+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BEING PREGNANT WOULD AFFECT THE SPEED OF PROCESSING?

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
HI TO ALL!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEITHER BEING PREGNANT WILL AFFECT THE PROCESS OF APPLICATION OR NOT?

I am planning to sponsor my husband outland ,i am canadian ,he is egyptian .

Please let me know ,if anyone had experience before .

Thank you :)

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
no, pregnancy has no effect on application processing times.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Yeah no...

If it would help I'd have to consider thinking about having my tubal ligation reversed...

(Distasteful response, but my way of stating that I emphatically agree that arranging to be pregnant will not help.)

H

humtum143

No Effects Just Submit and advise them when your New born come to this world :p

I

iarblue

You are the Canadian having the baby?SO how would you think this may effect your app speed it up(never) slow it down (never).The baby has nothing to do with his app as it is not born yet.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
thank you for ur opinion....
we are all learning here....
i think my question would be asked by a lot of people in similar situation.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
lapula said:
thank you for ur opinion....
we are all learning here....
i think my question would be asked by a lot of people in similar situation.
It totally has. There was an entire thread dedicated to the topic not too long ago. Essentially it boils down to everyone has some reason to want to get to Canada fast...and it would be IMPOSSIBLE for immigration to make those kind of judgment calls on a regular basis. As well, it would be a shame if people started having babies just to speed up their immigration process.

Anyway...it's a legit question, so don't sweat it. I completely understand your pain and worry, I've recently had a baby while our application is still in process. It wasn't what we had planned, but it happened. It was scary and hard to do it alone, but I made it through and we now have a beautiful baby boy to show...so at the end of the day I wouldn't do anything different!!!

Good luck to you!

Lynn

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
I was pregnant when i put my application in.... while i cannot say at all if it had any effect in our processing, our case went thru in 4m when the 30% ave was 7m... i did have my baby during the process (put my application in the day before i gave birth (planned c-section)), and spent most of my mat leave with my husband at his home... i think if anything those factors (pregnant, leaving canada to live with him while the processing was happening) did help solidify the "genuine-ness" of our relationship, which very well could have contributed to our processing time... can't say for sure, but it obviously didn't hold it back...

if you do give birth during the processing, you should notify CIC right away and present a certified copy of the bc (as soon as it is available) to the processing office... we were asked to bring this in...

good luck and congratulations if you are in fact pregnant :) ..

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
i wish it did! We have been 2 years waiting for my husband's PR and I just gave birth to our daughter here in Canada a week ago yesterday. We still have no idea if we are any closer to being finished.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
mingus said:
i wish it did! We have been 2 years waiting for my husband's PR and I just gave birth to our daughter here in Canada a week ago yesterday. We still have no idea if we are any closer to being finished.
Congratulations on your daughter Mingus. My husband and I are in a similar situation...we've been waiting 3 years and have no idea when this nightmare will end!

Is your husband at least able to visit?

Lynn

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
locolynn said:
Congratulations on your daughter Mingus. My husband and I are in a similar situation...we've been waiting 3 years and have no idea when this nightmare will end!

Is your husband at least able to visit?

Lynn
no they will not give him a TRV. They say he can not prove to them he will return at the end of his visa if his PR has not been granted.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
mingus said:
no they will not give him a TRV. They say he can not prove to them he will return at the end of his visa if his PR has not been granted.
Ugh we are in the same boat. I was lucky I was able to join my husband for my maternity leave from work. It's running out soon and still no visa. I have no idea what we are going to do.

Are you able to go to him?

Lynn

dan2010

Jul 29, 2010
IT WOULD NOT AFFECT THE SPEED OF YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

I have read a case processed at Manila CIC. The case of the pregnant wife sponsor in canada has speed up the processing of the husband's PR application. What was done according to what I read is to contact an MP in the area to interfere and help present the case. The whole situation is that the pregnant wife has nobody to be with during her gestation period. She has no close relatives to be with her. That I guess is the factor her husband's application was considered. Of course she has presented all needed evidences of her being pregnant.

I don't know if you have the same case. Most likely if you are a born canadian citizen it won't work for you since you got families and relatives to care for you even so the presence of your husband is not needed ASAP.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
dan2010 said:
IT WOULD NOT AFFECT THE SPEED OF YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

I have read a case processed at Manila CIC. The case of the pregnant wife sponsor in canada has speed up the processing of the husband's PR application. What was done according to what I read is to contact an MP in the area to interfere and help present the case.
Of course it never hurts to ask, but I'm wondering if situations like the one above aren't just happy coincidinces. Is it possible she had already been approved internally and was inthe finally stages when the MP intervened?

I find it hard to believe an MP could compel them to that degree...but you never know!

Lynn