+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Belize born

belizeborn

Sep 5, 2010
Hi,
I am a belizean female, married to canadian with one child(with canadian citizenship)my husband bought a home in canada recently. I would like to attend college in canada, i have been accepted at one college in Brandon. However, i am very confused at how to go about applying for residency. Do i have to be in canada before applying for residency or do i apply in Belize? I do currently have a 5 years visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have a 5 year multiple entry visit visa? You can use that to go back and forth but it will not allow you to work or go to college. If you want to go to college, you need a student visa. However, on a student visa, your tuition fees will be much higher than if you wait until you are PR.

To apply for the PR, you and your husband have to fill out the papers together. You can apply either while you are in Belize or after you come to Canada. You would send the paperwork to Mississauga, they approve your husband as your sponsor and then they send your file to Guatemala City where it takes around 10 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west