+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best book for IELTS preparation

urchandu

Jun 7, 2010
Hi All ,

Plese excuse me if the question I am asking is already been asked and is redundant . I am seeking advice from all of you , to find out which books are considered to be the best for preparation of IELTS . I am thinking about the book Cambridge IELTS 7 Self study pack .

Thanks,
Chandu

jyr_bty

Jul 1, 2010
U.A.E.
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2009
Med's Request
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
I've done IELTS through my own initiative as I was having a demanding job. I advise this only if you have limited time, you want to do the review on your own. These are the books and how I used it:

I bought a material Action Plan for IELTS by Cambridge. Choose your material, General Training Module or Academic Training Module, included is the CD for your listening and speaking test. This will give you a concrete idea what you will be dealing with in a shorter period.

You will buy also the Practice test of IELTS by Cambridge. Recently, there are now 7 books. As you accomplish studying Action Plan for IELTS, then do the 7 books by constantly answering those practice tests. Do this everyday and evaluate your progress. For your speaking tests, you should anticipate the categories of questions and try to respond those questions yourselves.

I made a mistake on my approach before. I did the practice test first but later I come across on the Action Plan for IELTS. I go through this and in shorter time I was able to understand what I am dealing with.

Hope this suggestion will help you.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cambridge books are great for practice. You can't go wrong with them. Actual test is a bit easier. It has been my personal experience so far after taking Academic module twice and scoring overall band 7 both times.

heyatafroz

Jun 4, 2013
Hello All,

I am planning to give IELTS, can anyone here tell me which module I need to study, as I would be planning to study in canada. General Training Module or Academic Training Module. As I am totally unaware of what to start with. Please help.

Will be waiting for kind responses on this................

Regards,
Heyat

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
heyatafroz said:
Hello All,

I am planning to give IELTS, can anyone here tell me which module I need to study, as I would be planning to study in canada. General Training Module or Academic Training Module. As I am totally unaware of what to start with. Please help.

Will be waiting for kind responses on this................

Regards,
Heyat
Check specific university requirements where you want to study.