+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

before applying to Ankara office questions?

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I am new to all of this and had some questions and I really hope I could get some help.
First, I have some questions about the medical examinations for my wife.
1. I saw that in the Ankara visa office specific instructions guide it says that medical examinations must be done when the visa officer instructs us to do so. But in the part 3 middle east guide it says the examinations must be done prior to submitting the application. Which is true? Why is there a contridiction?
2. If so we must do the medical examination before submitting our application, how can the DMP send the results to CIC when we don't even have an application ID yet?
3. I understand that we must send our completed application form package to misisaga, but in the Ankara guide it says send all completed applications to Turkey? I don't understand this.
4. and finally similar with the document checklist, part 3 of the application forms has a document checklist so does the Ankara specific instructions package and they are a bit different. Which one should we do?
(also regarding the documents checklist, in part 3, it gives us 2 choices of Beirut and damascus as our handling office, it doesn't gives us a choice for Ankara. Since the visa office in Syria is closed, which one should we choose?
(by the way I'm in Canada and my wife is applying from Iran.)
Thanks in advance for any help.

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
Hi,

1) Is this the IMM 3911 the guide you referred to? According to the instruction, proof of medical examination needs to be sent with the application. Where did you see that the medical examination must be done only when the officer instructs you to do so?
2) They would be able to match the report with the application when they receive it.
3) Outland applications should be sent to Mississauga.
4) Look for instructions specific to Iran.
5) That checkbox only applies to residents of Lebanon. Write Turkey in form IMM 0008, for example.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
mamad2020 said:
Hi everyone,
I am new to all of this and had some questions and I really hope I could get some help.
1. I saw that in the Ankara visa office specific instructions guide it says that medical examinations must be done when the visa officer instructs us to do so. But in the part 3 middle east guide it says the examinations must be done prior to submitting the application. Which is true? Why is there a contridiction?
2. If so we must do the medical examination before submitting our application, how can the DMP send the results to CIC when we don't even have an application ID yet?
3. I understand that we must send our completed application form package to misisaga, but in the Ankara guide it says send all completed applications to Turkey? I don't understand this.
4. and finally similar with the document checklist, part 3 of the application forms has a document checklist so does the Ankara specific instructions package and they are a bit different. Which one should we do?
(also regarding the documents checklist, in part 3, it gives us 2 choices of Beirut and damascus as our handling office, it doesn't gives us a choice for Ankara. Since the visa office in Syria is closed, which one should we choose?
Can you post a link to the information you are referring to? I am not aware of Ankara requiring applicants not to do medicals upfront.
Guides aren't always per visa office. Most of the time they are by place of residence. Take a look at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

We have a thread for Ankara applicants. You are welcome to join :)

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@theholderof4 Thank you so much! You were really hopeful and I wish you the best :)

1. Yes I follow guide 3911 for Middle east and there it says send in the medical examination with your application. But in guide IMM 3103 E it says don't send it in I quote the last page:
"Instructions for this examination will be provided after your application has been assessed by a Canadian Visa officer."

I understand that this guide also includes dependent children, parents, grand parents, etc... but it is specific for Ankara VO and it was confusing me.
2. Thank you :)
3. That's what I thought, but also in IMM 3103 it says:
"Place all your documents in a sealed envelope and mail them to:

Canadian Embassy
Ankara , TURKEY....."
But now I know this is wrong... SO Thanks again.
4. Yes guide 3911 has specific instructions for Iran.
5. Great, thank you
@BCgirl it is guide IMM 3103 if you google it, you can find it. You can see for yourself. I don't know why they haven't updated their guides.
Thanks for the link, yes that's the guide I follow 3911 and I think is the most accurate. I just didn't want any delay in my application that's why I wanted to make sure :)
Yes I've been reading the thread for Ankara applications and it's great. I will join as soon as we send out the application :)
My only worry right now is my own sponsor application as my income is low. I get disability income assistance because of my disability but I know it won't necessarily result in my rejection. I also get student loan and will finish school in about 4 months and plan to find a job immediately. I think the prospects for finding a job are really good in my field so I'm not worried about supporting her at all. In fact my parents are both here and they've pleged that they will support us both until I find a job. The least is that we don't have to pay rent as long as we live with my parents.... I just hope that CIC can see this too. I can't really be far from her for such a long time :(
Thank you again!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
This one

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33103.PDF

is for parents, grandparents, adopted children and their relatives.

You will find the right guide in the CIC link I posted in my previous message :) I can see that it's IMM3911 for applicants from Iran.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamad2020 said:
Hi everyone,
1. Medical test results are valid for one year. This is for the second medicals if you first one is expires.
2. You must do the medical exam before submit your application. On the medical test application (you'll see this document at the medical centre or doctor's office) there is a specific number and a barcode. They match this medical code with your file number later by theirselves.
3. First you send your application package to Mississauga for sponsor's approval, then if CIC approves you they send your package to the Visa Office by theirselves.
4. Consider the V.O specific instructions for Iranian residents.

Good luck!

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much everyone!
Everything for me is now set. The doctor's appointment is set, photos will be taken soon, and police check will be done this week and translations of documents will follow along with filling out the forms.
**The only other question I have is, do you think we will need my wife's university degree also translated or be included in the application package? Will this strengthen our application, or simply just writing her occupation and education level is enough?
The thing is that her degree is held up in her university and we can't have it unless we pay them about $2000. We planned to get it some time later as she wants to continue her education here, but it will be a bit of pressure if we get it now....
Thanks again in advance

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
mamad2020 said:
Thank you so much everyone!
Everything for me is now set. The doctor's appointment is set, photos will be taken soon, and police check will be done this week and translations of documents will follow along with filling out the forms.
**The only other question I have is, do you think we will need my wife's university degree also translated or be included in the application package? Will this strengthen our application, or simply just writing her occupation and education level is enough?
The thing is that her degree is held up in her university and we can't have it unless we pay them about $2000. We planned to get it some time later as she wants to continue her education here, but it will be a bit of pressure if we get it now....
Thanks again in advance
hey,
i have sent my uni degree along with my whole application but there is no need 2 do this! because d category which we r applying through is family class n as far as i know there is no need to submit uni degree btw u can ask other applicants in d following thread :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/damascusspousal-since-jan-2010-or-late-2009-t51197.21750.html
hope it may help!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't need to send in a copy of her degree. Some people send in a degree because it can be used as evidence of your future plans - showing she has a degree, thus should be more likely to get a job - but it is not necessary.