+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before approval of my PR, can my non accompanying spouse visit me in Canada on Valid Open Work Permit

sodhi00034

Dec 4, 2020
I am in Canada on PGWP. My PR is pending. My spouse is non accompanying at the time I submitted application. Before approval of my PR, can my non accompanying spouse visit me (temporarily) in Canada on Valid TRV (Woker) . She has a valid TRV (Worker) but has never travelled in Canada before

Last edited:

sodhi00034

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks. My main concern is that if she qualifies above criteria and tries to come to canada, is it possible that officer could say while your husband (in PR Application)said "spouse will come later" after PR but now you are trying to enter before that? Why?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. My main concern is that if she qualifies above criteria and tries to come to canada, is it possible that officer could say while your husband (in PR Application)said "spouse will come later" after PR but now you are trying to enter before that? Why?
But if she meets conditions (has a written job offer) then there isn’t a problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does she actually have a job because IRCC does often verify? When does the OWP expire?