Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
mooon_23 said:
The Canadian Embassy in the middle east (lebanon and jordan) has put all applications on hold until they finish bringing the syrian refugees as promised. The files were closed until they sort things out. They should reopen then by march.
How do you know this? it sucks!!

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
mooon_23 said:
The Canadian Embassy in the middle east (lebanon and jordan) has put all applications on hold until they finish bringing the syrian refugees as promised. The files were closed until they sort things out. They should reopen then by march.
How about
Iloverawia who got a PPR request on Jan 26th??

waiting4him

Jan 26, 2016
mooon_23 said:
What is the source of this information? Is this mentioned in the news? or in the immigration website?
From what I know, people are assuming that this is the case, but I highly doubt that immigration will do so.

In the past 3 weeks, three people who write in this forum got an email from Beirut visa/immigration office.
- Iloverawia: received a request for passport
- sweetstrawberry: received a request for interview
- akcec: received a request for interview

This means that Beirut visa/immigration office is actively working on applications.

Iloverawia

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
I am Iloverawia,

My wife recieved her visa and she is on her way to me.

Dont worry about "moon" comment. There trying to scare everyone with misleading information..

Continue waiting ppl, dont let anyone get in your way

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Iloverawia said:
I am Iloverawia,

My wife recieved her visa and she is on her way to me.

Dont worry about "moon" comment. There trying to scare everyone with misleading information..

Continue waiting ppl, dont let anyone get in your way
Great to hear ! Did she get her passport back ?

hzeitoun

Apr 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Beruit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
I am the brother of "Iloverawia"

Today i got the "in progress" status.

yes they will give you the WHOLE application with passport back.

aandjcanada

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Yeah let's stay positive! I'm sure Beirut office is working on applications as 3 had already been contacted on this forum! I'm still waiting! I feel it could be any day soon now but the waiting is not easy! Any news? Any updates 'waiting for him'?

waiting4him

Jan 26, 2016
My husband and I haven't heard anything yet from Beirut Visa Office. Yes, they might contact us any minute, but the fact is... they might not contact us for many weeks and months as well.. Waiting is not easy! I feel there is no "esteqrar" in my life...

Do you think... if I requested information under the privacy act... will it help me understand the status of the PR visa application of my husband? Or I can't request such information because he is not a Canadian yet ! ....I just wonna know some more details about his application, other than the general comments in eCAS !

You may read here:
www---cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
waiting4him said:
My husband and I haven't heard anything yet from Beirut Visa Office. Yes, they might contact us any minute, but the fact is... they might not contact us for many weeks and months as well.. Waiting is not easy! I feel there is no "esteqrar" in my life...

Do you think... if I requested information under the privacy act... will it help me understand the status of the PR visa application of my husband? Or I can't request such information because he is not a Canadian yet ! ....I just wonna know some more details about his application, other than the general comments in eCAS !

You may read here:
Requesting notes will give you a piece of mind! My husbands papers are being processed in Amman and I order notes every 2-3 months just to see where they are at in terms of processing our application. It definitely gives you a piece of mind. Plus, keep in mind that every file and every case is different. Just because someones application is processed in a year doesn't mean yours will follow suit, it all depends on the case.

Be patient, inshallah it wont take much longer :) If you need any help deciphering the notes, theres a post here on the forum all about it.

Good luck.

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
waiting4him said:

You may read here:
You can request notes and see all the details in the file even if he is not a Canadian citizen. I have done this for my wife. Keep in mind that it takes one month to receive the notes. Hopefully you hear something before then but no harm in requesting them anyway for peace of mind.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
My hubby did his interview he
said things went well, my only concern is they gave him his passport back and at the end of the interview they said that he passed and will be contacted shortly to bring "something". what do you think that is? and is it normal to give passport back or should they have kept it?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
sweetstrawberry said:
My hubby did his interview he
said things went well, my only concern is they gave him his passport back and at the end of the interview they said that he passed and will be contacted shortly to bring "something". what do you think that is? and is it normal to give passport back or should they have kept it?
They may request a re-medical or ask you to bring an updated form. Try not to worry and think about it too much. Inshallah khair

waiting4him

Jan 26, 2016
I would love to know more details....

Can you tell me which post in this forum speaks about the notes... how to apply, etc. ?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
waiting4him said:
I would love to know more details....

Can you tell me which post in this forum speaks about the notes... how to apply, etc. ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t390292.0.html

Also if you YouTube, how to apply for GSCM notes, there's a video that shows your step by step