Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
My parents just received our 72 photos and some other stuff, accompanied by a letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The immigration section is returning the enclosed documents.

- photographs,
-letters and postcards,
-telephone bills.

At this time, these documents are not required for the continued processing of your file.

Yours sincerely

Immigration Section

(This letter is valid without signature)

Gave my parents a nice scare, they don't understand much English and thought my PR was denied. ???
I guess Berlin is just weird in that way, Marco2011 received all his stuff back too a few weeks ago. I take it as a good sign and assume Berlin is convinced that our relationship is genuine. :)
I am not sure why my parents received this, but their address (my last official address before I came to Canada as a tourist) does show up in my application because I was called by the CIC officier who was processing the sponsorship request. He said I needed my Dutch address in order to be allowed to be processed in Berlin so I supplied it. Since my parents still live there, I don't think it will be much of a problem even if they continue to mail me there.

I told my folks to enjoy the 72 nice Kodak photos! ;D

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Yes, that's definitely a good sign. I think it's common for Berlin to send the stuff back once there done with that part. I didn't get anything back, because we didn't send any originals. I printed the pictures on normal paper and only printed of emails and other proof.

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Indigo said:
My parents just received our 72 photos and some other stuff, accompanied by a letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

- photographs,
-letters and postcards,
-telephone bills.

At this time, these documents are not required for the continued processing of your file.

Yours sincerely

Immigration Section

Gave my parents a nice scare, they don't understand much English and thought my PR was denied. ???
I guess Berlin is just weird in that way, Marco2011 received all his stuff back too a few weeks ago. I take it as a good sign and assume Berlin is convinced that our relationship is genuine. :)
I am not sure why my parents received this, but their address (my last official address before I came to Canada as a tourist) does show up in my application because I was called by the CIC officier who was processing the sponsorship request. He said I needed my Dutch address in order to be allowed to be processed in Berlin so I supplied it. Since my parents still live there, I don't think it will be much of a problem even if they continue to mail me there.

Yes, I would definitely take that as a good sign. We didn't get anything back either, because we didn't send any originals except envelopes! :p

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
That might be the reason why they sent the pictures: They were actual Kodak prints because I thought it would leave a better impression if we went through the trouble to professionally print them. It wasn't even as expensive as i thought: $22 or something.
Very friendly of them to return the photos. I think my parents appreciate it! ;D

mel_n

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
13-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
Mid-July 2012
We'll be joining you guys soon, got approval today!

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
mel_n said:
We'll be joining you guys soon, got approval today!
Congrats!

Bluesteam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Langley
Visa Office......
Berlin
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Indigo said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

- photographs,
-letters and postcards,
-telephone bills.

Yours sincerely

Immigration Section

Joo... that sounds like good news Indigo. We also got all our Fotos & Letters back.. (got a terrible shock when I saw that big brown envelope in the letter box :eek: :p), anyway shortly after that we got the COPR ;D, also in a big brown envelope, .. so think its looking good for you guys too .. ;)

Jan 14, 2012
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this site, although I have been shadowing it for a while.

I wanted to share my wife and my experience with PR which hopefully can be of some help to other members.

First off my wife and dutch and I'm a canadian citizen.

As is the case with many multinational marriages I'm sure, the time line of how the immigration procedure would work was very much on our mind right from the beginning. There is nothing more scary that the thought of not being able to be with the person that you love for an extended period of time.

My wife and I were married at the end of August last year (2011). We had originally planned to apply inland however after reading about other peoples experiences with the Berlin office, we decided that an outland application in this case might be the best bet - although the 9 months estimated processing time on the Canada immigration website doesn't inspire confidence.

We sent everything off within two weeks after the wedding (approximately september 15). Around the end of the november, I received a letter in the mail to say that I had been approved as the sponsor.

At the end of the december, I checked our application status and discovered that it had changed from in process to "decision made". We hoped for the best but there are always some doubts.

Finally last week, the letter arrived and she is approved. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. I am so thrilled that the embassy was able to work that fast. Start to finish berlin seems to have completed everything in 3-4 weeks.

Anyway I hope that our experience will help

Rob

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
Robinoflocksley said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this site, although I have been shadowing it for a while.
Hi & welcome! :)

I wanted to share my wife (...)
LOL, I'm sure you didn't mean what I'm reading here! ;D

(...)and my experience with PR which hopefully can be of some help to other members.

First off my wife and dutch and I'm a canadian citizen.

As is the case with many multinational marriages I'm sure, the time line of how the immigration procedure would work was very much on our mind right from the beginning. There is nothing more scary that the thought of not being able to be with the person that you love for an extended period of time.

My wife and I were married at the end of August last year (2011). We had originally planned to apply inland however after reading about other peoples experiences with the Berlin office, we decided that an outland application in this case might be the best bet (...)
A good decision. In most cases, outland is (much) faster than inland, and this is certainly true for cases going through Berlin.

- although the 9 months estimated processing time on the Canada immigration website doesn't inspire confidence.
This is a misconception: It's not an estimated processing time, nor is it an average processing time. It's the time Berlin needs to process 80% of files. So the average applicant can count on a faster timeline, especially if you got a straightforward case.

We sent everything off within two weeks after the wedding (approximately september 15).
Respect, you guys are good!
Took us 3½ months to send it off, but mostly because we were misinformed about us having to wait 10 weeks before we could apply for our marriage certificate, because it takes that long to register the marriage. It does not, our marriage was registered less than 2 weeks after it took place, which we didn't find out until we finally received the certificate. So if you send the application off rightaway it will be processed soon after registration of the marriage. Waisted 2½ months... aw well, what's done is done.

Around the end of the november, I received a letter in the mail to say that I had been approved as the sponsor.

At the end of the december, I checked our application status and discovered that it had changed from in process to "decision made". We hoped for the best but there are always some doubts.

Finally last week, the letter arrived and she is approved. It was one of the happiest moments in my life. I am so thrilled that the embassy was able to work that fast. Start to finish berlin seems to have completed everything in 3-4 weeks.

Anyway I hope that our experience will help

Rob
Congratulations and thanks for sharing! When will your wife be landing, and where will that event take place?

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks!

We finished the PR application before the wedding with lots of time to check it over for any errors. We spent countless hours checking everything so that nothing was left to chance. As we were married in the Netherlands, we had the good fortune of them being able to provide the marriage certificate almost immediately (although sadly not everything else was quite as easy with the officialdom of marriage there).

My wife will be landing this weekend in Calgary! She lived here with me before as a visitor but this will still be a very special moment as it will be the end of all our worries (about this matter anyway lol ).

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
Medical: 26-08-2011
App sent: 21-09-2011
App received: 22-09-2011
Request visitor extension submitted: 24-11-2011
Phonecall to sponsor from CIC: 25-11-2011
Sponsorship approval: 25-11-2011
Request visitor visa granted: 11-01-2012

I forgot to tell you guys that I requested a visitor visa extension on November 24, because my 6 month visitor stamp in my passport would expire December 26 (I re-entered the country after our honeymoon on June 26, therefor).
I was informed that it would take at least 4 months for them to make a decision about this visitor extension if I sent it by mail, and meanwhile I would be on implied status. So I did that, in case I got a rejection I would at least win a few months.
So I was very surprised when I received a letter today, dated January 11. Fortunately they granted my request! I had taken the liberty to ask them for a 1 year extension (assuming I wouldn't need a year, but just in case), and I got it too! I am officially allowed to stay here as a visitor until January 11, 2013! Very generous!
I am happy about this! ;D

I do hope that the next thing I hear from them is a PPR! ;)

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
(copy from the September 2011 topic, where I also posted this message)

You are not gonna believe this...

This morning I had a knock on the door from Canada Post. The delivery man was standing there with a Canada Immigration envelope from Berlin..! So I thought this could be my PPR or a request for additional docs. I very quickly signed for delivery and thanked the mailman.
I opened the envelope...

And was looking at what I thought was the PPR!

It wasn't until I at down later to read what exactly I was required to do next that I realized I wasn't looking at a PPR at all...

I was looking...

at...

my COPR!!!

I'll probably land tomorrow by driving to the border at Niagara, then probably take a day trip to the US first, then turning around and landing.
It is not a problem to land during the weekend, is it? No office hours only rule?

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Congratulations!!

So happy for you and hoping to follow soon!

I'm pretty sure you can land on weekends.

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
Indigo said:
(copy from the September 2011 topic, where I also posted this message)

You are not gonna believe this...

This morning I had a knock on the door from Canada Post. The delivery man was standing there with a Canada Immigration envelope from Berlin..! So I thought this could be my PPR or a request for additional docs. I very quickly signed for delivery and thanked the mailman.
I opened the envelope...

And was looking at what I thought was the PPR!

It wasn't until I at down later to read what exactly I was required to do next that I realized I wasn't looking at a PPR at all...

I was looking...

at...

my COPR!!!

I'll probably land tomorrow by driving to the border at Niagara, then probably take a day trip to the US first, then turning around and landing.
It is not a problem to land during the weekend, is it? No office hours only rule?
You can definitely land on weekends! Congrats!!!!!! Yay! :)

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
My total timeline:
3 months, 4 weeks, 2 days, from the moment I submitted the application to the moment I had my COPR in hand!
Most of that time was spent in Mississauga for sponsorship approval.

Crazy! ;D