+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

Anna&hamada

Jul 7, 2017
Hello everyone i just had some questions first hope everyone is doing well!
My sister and I applied for spouses sponsorship application in December 2015 and waited a while for a response and all we got was "please wait patiently" so we did and in May 2016 while on vacation in Lebanon to visit our husband they got called for an interview and informed us that they had misplaced our files.. so they did attend the interviews which were scheduled on the same day, and during the interview they said they would speed up the processing time due to the fact that they had misplaced them... now on July 7th 2017 they had an interview again both my husband and my brother in law were on the same day and now about a week later I had checked online and my sponsorship application status and permanent resident status say "Decision Made" and my sister sponsorship application status says "Decision Made" but the permanent residence application says "in process"
Are these a bad thing or good?

Thank you all for your taking the time to read this and any reply would help thank you!

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hello everyone i just had some questions first hope everyone is doing well!
My sister and I applied for spouses sponsorship application in December 2015 and waited a while for a response and all we got was "please wait patiently" so we did and in May 2016 while on vacation in Lebanon to visit our husband they got called for an interview and informed us that they had misplaced our files.. so they did attend the interviews which were scheduled on the same day, and during the interview they said they would speed up the processing time due to the fact that they had misplaced them... now on July 7th 2017 they had an interview again both my husband and my brother in law were on the same day and now about a week later I had checked online and my sponsorship application status and permanent resident status say "Decision Made" and my sister sponsorship application status says "Decision Made" but the permanent residence application says "in process"
Are these a bad thing or good?

Thank you all for your taking the time to read this and any reply would help thank you!
Hi Anna,
In the second interview that your husband and brother in law had, did they ask questions related to security?
As far as I know, the first interview is for eligibility to make sure the spousal relationship is genuine. Only in case there are concerns regarding security or if after the first interview they have a new concern about the relationship, they request a second interview. In your case, it could be because the spousal sponsorship process has changed since December 2016. So, it may be the normal process and they are doing that to speed up your application so don't worry much about that.
When the status of permanent residence changes to decision made, there is a 50/50 chance that they will approve the application or reject it. So in your case, you just need to wait for an email from the visa office telling you about their decision. Stay positive. Until now, you can't say it is good or bad. Just be patient and I hope everything is fine.
As for your sister, the process is not finished and apparently she has to wait a bit more for their decision.
You may want to contact your Member of Parliament if they don't send you an email about the decision within a week.

Good luck to both of you and inshallah you reunite with your spouses soon in Canada.

Anna&hamada

Jul 7, 2017
Hi Anna,
In the second interview that your husband and brother in law had, did they ask questions related to security?
As far as I know, the first interview is for eligibility to make sure the spousal relationship is genuine. Only in case there are concerns regarding security or if after the first interview they have a new concern about the relationship, they request a second interview. In your case, it could be because the spousal sponsorship process has changed since December 2016. So, it may be the normal process and they are doing that to speed up your application so don't worry much about that.
When the status of permanent residence changes to decision made, there is a 50/50 chance that they will approve the application or reject it. So in your case, you just need to wait for an email from the visa office telling you about their decision. Stay positive. Until now, you can't say it is good or bad. Just be patient and I hope everything is fine.
As for your sister, the process is not finished and apparently she has to wait a bit more for their decision.
You may want to contact your Member of Parliament if they don't send you an email about the decision within a week.

Good luck to both of you and inshallah you reunite with your spouses soon in Canada.
Hello Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast!! In the interview they did not actually ask any security questions they asked more personal questions, I understand that they need to ask questions but they were really personal!!
Once again Thank you so much for all your help, time and for caring we really appreciate it!!

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Hi I_miss_him, I have similar time line to yours. My husband's notes showing 19(1) and 15(1) under security. We are waiting 12 months already. And the space getting bigger in security section. Can you tell me how long you waited after you saw 19(1) ? I know you have asked Eagel 333 about it. Thank you

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hi I_miss_him, I have similar time line to yours. My husband's notes showing 19(1) and 15(1) under security. We are waiting 12 months already. And the space getting bigger in security section. Can you tell me how long you waited after you saw 19(1) ? I know you have asked Eagel 333 about it. Thank you
Hi manitobagirl,
I noticed that the code changed to 19(1) sometime in February and my husband got his passport request in June. You can say roughly 4 months. My husband's security check took exactly 12 months.

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
hey guys I got an email from Canadian embassy in Beirut requesting my wife passport to stamp the visa :) We applied on March 29 2017 and 4 month later she is approved hope you guys get yours very soon.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
hey guys I got an email from Canadian embassy in Beirut requesting my wife passport to stamp the visa :) We applied on March 29 2017 and 4 month later she is approved hope you guys get yours very soon.
Congratulations!
Yes most females from Lebanon get the visa within 4 to 8 months maximum.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Congratulations!
Yes most females from Lebanon get the visa within 4 to 8 months maximum.
Wives have no problems to get PR, it's the husbands get troubles.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hi everyone,

I just received my GCMS notes and I am not really impressed with the work that has been done on my wife's file.

Eligibility Assessment: 1 <-----------what is this

security/criminality: Not started

Medical passed

Application Assignment:
Assigned to: KZ***
Due Date: 2017/09/29

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hi everyone,

I just received my GCMS notes and I am not really impressed with the work that has been done on my wife's file.

Medical passed

Application Assignment:

Hi Mikey,

The 1 next to Eligibility Assessment means that the eligibility assessment is required (In contrary, 0 on GCMS notes means the assessment is not required). This basically refers to the checks they conduct to proof your relationship is genuine. An officer had some concerns about your relationship and recommend to make an interview with your wife to determine whether your relationship is real or fake. If they prove it is genuine, you pass eligibility, otherwise, you fail it and the application will be rejected.

Security and Criminality checks are part of the Background check. It does not start until you pass eligibility. Your wife should expect an email from IRCC in the near future asking her for an interview for eligibility assessment. Once she passes the eligibility check, the status of the security/criminality will change to started

Medical passed. This you already know about it.

Application Assignment:

Currently your application is with an officer whose name code starts with KZ..

This officer may keep your application until 2017/09/29 to review it. Officer KZ has the right to decide whether your relationship really requires that you do an interview or not. If he/she thinks that an interview is not necessary, he/she may change the status of eligibility to pass immediately. Otherwise, he/she will send an email to your wife to request an interview. 2017/09/29 is just a due date. The officer may act much earlier.

Good luck

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016