+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beijing - Rental Contracts - How to Translate?

Nov 1, 2011
Hello there,

I am submitting the rental contracts for the places that my wife, whom I am sponsoring, and I have lived in Beijing as evidence of our relationship. The thing is the contracts are all in Chinese and multiple pages long with many clauses, and I was wondering if I really need to find an accredited translator to translate all of them and have them notarized? It just doesn't sound very practical. Does any of you out there have experience dealing with Chinese rental contracts when putting together an immigration application? Thank you.

Best,
Joe.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While I was working in a property management company based in Shanghai, I used to prepare English and/or Chinese rental contracts depending whether tenants are english speaking or chinese speaking (while if there is differences between the two languages, the chinese one always prevails). I don't have experience in getting them notarized.

I think you can always ask your landlord if he can provide you an English version or you can write it your own and then signed & stamped between you and your landlord.

You can also ask your landlord to write you a letter stating you are living at your rented place. It worked out for Toby (another senior member of this forum). Here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t62547.0.html;msg583649#msg583649