+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Format For Employer Reference letter !

H_kiani

Jul 25, 2014
Hey Guys,

I was in process of getting the employee reference letter from my employer. However, I could not find the proper format on cic website. I was wondering if you guys have the format for the employer reference letter ?!

Thanks.

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I don't think you need any specific format.

Just make surethat all the details required by CIC are in your reference letter.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Excerpts from the above link:

Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
H_kiani said:
Hey Guys,

I was in process of getting the employee reference letter from my employer. However, I could not find the proper format on cic website. I was wondering if you guys have the format for the employer reference letter ?!

Thanks.
My letter was in following format

Date

This letter is to conform that NAME is currently working in COMPANY as JOB TITLE at LOCATION from DATE

NOC:
JOB TITLE:

MAIN DUTIES:

WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is full time with 40-45 hours per week
Salary is $$
Benefits xxxxxxx

EDUCATION REQUIRENMENT:
Mininum of bachelor or diploma in xxxxxx

SKILLS:

fats paced
ms office
multitask etc.

RELEVENT WORK EXP:
1-2 year is strong asset but training provided with right education and person.

Contact for more information

SIGNATURE
HR NAME
ADDRESS
EMAIL
PHONE

salgshetty

Jun 2, 2017
Hello,

My employer is happy to issue a Reference Letter, but what they need is -
  • Addressee Information eg. Embassy Name
  • Address of Addressee eg. “United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), USA”

I asked them to mention The Canadian Immigration Council, Canada but they wouldn't agree.

Please can someone share Addressee Information and Address of Addressee ?

I could not find these on CIC site.

Regards,

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hello,

My employer is happy to issue a Reference Letter, but what they need is -
  • Address of Addressee eg. “United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), USA”
I asked them to mention The Canadian Immigration Council, Canada but they wouldn't agree.

Please can someone share Addressee Information and Address of Addressee ?

I could not find these on CIC site.

Regards,
It can be as :

"To Whom It May Concern"

Hope it helps!

salgshetty

Jun 2, 2017
Thanks. "To Whom It May Concern" is what i requested them to mention in the first place. But the employer insisted upon a name and address for which i suggested them to put The Canadian Immigration Council, Canada. Even this does not help. They came back asking me to provide -

Please suggest me a way out.

Regards,

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks. "To Whom It May Concern" is what i requested them to mention in the first place. But the employer insisted upon a name and address for which i suggested them to put The Canadian Immigration Council, Canada. Even this does not help. They came back asking me to provide -

Please suggest me a way out.

Regards,
1. Addressee: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

2. Address of Addressee: Ottawa, Canada

Good luck.

baharehunique

May 25, 2019
Hi Guys
I am preparing my work reference letter and I have a few question, I would be really thankful if anyone can help me.
1- In the part that our immediate manager says that do not hesitate to contact me at ..Email or Tell, should he give his direct telephone number and email address or he should mention the main company's contact info.?
2- I am a software developer, in the duties section, should I mention which languages I am programming with or it is not necessary to declare such details and it might be too much?
3- Does it have any problem to put my social security insurance number in my letter or not? is it better to mention it or not?