Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
Wow congrats sidkrose! I can only hope our process will go as fast. It's been 3 months since I've seen my partner and I'm starting to go a little bonkers over here.
My timeline now is:
App sent: 02-09-2011
App recieved: 06-09-2011
AOR: 15-11-2011 (from CIC Mississauga)
in the email they sent me it stated: "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."
When will I know if Berlin has recieved my application?
Ahh fingers crossed!

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
sharifah14 said:
Wow congrats sidkrose! I can only hope our process will go as fast. It's been 3 months since I've seen my partner and I'm starting to go a little bonkers over here.
My timeline now is:
App sent: 02-09-2011
App recieved: 06-09-2011
AOR: 15-11-2011 (from CIC Mississauga)
in the email they sent me it stated: "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."
When will I know if Berlin has recieved my application?
Ahh fingers crossed!

Just to let you know, that's not AOR, that's sponsorship approval. You should be able to check ecas soon, that's how I knew it was in Berlin. They won't send you AOR for a little while after sponsorship approval. As you can see from our timeline, we got it a few weeks after sponsorship approval.

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Hi everyone, Hi sidkrose,

did you see "in process" when logging into ecas, after receiving AOR from Berlin? When I log in, there is still no change, still the same "application received".

mel_n

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
13-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
Mid-July 2012
Hi all.

My husband and I sent our application on the 01st of November, however it was received on the 3rd.

We're a bit afraid that our application may take longer than most, since my husband is not German or Dutch, but Venezuelan (we've lived in The Netherlands for over 3 years). He could get his police clearance here and submitted it, but CIC says they have to ask for police clearance in Venezuela. Hopefully this doesn't take long (he has no record and in Venezuela has always lived in the same city).

Also, we noticed two mistakes in our application. (1) He forgot to sign the middle "declaration" (that he has no children, though he did fill out Not Applicable in the empty boxes and sign at the bottom) in the IMM5406 (additional family information) and (2) since I had filled out one form while I was still employed, I had ticked the employed box on one form, yet everything else I've submitted explains I had recently stopped working.

When we initially caught the first mistake, we rushed to the mail office to see if we could change forms... but we missed the pick-up van by literally 5 minutes. So we sent it anyway, along with faxes explaining the situation, identifying ourselves and it arrived a day later. For the second one we followed a similar procedure. When we spoke to someone over the phone at CIC they chewed us out for it, so I'm guessing we wasted money and paper, will probably have to wait for them to contact us and I hope they don't send our application back.

Anyways:

App. Filed 03/11/2011

PS: It is also worth noting I was born in Canada to Venezuelan parents and grew up most of my life in Venezuela. So I think our case is a bit odd... hopefully its odd as in "interesting to capture the attention of the staff to resolve quickly"

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
waikiki said:
Hi everyone, Hi sidkrose,

did you see "in process" when logging into ecas, after receiving AOR from Berlin? When I log in, there is still no change, still the same "application received".
Hi :)

We never saw "in process" on ecas. The only updates we got were 1) when we were able to log in a little while after sponsorship approval 2) when it updated to medical received shortly after that 3) when it said decision made the day my partner got his passport back.

Marco2011

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
waikiki said:
Medicals have been received! Could that mean that PPR will come soon?
Medical have been recieved doesnt mean much.
i have that status more than a month now, it would be more intresting when you had a AOR by email or letter.

Normal it would not take long after AOR before they do a PPR.

Some people are lucky, and dont get a AOR before a PPR.
I think Berlin gives you a AOR first.

Good luck

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
So, I also got an confirmation email from Berlin, but only saying when my application arrived in Mississauga. Now I (Applicant) have my own Client ID and when I log on with my name, I see my address. But I don't have a medicals received yet.

Marco2011

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
Elizabeth Joe said:
So, I also got an confirmation email from Berlin, but only saying when my application arrived in Mississauga. Now I (Applicant) have my own Client ID and when I log on with my name, I see my address. But I don't have a medicals received yet.
Did you send your medical with the application?
My medical received status on ecas showed up, 1 week after my wife got aproved.

Dont relay to much on ecas :-X

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Marco2011 said:
Medical have been recieved doesnt mean much.
i have that status more than a month now, it would be more intresting when you had a AOR by email or letter.

Normal it would not take long after AOR before they do a PPR.

Some people are lucky, and dont get a AOR before a PPR.
I think Berlin gives you a AOR first.

Good luck
Hi Marco,

yes, we received AOR about 1 week ago by email. And since today, I can see that medicals have been received. Do you guys think that they will be working next week? Because of x-mas.
[/quote]

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Elizabeth Joe said:
THis is your Aor I guess.

Marco2011

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
Elizabeth Joe said:
I dont understand what you saying here!

1* Your spouse (sponsor) got his CIC number when he got aproved for sponsor right?
With that number you can see 2 fields, Leftside: is for the sponsor and Rightside: for the applicant.

2* Then you tell me, that you get a email from Berlin what states that your application went to mississauga?
And you got your own CIC number?? That doesnt make sense to me??

Why did you get a email from Berlin that your application was recieved in mississauga?

Did you ever look into ecas with the CIC number from your spouse?
And what is showing there?

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Hi MArco, it does make sense.
My husband also received his own UCI number when AOR came. In the sponsorship approval letter from CIC, only me, the sponsor, got a UCI number-that´s why I guess that Elizabeth got her AOR from Berlin.
In my husband´s AOR letter, they confirm the date Mississauga received the application. They don´t tell you when the VO received the application. That´s why I was confused in the beginning. I didn´t know, if that email was from Berlin or CIC. But it is definitely from Berlin.

Elizabeth Joe

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
this is the email:

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/09/15.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Leipziger Platz 17
10117 Berlin
Germany
www.germany.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

I got a seperate Client ID and on ecas it only shows my address and application received on September 15th

when I log on with my husbands details, it shows also the sponsorship part and his address.