+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Landing experience with precautions.

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Respective all Members,
Thank you for ur help , suggestions, guidelines ,provided during my last 6 months with this forum.
I resigned from mu UK job n left to india in the first week of oct. on oct 19th i travelled with Lufthansa from
Mumbai -Frankfurt-toronto -Winnipeg. try Akbartravelsonline.com for ur flight search .they have cheapest options available online.
got my ticket for just 33k.(as a frequent traveler ,i have used almost every website during my last 15 yrs of travel.but i found akbar travel more cheaper than others).but u can still explore other options if available.
Landed in Toronto with delayed flight.it was evening 4 :00.but wasnt too busy on immigration counter. at first counter ,once u tell them that u r there for immigration. they will direct u to special counter.(very friendly officers,very polite).
at second counter,which is only for new immigrants,Officer will ask u only for COPR, passport,landing form/custom form,( which airline staff gives u before landing.customs form is simple, fill it as asked including ur landing amount if exceeding CAD5000) and address where u r heading to.he will counter sign COPR n will return u copy.and he will warmly welcome you to Canada, "land of opportunities". at the end of a lane theres a counter for newly immigrants , where they hand u out some pamplets (guidlines to follow).
then move to the luggage belt, collect ur luggage,head for exit(custom clearence),show officer ur custom form,he will send u to special custom clearence counter. another friendly officer will welcome u .and will ask u to submit ur B4/B4A if u dont have good to follow list,he will be more than happy.(saves his time n efforts).in ur B4 form (Goods u carry along list).include everything that has value ,even if its too old.they dont check or compare the price.its just for them to put the figure in ur custom reciepts. now most important ,disclose all d monetary ,cash/dd/tc in any currency to the officer.he converts everything fairly into CAD(on calculator) n write the same in ur cutoms reciept.7/10 times he will ask u just to show d amount but not to count.For TC's n DD he will write random no. on that reciepts.so do carry ur settlement amount with u. dont spoil d party for a Baloon .try nto to carry any agricultural products ,pickles,sausage etc,,,becoz u have to declare them .and then u have to open all ur luggage to satisfy them .finally they throw it in garbage. and if u dont declare n they catch u,then, id ont know what they do to u?or what effect it will be on ur further course?.
after customs officer will welcome u ,one more time n guide u to exit..U r free to explore,,,
Whole procedure take less time than typing this story. hardly 45-60 minutes ,if there's a que of 5-6 passengers.
After this procedure, i took connecting flight to winnipeg,Manitoba.Had a good friend of mine to recieve me.so didnt had to worry for accomodation n all.next day went to Service canada for SIN no. took only 15 min. carry copr copy along.
go to the bank, preferbly which has more presence, easily accesible, with low monthly charges n more free transations,online facility. i chose CIBC. they r everyhere in winnipeg .very next day went to kijiji.ca for job search n gave my first interview on 5th day ,got first job on 10th day. in d meantime gave interview on every day.but took job resulted from 1st interview.as that was d earliest.didnt wait for choice.sooner d better.

On 6th day i went to manitoba health services, registered for Health services, got my card immidiately.except alberta n manitoba,,u have to wait 3 months for health card n health services.
on day 7 went to MPI (manitoba public insurance),registerd for driving licence,paid 20 $ (10 for written test n 10 for handbook).1 whole day spent in reading handbook,solved some quizes online at mpi.ca.next day went for driving test(writtene),passed,n got eligible to use my indian driving license for next 3 month,before 3 months have to give road test n thats it, i will get canadian driving license.road test costs 60 $.
NOTE- for license registration u need to provide 2 residential proofs,,1 ) ur health card 2)when bank account is opened ,bank will give u one VOID check with address n signature.. u can use that as a address proof. .3) PR card. but it takes 2 months atleast two delivered at ur address.

Jobs are easily available ,if ur harworking.u can search on kijiji.ca
Residences also available on kijiji.ca but most of the time asks for references.its always good to have them,friend,family,anyone...if not then landlords/agencies will ask for alternative options).
Thats it from my side,looking forward,as days passes ,will update from my side.
Thanks once again,

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
congrats buddy ... great explanation

might i ask:

1 - Is the job you found acc. to your qualification/desire or just a temp job?

teenwolf

Feb 27, 2012
can i ask some question regarding this thread, does the luggage that you have checked-in before departure, is that what you filled up on a B4/b4a form?

help me thaks in advance!!

profahmed

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
june2010
Med's Request
19th june 2012
Med's Done....
25th june2012
Interview........
waived
teenwolf said:
can i ask some question regarding this thread, does the luggage that you have checked-in before departure, is that what you filled up on a B4/b4a form?

help me thaks in advance!!

archanai44

Jan 13, 2016
Hi, can u share ur email id since i m planning to land in winnipeg, myself archana from mumbai & my email-id : archanai44@yahoo.co.in awaiting ur reply on my email-id regards archana