-3 months. Hope you haven’t given the agent money.

manter

Jun 24, 2022
To get a visitor visa, you need to show funds, travel history, strong ties to home country, and reason to visit. Your agent is wrong and it takes more than 2-3 months. Hope you haven’t given the agent money.
Showing funds is not a problem. If I mention that I'm coming as a tourist would that be a problem when I apply for work permit?
I have not given him any money, he's a family friend. I've been trying to move to Canada for a year. Is it worth a shot to try my chances on a visitor visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Showing funds is not a problem. If I mention that I'm coming as a tourist would that be a problem when I apply for work permit?
I have not given him any money, he's a family friend. I've been trying to move to Canada for a year. Is it worth a shot to try my chances on a visitor visa?
You can try for a visitor visa. How much in funds can you show? What are your ties - job with leave letter?

manter

Jun 24, 2022
I can show around 15-20,000 CAD in funds. My whole family lives in India and I have lived here for 20 years. I have a leaving letter from my job in UK its called a P45.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can show around 15-20,000 CAD in funds. My whole family lives in India and I have lived here for 20 years. I have a leaving letter from my job in UK its called a P45.
So what are your ties? You need to show that you have a job in India with approved leave to visit Canada? A leaving letter doesn’t show ties to return to India? Family ties are a spouse & children.

manter

Jun 24, 2022
So what are your ties? You need to show that you have a job in India with approved leave to visit Canada? A leaving letter doesn’t show ties to return to India? Family ties are a spouse & children.
I don't have a job in India. My last job was in UK back in June last year which I had to leave as my visa was expiring. I am not married, no kids either. Are parents or siblings considered as family ties?