+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best/cheapest doctor for medical in Toronto.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with doctors in Toronto? How much did it cost? I have to do my medical now and just wanted to find out people's thoughts.

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Francis Li is good ...near Pape station

But i would strongly recommend doctor based in Kitchener(1 hr from Toronto) ,they upload results in 2-3 days.

http://imemed.ca/IMEmed/Immigration_Medical_Examiners.html

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Digital_Tofu said:
Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with doctors in Toronto? How much did it cost? I have to do my medical now and just wanted to find out people's thoughts.
You know what mate? I did the cheapest in Vancouver and I regret it somehow! The cheapest is not the best option. My urine test came out unclear, and they made me to do it once more, they never told me what to do or not to do before the second test. The second test came out unclear as well and they uploaded the result anyway. After a month CIC asked for another urine test, by this time I have had done my studies on my own, drank a lot of water, didn't exercise, etc. and the test came out clear as crystal. Just think about how much money I spent for these tests alone, gas for car, not to mention the golden time I lost.

I heard some good doctors advise you on how to do the test, and will tell you the simple solutions like not to exercise a day before the exam, or drink a lot of water or even how to do the tests properly!

So please mate do yourself a favor, pay a little bit more and go to a caring doctor. Don't think about the money, the time it takes for them to upload the results, and so on! Just go for a caring doctor.

Best of luck.

toronto.111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would totally recommend Dr. Daniel Garrett in Kitchener.. Fast and Quality service.. One stop shop.. Good Luck Buddy!!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Group members ,

Do any one have idea about
- Toronto based doctor who is e medical enabled and have all facility including X-RAY done by same premises (I know many dr. but for x ray they send to some other location)
- Also Dr who upload Result quickly , I came to know from forum , some dr. upload result in 2 -3 weeks

Thanks in advance

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
I went to Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas at St. Clair and Avenue.
$250

With the blood test lab and x-ray lab in the same building.
He just check my blood presure and that's it. I am in and out his office in 5 minutes.. lol

E-medical uploaded in 4 days

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
cecfm said:
I went to Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas at St. Clair and Avenue.
$250

With the blood test lab and x-ray lab in the same building.
He just check my blood presure and that's it. I am in and out his office in 5 minutes.. lol

E-medical uploaded in 4 days
How can you see if it has been uploaded? Using your UCI on the CIC website?

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are all the doctors in Toronto on their list "eMedical" enabled? The form cic emailed me saying that if the doctor listed a over has "eMedical" enabled, passport photos are not required.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
funmax6 said:
I went to Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas. Not cheap but reliable per my experience.
Did they submit the medical quickly? Was it sent electronically do you know?

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
I have done my medical on Jul 14. I emailed them the following week to ask if my result was uploaded . They replied my results were uploaded on Jul 17. My guess is once they have the lab results, they will upload it within 1-2 days.
hope my info is helpful

Onemoretime said:
How can you see if it has been uploaded? Using your UCI on the CIC website?

cecfm

Jun 6, 2014
BTW I have also asked Elizabeth Chiu at Sheppard / Bayview.
she charges $200. But I didnt go as the location is not convenient to me
so I am not sure if she has x-ray & blood test on site

While I was working in Fort McMurray in Alberta, the only medical doctor in town is charging $400, Blood test and x-ray extra, $100 each.. so total would be $600
So I waited for a month after I got MR and return to Toronto on Vacation to do the medical LOL

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecfm said:
I have done my medical on Jul 14. I emailed them the following week to ask if my result was uploaded . They replied my results were uploaded on Jul 17. My guess is once they have the lab results, they will upload it within 1-2 days.
hope my info is helpful
Thanks for the info. It is a little bit of a hassle for me to get to that doctor, and it seems expensive for a checkup, but I guess I want someone who is reputable as well. Might arrange a booking with your doc. Does OHIP cover the medical at all?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Digital_Tofu said:
Thanks for the info. It is a little bit of a hassle for me to get to that doctor, and it seems expensive for a checkup, but I guess I want someone who is reputable as well. Might arrange a booking with your doc. Does OHIP cover the medical at all?
No unfortunately OHIP don't cover this