Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Re: Reply: Beirut - Spousal sponsorship - 2015

lizzy123 said:
yes it's true... the medicals can be extended up to a year.. many people in the old forum had their medicals extended actually

i dunno why they dnt let me post the link... but its as follows add the www

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp
Ohhh....up to a year. Thanks for correcting me and providing the link lizzy123 :D. Blessings.

ghinak

Sep 10, 2014
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-03-2015
Iloverawia said:
n response to the recent conflict in Lebanon, Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced new measures to help reunite families who were affected. According to Immigration Minister Monty Solberg, CIC has been giving "priority visa and immigration services to family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to help them join their relatives in Canada." This essentially involves the expediting of sponsorship applications under the family class for those directly affected by the conflict in Lebanon. However, the process will still take time, as all requirements must still be met including security and medical criteria.

Sympathetic consideration is also being given to applications from visitors, students and temporary workers from Lebanon seeking to extend their stay in Canada.

It is important to note that the majority of the people displaced by the current conflict are displaced within Lebanon and, as such, are considered internally displaced persons. Such persons are not considered to be refugees, and as such CIC is generally not considering refugee applications from Lebanon, especially given the current ceasefire.

CIC has also sent 34 additional officers, doctors, and support staff to help with consular, visa, and medical services in the region.

Since the ceasefire was implemented August 14th, 2006, CIC's visa office in Beirut is gradually resuming normal operations. Visa offices in Damascus and Amman are continuing to assist the Beirut office to expedite temporary resident visa applications for residents of Lebanon until further notice.
Hello everyone :)
I believe this extract is really old(in 2006 maybe,talking about ceasefire!).
Anyway not to worry ,the reason this process is now way faster is because back in 2013 the immigration department had strikes,so applications were delayed.They were back on track beginneing of 2014.
On the other side they opened the consultant office VFS ,which helped them with the load of work related to visit visas and other temporary visas.
It is currently taking around 12-14 months(less for the lucky ones) for the whole process for normal cases with no complications,and a month less for those who apply from Quebec because they have to go through the CSQ so cheer up people,the wait won't be too long (kind of).

Best of luck for eveyone :)

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats Hilda11! Your hubby is approved (they do not ask for the passport otherwise) and you are at the end of the journey. I know it is long and hard but soon you will all come to Canada as a family and be able to forget about immigration :D. Many blessings for your future together.
Thank you CdnandTrini :) hopefully your right!!!

update on my file.....i checked ecas today and it stated decision made and that my hubby will be contacted, but until today no one has called him??? is this a good sign?? has this happened to anyone before???

lizzy123

Feb 25, 2015
Hello everyone .. i wanted to tell you that i received my passport request today.. good luck to you all! :D :D :D :D :D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hilda11 said:
Thank you CdnandTrini :) hopefully your right!!!

update on my file.....i checked ecas today and it stated decision made and that my hubby will be contacted, but until today no one has called him??? is this a good sign?? has this happened to anyone before???
Hello Hilda11, sorry for the delayed response, I am not on the forum regularly now since my hubby landed but yes this is a good sign if your hubby has not already heard by now. I am not sure if he dropped off his PP in person or couriered it but either way this means they have finished his file and issued the visa. With some visa offices and officers, they update ecas before they send out the visa and some do it after. There is not really any consistency. Also ecas is a system so just like e-mail, we can send out an e-mail at a certain time but sometimes it gets stuck on a server somewhere in cyberspace and the recipient does not get it immediately. Bottom line, get ready to come back to Canada!! :D Congratulations and let us know how everything goes when you folks land. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lizzy123 said:
Hello everyone .. i wanted to tell you that i received my passport request today.. good luck to you all! :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats Lizzy123!!! Soon it will be welcome to Canada! Come back with your landing story and many blessings. :D

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
CdnandTrini said:
Hello Hilda11, sorry for the delayed response, I am not on the forum regularly now since my hubby landed but yes this is a good sign if your hubby has not already heard by now. I am not sure if he dropped off his PP in person or couriered it but either way this means they have finished his file and issued the visa. With some visa offices and officers, they update ecas before they send out the visa and some do it after. There is not really any consistency. Also ecas is a system so just like e-mail, we can send out an e-mail at a certain time but sometimes it gets stuck on a server somewhere in cyberspace and the recipient does not get it immediately. Bottom line, get ready to com back to Canada!! :D Congratulations and let us know how everything goes when you folks land. Blessings.
Hi CdnandTrini,

Thanks for your reply and I pray we get that email soon im so nervous about what the email is going to entail....hope its a passport submittal and not a refusal :-X

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hilda11 said:
Hi CdnandTrini,

Thanks for your reply and I pray we get that email soon im so nervous about what the email is going to entail....hope its a passport submittal and not a refusal :-X
Hi Hilda11, I am sending you sympathy as this last part feels so nerve wracking :( because by this time we are all so paranoid about immigration it seems like it is too good to be true until we have the actual passport with visas in our hands, right? Kind of like what prisoners or kidnapped people feel like when they are set free :p!

Did you drop off the PP and documents in person or send them by courier? If your husband was not interviewed then that also means that everything checked out and they just need updated documents to process his visa. Take heart my dear, you are in the home stretch now.

In our case my husband was phoned to come pick up his visa because we dropped it off in person and asked them to call us to pick it up. So if you or hubby have cell phones then answer all private or unknown callers until you hear from them and check all e-mail junk folders. The "standard" turnaround on sending back PP's with visas can take between 1-12 weeks but I do not think (hope) you will need to wait that long. If you have not heard anything by April 10th then just send a case specific enquiry (CSE) and ask if they need any additional info. That will be 4 week since you submitted your docs. right? They will usually reply to these letting you know that if they need anything more they will ask. At least you will know you are still in the queue and have not been forgotten! If it hits 8 weeks, then call or e-mail your MP in Canada. The one responsible for the area that you and hubby will be moving to, you can get this info. by doing a Google search. You are not alone! Blessings

Iloverawia

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
I cant wait any long for my wife to come!!!

Got a sa feb 17!!!!

How can i make it faster!!

I feel like i want to go into a coma till she comes!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Iloverawia said:
I cant wait any long for my wife to come!!!

Got a sa feb 17!!!!

How can i make it faster!!

I feel like i want to go into a coma till she comes!
:) feeling your pain Iloverawia........that is why this forum is so helpful. It saved my sanity while waiting for my husband. Congrats on the SA and take a deep breath because none of us can make it go any faster. Paying the RPRF up front, or as soon as possible after submitting your application is the only thing that could possibly shave some processing time off applications. Do not go into a coma :p even though we all feel like that. Stay busy, do lots of facetime, SKYPE, phone, messages etc. and plan for the time when she does arrive. It will happen. Blessings.

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Hilda11, I am sending you sympathy as this last part feels so nerve wracking :( because by this time we are all so paranoid about immigration it seems like it is too good to be true until we have the actual passport with visas in our hands, right? Kind of like what prisoners or kidnapped people feel like when they are set free :p!

Did you drop off the PP and documents in person or send them by courier? If your husband was not interviewed then that also means that everything checked out and they just need updated documents to process his visa. Take heart my dear, you are in the home stretch now.

In our case my husband was phoned to come pick up his visa because we dropped it off in person and asked them to call us to pick it up. So if you or hubby have cell phones then answer all private or unknown callers until you hear from them and check all e-mail junk folders. The "standard" turnaround on sending back PP's with visas can take between 1-12 weeks but I do not think (hope) you will need to wait that long. If you have not heard anything by April 10th then just send a case specific enquiry (CSE) and ask if they need any additional info. That will be 4 week since you submitted your docs. right? They will usually reply to these letting you know that if they need anything more they will ask. At least you will know you are still in the queue and have not been forgotten! If it hits 8 weeks, then call or e-mail your MP in Canada. The one responsible for the area that you and hubby will be moving to, you can get this info. by doing a Google search. You are not alone! Blessings
Hi CdnandTrini,

Thanks for the helpful info but we haven't submitted PP yet. They asked for new versions of docs we already submitted, now just waiting for the email entailing their decision...your right we are in the home stretch so all the waiting should be minimal when it comes to this email....wish me luck

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Guys....stay positive and hope for the best.

Friend of mine got his visa after 3 months and a half

I think the sky will rain PPRs lol

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
hi all

just an update on my end

i just received the golden email from them :) requesting passport submital :)

good luck all

and to those who recently started their process....be veryyyyyyyyyyyyy patient in the end you will all be reunited :)

Chadi Y

Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-08-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Hey Everyone. Hilda congratulations on receiving the golden email... Just a matter of time until you get that visa in your hands.

That brings me to my question. Can anyone tell me how long after submitting the passport you can expect to hear from the VAC? My wife submitted her passport a month ago today (March 9) and we still haven't heard anything yet. Even though the passport request usually means the visa will be granted, I'm starting to get nervous on when my wife will get the notification to say her passport is ready for pickup.

Hilda11

Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2014
Doc's Request.
20/02/2015
AOR Received.
01/04/2014
File Transfer...
01/04/2014
Med's Done....
01/02/2014
Passport Req..
09/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2015
Chadi Y said:
Hey Everyone. Hilda congratulations on receiving the golden email... Just a matter of time until you get that visa in your hands.

That brings me to my question. Can anyone tell me how long after submitting the passport you can expect to hear from the VAC? My wife submitted her passport a month ago today (March 9) and we still haven't heard anything yet. Even though the passport request usually means the visa will be granted, I'm starting to get nervous on when my wife will get the notification to say her passport is ready for pickup.
Hi Chadi,

congrats to you as well...in the email they sent me it stated that they need a minimum of 30 days...so be patient you should hear something soon :)