+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Being a student can I apply for my cousin's TRV after first refusal?

psp.ma

May 23, 2019
Hello everyone
My first cousin got her refusal this week.
The reasons stated were
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of IRPR,
a) based on the purpose of your visit.
b) based on your current employment stituation
c) based on your family ties in Canada and in Canada and in your country of residence.
d) based on your travel history.
I am an international student in Canada, I wanted to know if I can invite her to visit me as my family member. Also, I am confused about the reasoning for the refusal as our whole family is back in India and my cousin works as major employee in our family business and she had strong funds to display.But she didn't mention about me in her application so, for Canadian ties can I invite her?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
No, and you will hurt her chances even more because it will show stronger ties to Canada so she shouldn't even mention you unless the application form requires it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Having a family member is a better reason to visit Canada then general tourism. She will have to qualify on her own based on her savings, any property, proof of longterm job, travel history to countries like Australia, Europe, US, etc., other strong ties like having family members dependent on her like spouse or children.