+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before Filing the EOI

Serenity.18

Sep 5, 2019
Hi,
I am worried about the same problem.
I have applied aswel and i am at an initial stage but the problem I am facing is that my husband is not even ready to consider Medical and PCC but also divorce.
He is not in contact with me and we have separated our ways since 2-3 months now.
In India there is no such document as a legally separation document.
To apply for a mutual consent divorce,, 1 year of separation period needs to be completed. - According to Hindu marriage Act. It has been just 3 months that we are separated and I will get an invite soon.
Problem here is that my husband doesn't respond to any of my request for divorce or medical and PCC.
Normal divorce procedure takes approximately one to one and a half years in India.
I don't want to miss out on the opportunity because of this.
An affidavit from my end stating that "my husband is not supportive at all and I won't be sponsoring him to Canada ever in future" is enough or I need to have the divorce decree ?
He is not at all in touch with me and not responding to any of my requests for divorce aswel, I can't apply for divorce on my own.
Will the affidavit be enough ? I don't want my procedure to be on hold untill I get the divorce certificate because my husband would never respond to that too.
Please help me out in this situation as how to proceed further.