+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best City in the GTA to Live In for Newcomers with Small Families.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Toronto is the city and the rest of the cities are suburbs. Houses are older, smaller in general, there are more high-rises and better transportation within Toronto. Also in general more expensive per sq footage/lot size. There is more crime in the city but there are certain areas that have problems with gangs and drugs which leads to a good portion of the criminality. A good percentage of the GTA jobs are located in Toronto. It is similar to any large city where there is the centre which is the original city and the commercial centre and the suburban areas that have been built up slowly as the city grows. Suburbs have newer housing stock, not as many tall buildings and lots of planned communities. Need a car to feel comfortable if you live in the suburbs.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Burlington & Oakville have squeaky low crime rate & are very family friendly. It's perfect for raising children & has really good schools. The main issue is real estate pricing is off the roof.
Thank you so much, this is what I want to hear. Really not easy making decision more especially when children are involve

lkaur765

May 27, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
My suggestion - don't settle in GTA unless you have family or something else tying you to GTA. Settle in Ottawa region - the salaries are as high or higher than GTA and real estate and rent is much cheaper, plus quieter = quality of life should be much better.
Hi Methyl..thnks fr the update..but it would b great if you could highlight some more positive aspects of Ottawa....

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I would work in mississauga..I'm thinking of choosing between oakville / Burlington / etobicoke..elementary and middle school being the most important factor..of the 3, which one is better?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would work in mississauga..I'm thinking of choosing between oakville / Burlington / etobicoke..elementary and middle school being the most important factor..of the 3, which one is better?
They are all good although certain pockets are always better in each suburb. Your budget will likely influence your decision. Communities where the majority of homes are owned by the occupants tend to have the better school districts due to higher community involvement,

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
They are all good although certain pockets are always better in each suburb. Your budget will likely influence your decision. Communities where the majority of homes are owned by the occupants tend to have the better school districts.
I could spend around 1700 including utility for a 2 bedroom apartment. Since I live in one of the best suburb in Chicago, I wish I continue with a similar one with schools being most important along with other factors in a reasonable level

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your budget limits you to probably apartments maybe condo but availability will be deciding factors. Mississauga is probably where you'll end up because there are more apartments. Forgot you included Etobicoke. That is also probably an option.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Your budget limits you to probably apartments maybe condo but availability will be deciding factors. Mississauga is probably where you'll end up because there are more apartments. Forgot you included Etobicoke. That is also probably an option.
How is toronto in comparison with missisuaga?

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Howz schools in mississauga?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
These are big cities with tons of different areas and price points. Too hard to make general statements. You have to compare neighbourhoods.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
And etobicoke too..how are they? I know there are good places there..but how about schools?