+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginners

Lillly

Oct 30, 2008

Hellos, I am a new beginner from Kenya and have just gone through some of your messages and it seems to loose me. Anyway I am thinking of asking Mr. Cohen to represent me but I wonder if I will be spending too much money and I can do this for free?????????? Please help.

Regards Lilian

Lillly

Oct 30, 2008
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I was not looking for legal representation, maybe I put my question across in the wrong manner. I am an ordinary person who just wanted to find out how things are done. It may be of help to get some advice from those who have gone a bit far in the process.

Regards

Jalal1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2008
Please specify what information you are looking for. Is it about Federal Skilled Worker or Work Permit?

Have you gone through this website http://www.cic.gc.ca

Lillly

Oct 30, 2008
Hi,
I am looking for information about Federal Skilled Workers and yes I have gone through the website. I just wanted to know what are the challenges that most people applying for this kind of visa get along the way?

Regards

Lillly

Oct 30, 2008
Hi,
I was wondering which province I should select. I have an advance diploma in Business Administration. Which is the best province? Please help.

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The skilled worker program is currently undergoing some rule changes. The new rules have already been applied to new applications but nobody knows exactly what they are yet so we are all waiting for them to get posted.

The only province that has a different skilled worker program is Quebec so you can not put that as your province. Otherwise for FSW it doesn't matter what province you put. The challenges with FSW so far is mostly long waiting times, being refused for lack of points when immigration gives you less points than you had given yourself and also when coming to Canada finding a job in your field. Other immigration programs make you get a job before you go, with skilled worker, you have the luxury not to think about that so some people find out only after they've picked a town to live in and settled down there that they can't get a job there at all or not in their field. Better to look for jobs first before you decide where to settle.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Lillly said:
Hi,
I was wondering which province I should select. I have an advance diploma in Business Administration. Which is the best province? Please help.

Regards
I would suggest you try to get a job offer which will help you a lot in getting your PR visa. First, see if you need to get your credentials evaluated. After that, prepare a well-organized, eye-catching resume to send to the potential employers in Canada. Placement agencies, or otherwise called recruiting firms can help for a fee.

Where you can secure a job before migrating to Canada will the ideal place for you.

Best of luck.

spaceace

Oct 16, 2008
Leeds UK
aghijan said:
I would suggest you try to get a job offer which will help you a lot in getting your PR visa. First, see if you need to get your credentials evaluated. After that, prepare a well-organized, eye-catching resume to send to the potential employers in Canada. Placement agencies, or otherwise called recruiting firms can help for a fee.

Where you can secure a job before migrating to Canada will the ideal place for you.

Best of luck.
I have sent probably in order of 200+ job applications in over 3 months without having 1 reply and I'm very experienced and qualified.

Please can anybody point me in the direction of fee charging job agencies?

Has anyone had any success with them?

TIA

vagrant

Nov 2, 2008
Hello Freinds,

I am an Indian considering immigration to Canada. I have some questions and was hoping some of the more experienced people in this forum can help me with the answers.

I am considering applying under the Federal Skilled worker category and have enough points on the online evaluation to qualify for the visa.

1) How do I pay my fee? Can I pay it online after filling my application form or do i to prepare a bank draft or some other way to pay the application fee?

2) How long does does the canada immigration office takes to process the application? What is normally the success rate for such applications?

3) I see there are some additional medical and police certificates which need to me provided at some stage in the application process. When do i need to provide these documents?

4) Is it helpful to use a legal representative for filing the immigration application or it can be done by myself?

Waiting to hear your opinion on these topics.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vagrant said:
Hello Freinds,

I am an Indian considering immigration to Canada. I have some questions and was hoping some of the more experienced people in this forum can help me with the answers.

I am considering applying under the Federal Skilled worker category and have enough points on the online evaluation to qualify for the visa.

1) How do I pay my fee? Can I pay it online after filling my application form or do i to prepare a bank draft or some other way to pay the application fee?

Applying to Delhi, "Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi.

2) How long does does the canada immigration office takes to process the application? What is normally the success rate for such applications?
Without a certified job offer, and without an occupation on the priority list (to be published in the future) it would be returned without processing. With an occupation on the priority list and/or certified job offer, a year or two?

3) I see there are some additional medical and police certificates which need to me provided at some stage in the application process. When do i need to provide these documents?

If your application is accepted, CIC will request the additional documents and IELTS results when they feel that your application would be completed in about 6 months.

4) Is it helpful to use a legal representative for filing the immigration application or it can be done by myself?

Your choice, but you have to read the official web sites.If you hire a lawyer or certified consultant, it won't speed the application, but it should cut down on the errors, you will still have to gather the documents though.

Waiting to hear your opinion on these topics.
PMM

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Lillly said:
Hi,

Regards
Dear Lilly,
One thing you will quickly realise as you embark on the immigration journey is that you have to do a lot of homework. Most forums like this will only be able to assist once you have done your bit. Canada is a huge country and no one can advise you on where to live (unless they know you and your circumstances personally). The CIC site has a lot of very useful information on different places in Canada. Why don’t you start your search there and when you have narrowed down to a specific locality, then you can ask forum members about life in a specific place. In any case the waiting times in Kenya are so long that you have a lot of time to think about where you might want to settle in Canada.

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
spaceace said:
I have sent probably in order of 200+ job applications in over 3 months without having 1 reply and I'm very experienced and qualified.

Please can anybody point me in the direction of fee charging job agencies?

Has anyone had any success with them?

TIA
Following on from Tia's question...does anybody know who these fee charging job agencies are?