+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best option for immigrating as PR for a doctor with family in Bangladesh?

Jul 24, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am a 40 years doctor living in Bangladesh. I just appeared for a Masters level exam and have work experience for three years in medical field. My spouse is a doctor as well having a bachelor degree. We are planning to apply for the immigration to Canada and got confused with the many options I can see in the immigration website. Could you please tell me what would be the best option available for us to apply for the immigration? How long the total process could take? And, what would be the requirement to stay in Canada if our application is approved. Thank you very much for your time.

TN89

May 7, 2020
Hey,
Having a bachelor degree in Medicine is considered professional degree so it equal to master. I would recommend Express entry program for immigration. First, how old is your spouse? It might be better if she applied as primary applicant in case she is younger. Second, you will need to take the Ielts exam to see your scores and figure out your total points. Regarding the processing time, it’s hard to tell due to the pandemic. And you can stay in Canada if your application is approved as a permanent resident

Reactions: nihut.chowdhury20
Jul 24, 2020
Hey,
Having a bachelor degree in Medicine is considered professional degree so it equal to master. I would recommend Express entry program for immigration. First, how old is your spouse? It might be better if she applied as primary applicant in case she is younger. Second, you will need to take the Ielts exam to see your scores and figure out your total points. Regarding the processing time, it’s hard to tell due to the pandemic. And you can stay in Canada if your application is approved as a permanent resident
Thank you for the response. We are both 40, so will not really make any difference in terms of age. With "Express entry program for immigration" did you mean the "Federal Skilled Worker Program"? There is a similar program available only for Quebec, which one is better in terms of better chance and flexibility - Quebec or Federal? Also, if the application is approved, my understanding is we have to land to Canada within a certain date and will be able to go back to Bangladesh if we want without hurting our PR status in Canada. Is this correct?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the response. We are both 40, so will not really make any difference in terms of age. With "Express entry program for immigration" did you mean the "Federal Skilled Worker Program"? There is a similar program available only for Quebec, which one is better in terms of better chance and flexibility - Quebec or Federal? Also, if the application is approved, my understanding is we have to land to Canada within a certain date and will be able to go back to Bangladesh if we want without hurting our PR status in Canada. Is this correct?
Are you fluent in French? If not, you no longer qualify for quebec.

Reactions: nihut.chowdhury20

TN89

May 7, 2020
For Quebec you need to be fluent in English. Try federal skilled worker. First, you need to to know your overall points and the cut point currently to know if you could receive an invitation. Try the calculate my point tool at the IRCC website. And yes you will have to land in certain timeframe and you can go back to your country without hurting the PR status. Keep in mind you need to stay in Canada for a certain period of time to qualify for citizenship. Regarding work in Canada, it’s tough for doctors as they offer limited numbers of seats for residency and Canadian grade usually take all of them. But, you still qualify to immigrate, just keep in mind you may end up working in other jobs

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
If your professional experience has been in medicine ONLY you will need to pass the boards to be able to apply to express entry.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Yes, No need to pass the board exam first. You only need to evaluate your degree through Medical Council of Canada instead of WES
I am talking about work experience also, the consideration for the NOC could be an issue, I got lucky because of being in the administrative side of medicine I had no issue with that.

And yes, WES won't do, MCC has to do it.