+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best neighborhoods in GTA

Nc31

May 10, 2017
You can decide what is important to you but I assume you not only want to live in a good area but a property that meets your needs and is in good condition. You have to remain a bit flexible if you are looking for a certain sized property within a certain budget in a tight rental market. Wouldn't narrow down your preferred location too much.
Based on what we have been seeing so far through the recommended property agent, I think we will be good. We are looking at 2 to 3 beds and just like what someone said that after budget you should add 50% incase.... We have list of properties from new to old and we plan to drive around to decide on what we want when we land.

Thank you @canuck78 you have been so helpful

Reactions: qureishi

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Based on what we have been seeing so far through the recommended property agent, I think we will be good. We are looking at 2 to 3 beds and just like what someone said that after budget you should add 50% incase.... We have list of properties from new to old and we plan to drive around to decide on what we want when we land.

Just wondering, any recommendations while looking out without credit history, job? I can get a bank statement for funds though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Most of the properties listed for rent now should be rented by the time you arrive in August. 2 bedroom should be easily attainable on your budget and but are less common if you are looking at houses. Lots of 2 bedroom condos. Most houses are 3 bedroom and most families are looking for 3 bedrooms because many family have 2 children so more competition for those properties.

Reactions: Nc31

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Just wondering, any recommendations while looking out without credit history, job? I can get a bank statement for funds though.
If you can pay up to 1 year i think you will be good. Try to get credit history from your home country and have someone who can stand in for you.

Just what I heard from someone who is staying in brampton. They did their landing in march

Reactions: Samoinp

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Most of the properties listed for rent now should be rented by the time you arrive in August. 2 bedroom should be easily attainable on your budget and but are less common if you are looking at houses. Lots of 2 bedroom condos. Most houses are 3 bedroom and most families are looking for 3 bedrooms because many family have 2 children so more competition for those properties.
Yes, you are right.
He still have some that will be available by August middle and ending. I will get myself ready for unknown

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
I really don't have anything doing in downtown toronto, only to visit. So 35 to 1 hour will be good
Out of curiosity, if you don't have any need to be close to downtown, then why live in Toronto at all? You could move an hour west to Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph, etc. and save a fortune on rent, with a much great community feel.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Even I am planning to land by July end or 1st week of August with spouse and 2 kids. My very close friend is based out of Oakville. She too advised that after lot of research they finalised Oakville.
Her Husband's job is in Toronto. Best points bout Oakville are:
1) Direct express train to Toronto that operates at late hours as well. ( Incase one gets late from work).
2) Good schools for kids
3) Friendly and calm neighbourhood

We too are in the deciding phase..so lets c.
Oakville is nice, but it's very far. The same trains that run to Oakville also service all the other towns along the route, including Mississauga, Etobicoke, etc. As mentioned earlier, not all schools are good in Oakville, and similarly, there are plenty of good (or better) schools in other areas. And finally, you'll find that virtually every suburb of Toronto is friendly and calm.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Out of curiosity, if you don't have any need to be close to downtown, then why live in Toronto at all? You could move an hour west to Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph, etc. and save a fortune on rent, with a much great community feel.
I will look in
I will check that, Haven't think of it. How good are they?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, you are right.
He still have some that will be available by August middle and ending. I will get myself ready for unknown
New properties should become available. Just make sure you are working with someone reputable who is not showing you only properties that he represents.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
New properties should become available. Just make sure you are working with someone reputable who is not showing you only properties that he represents.
Ok. Thanks again:D.

Another question:D, what do think about Guelph, just looking at it after @torontosm mentioned it. It looks good but again, 1 HR plus to toronto pearson airport and no much option in children's activities and college/university for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure Guelph is nice. Most Canadians cities are pretty nice. It is much smaller. There is also Kitchener-Waterloo which is a bit bigger and slightly further away. If you don't need to be in the GTA there is no point in paying the premium to live there.

Reactions: Nc31

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Sure Guelph is nice. Most Canadians cities are pretty nice. It is much smaller. There is also Kitchener-Waterloo which is a bit bigger and slightly further away. If you don't need to be in the GTA there is no point in paying the premium to live there.
Alright