+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best city to live in canada

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
:) To all of u,

I am moving from USA ,which is best city to live in Canada, preferably in Ontario. What is best way to move from USA.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parkarasif said:

I am moving from USA ,which is best city to live in Canada, preferably in Ontario. What is best way to move from USA.
Depends what you are looking for? I would like to take the opportunity to ask you the same question, which city or state is the best to move to in USA, cause I am thinking of moving permanently after living here for many years here. Preferably looking for a place thats safe, less tax, comparatively less racism and discrimination, (large estate) house and property 2000 to 3000 sqft with reasonable price like under $200,000, less traffic and easily able to get a job related to IT, marketing or some management field.

R

rishabshanker

@ parkarasif

Some of the cities in Ontario which have high desi population are Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto areas like Scarborough, Markham etc. I mentioned Desi population because I saw asking for areas with desi crowd in another post. As a suggestion dont go to areas with Desi crowd when you land, you will get more negativity than support. You have lived in the US which is far away from the Indian Subcontinent (India,Pakistan,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) make a little more effort and try to make it on your own in Canada. The IT jobs in Toronto are all mostly centered around the financial services industry, if you have BFSI experience you will land a job soon. Be open to contracting rather than focussing only on permanent jobs. Lots of contract employment agencies are there in Toronto who will help you. some of them are Eagle, Procom, Randstadt, Ian Martin Group, etc If you have Oil & Gas industry experience then you will get good jobs in Calgary, Edmonton etc.

@newtone

You should be good in Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, anywhere in Texas. Low taxes, burning hot weather, redneck country..if you are ok with the weather and the rednecks you will get everything else you want in Texas!! :)

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rishabshanker

As far as the hot weather is concerned its definitely not as bad as some Middle East countries.
As far as rednecks are concerned there are plenty in Canada too. I don't know about the population of rednecks in Texas but there are plenty of Mexicans around so people are quite friendly, laid back and definitely less racism and discrimination.

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
And about quebec - montreal ???

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
R

rishabshanker

@ Cissino,

I havent personally lived in Montreal but have friends who have lived there. From what I have heard, its got a very european feel to it rather than north american. French is almost mandatory, which means you can manage with english but if you want to live there and have a social life then french is absolutely required. The city is a lot colder than Toronto. With regards to job prospects, if you know french you will get a job easily, almost all jobs require the candidate to be bilingual(eng & french). Cost of living is similar to Toronto. Hope this helps.

All the best & god bless
Rishab

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
Merci Rishab,

I'm algerien i'm perfect in french, my englis is well but not like french

Thank you very much
God bless you

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
parkarasif said:

hi , regarding best place to live , it is making me very confusing in terms of cost of living .

some people wrote , that a family of 2 adults and one child cost around 1500 per month , others are saying no , it is not true , the cost will be around 3000 .... i read many ideas on this site and i am really confused especialy that those people are living in the same areas like Calgary or brampton ... etc. actually what is scaring me , is i do not know whom shall i believe , it is risky , specially when u want to land and not to quit from canada again ... pls give me a real true idea ..... masters who are having experience pl advise. thanks

showdog

Jul 25, 2012
Hi,

I would also like to ask how and what is the status of everyday life, job, people in St. Catharines / Niagara Falls area? We're are seriously planning to live there and I would really appreciate if you can give me any feedback?

Thank you.