+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best available immigration options

monaf9

Mar 30, 2017
Dear All,

I need your advice and directions on my case

I'm currently in Canada since 14 days on a visit visa.

I'm originally stationed in UAE (United Arab Emirates) Dubai and have residency there.

I was supposed to return back on 23rd March on Emirates airline however they did not allow me to on-board as UAE government decided not to take back/allow any expat to enter therefore I'm stuck here in Canada

I want to ask what are the best available immigration options especially I cannot return back to Dubai

Kindly guide me what to do

Best regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,

I need your advice and directions on my case

I'm currently in Canada since 14 days on a visit visa.

I'm originally stationed in UAE (United Arab Emirates) Dubai and have residency there.

I was supposed to return back on 23rd March on Emirates airline however they did not allow me to on-board as UAE government decided not to take back/allow any expat to enter therefore I'm stuck here in Canada

I want to ask what are the best available immigration options especially I cannot return back to Dubai

Kindly guide me what to do

Best regards,
Canada has a number of economic immigration options that you will need to research to determine if you qualify and have a good chance of being selected. The fact you are unable to return to the UAE does not give you additional options for immigrating and has nothing to do with qualifying to immigrate.

Recommend you start by researching the Express Entry program. This is a points based program where those with the most points based on age, education, work experience and other factors are selected for permanent residency. You will need to calculate how many points you have to determine if you have a chance of being selected. Right now you need 467+ points to be chosen. Details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Note that you will need to complete an English language test to be eligible to apply. I believe all test centres have been closed due to COVID-19 so you will have to wait until after this situation passes before you will be able to qualify to apply.

Again, there is no immigration option available just because of COVID-19. For now you should just apply to extend your visitor status if it is running out and you cannot leave. Sooner or later the situation will resolve itself and you will be able to leave and return to the UAE. Qualifying to immigrate has nothing to do with this situation.

monaf9

Mar 30, 2017
Dear Scylla,

Thanks for your quick reply and appreciate your feedback in regards to my case. The same is well noted and shall explore the given link and do the self-assessment to check the overall score for this program.

With my best regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Scylla,

Thanks for your quick reply and appreciate your feedback in regards to my case. The same is well noted and shall explore the given link and do the self-assessment to check the overall score for this program.

With my best regards,
You should also be considering returning to your home country. Getting PR I’m Canada is a 6+ months process if you have already done the tests and gathered information beforehand.

monaf9

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Can
You should also be considering returning to your home country. Getting PR I’m Canada is a 6+ months process if you have already done the tests and gathered information beforehand.
I wish I could return back at least to be with my family. Indeed my flight was on 23rd Mar and I was not allowed to on-board since the country of residence was only allowing the local national to return and all expatriates even they hold valid residency were not allowed to go back. So simply I'm stuck here until further notice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Can

I wish I could return back at least to be with my family. Indeed my flight was on 23rd Mar and I was not allowed to on-board since the country of residence was only allowing the local national to return and all expatriates even they hold valid residency were not allowed to go back. So simply I'm stuck here until further notice
You were asking to return to a country where you have temporary residence. You should return to your country of citizenship or wait in Canada. It could take numerous months.