+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Being called in for interview in a few days. Any helpful tips?

Dellace

Jan 8, 2019
After submitting the inland common-law sponsorship application mid January, surprisingly, it took only 8 month!

"Dear Client, We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for [Time] on [Date]. Your interview will be conducted at: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)"

There's not much im being told to bring, only passport and 2 "passport" style photos and payment receipt.

Can someone point me to other threads with a walk through with what's about to happen? Questions people typically or have experienced?

I hear that being called in for an interview is a bad sign, in terms of officers believing the relationship is genuine and "admissibility issues" Is this true?

Could it be the case that the nerve-racking interview portion may be skipped? Is it likely? I've read that a couple went in to finalize their PR, prep for the interview, but were simply shuffled through the process simply and quickly. Without any spooky questions

What step-by-step, exactly happens from between the time i enter the building and leave? What information should i be prepared to recall on the spot. I've got awful memory and i dont think the officers are going to care. So it may be awkward trying to remember my social security number (I'm USA), passport info or exact details, without my smart phone.

How do i gracefully answer questions that i don't know, but should probably know? My spouse (Can citz) never talks about his family, his dreams, his fears. He's got this "wall" and so, i don't think i really know about some of the more depressing things he seems to only share when he's particularly upset... like a brief rundown of how school bulling affected the way he behaves. It's hard to think saying "I don't know" won't sit well with them. Or floundering for an answer.

Much appreciated to any answers in what the Canadian government has made: the most important trial and tribulation in our lives together.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
After submitting the inland common-law sponsorship application mid January, surprisingly, it took only 8 month!

"Dear Client, We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for [Time] on [Date]. Your interview will be conducted at: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)"

There's not much im being told to bring, only passport and 2 "passport" style photos and payment receipt.

Can someone point me to other threads with a walk through with what's about to happen? Questions people typically or have experienced?

I hear that being called in for an interview is a bad sign, in terms of officers believing the relationship is genuine and "admissibility issues" Is this true?

Could it be the case that the nerve-racking interview portion may be skipped? Is it likely? I've read that a couple went in to finalize their PR, prep for the interview, but were simply shuffled through the process simply and quickly. Without any spooky questions

What step-by-step, exactly happens from between the time i enter the building and leave? What information should i be prepared to recall on the spot. I've got awful memory and i dont think the officers are going to care. So it may be awkward trying to remember my social security number (I'm USA), passport info or exact details, without my smart phone.

How do i gracefully answer questions that i don't know, but should probably know? My spouse (Can citz) never talks about his family, his dreams, his fears. He's got this "wall" and so, i don't think i really know about some of the more depressing things he seems to only share when he's particularly upset... like a brief rundown of how school bulling affected the way he behaves. It's hard to think saying "I don't know" won't sit well with them. Or floundering for an answer.

Much appreciated to any answers in what the Canadian government has made: the most important trial and tribulation in our lives together.
This is a standard "landing interview", not an attempt to test your relationship knowledge.
It's simply to complete the process of becoming a Permanent Resident. Do not worry about it.

Reactions: jmc1974 and Dellace

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

As said above, this is a landing interview, not a relationship interview. They are not going to ask for your SSN or about your spouse's family. They will ask you to confirm the info on the COPR, to sign the COPR and you will leave a PR.

Reactions: jmc1974