+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best bank to have a Savings Account

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017
Think that's the best way - i do the same with Scotiabank and Tangerine.
Am maintaining minimum balance in Scotiabank chequing account and using Tagerine's free account for regular transactions. Shopped around a bit for credit card, found Scotiabank offered the highest credit limit, so went with them.
I felt scotiabank's minimum balance requirement was a lot higher compared to TD bank's.
When you do interac transfers using Tangerine, are you paying a fee? I am looking to go for Simplii as the interac transfers are free.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Think that's the best way - i do the same with Scotiabank and Tangerine.
Am maintaining minimum balance in Scotiabank chequing account and using Tagerine's free account for regular transactions. Shopped around a bit for credit card, found Scotiabank offered the highest credit limit, so went with them.
Also, were you able to open account with Tangerine just after landing or you had to wait for few months/years?

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Try ICICI bank.. They give 1.35 % all time for saving account. No minimum balance required ..

Tbone27

Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FSW
VISA ISSUED...
03 - 07 -2017
LANDED..........
14 - 10 - 2017
I felt scotiabank's minimum balance requirement was a lot higher compared to TD bank's.
When you do interac transfers using Tangerine, are you paying a fee? I am looking to go for Simplii as the interac transfers are free.
Yea i pay $1 for each Interac transfer. I think the marginally higher interest rates on the chequing account for Tangerine make up for Interac transfer fee. Plus, they offered a $100 bonus on pre-authorized payments, so went with them.

theguyraghav

Jul 19, 2017
Yea i pay $1 for each Interac transfer. I think the marginally higher interest rates on the chequing account for Tangerine make up for Interac transfer fee. Plus, they offered a $100 bonus on pre-authorized payments, so went with them.
thanks, appreciate it.