+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Group letter to Ankara

mohammad K.

Sep 1, 2012
Hey everyone,

I think it's time for us to write a letter to Ankara and ask for an explanation. In the Canadian system petitions won’t put any negative effects on anything what so ever.
We are getting close to holidays and I'm really worried. Damascus had 13 months at its worst condition (the last 2 months it was open). For most of us, it's been 13 months and even more now in Ankara! If we talk for another 20 more pages it's not going to do any good for anyone.

We still have people from Sept. 2011 - Oct 2011 including myself. A friend of mine also applied one week after me with no results yet. All those from 2011 who haven't received any notes should sign it by including their application numbers and names. If they are pushing sponsors on the side or pushing students first or whatever, they are able to ignore individual letters because who else will know?! But when a group writes to them, they know it's a group where many are connected and know about their performance. I'm ready to give my Application # and name as the first person.

We have applied a lot earlier than students or visitors and we have a status in Canada. This should give me at least 1% priority over these groups. How come student's screening is this much faster?!

See, medical expiries used to make alot of trouble for both sides. They are now extending it themselves in a country where you will not even get 1 cent off with a expired Safeway card! For screening this is the same thing. I believe if they want they can push the third part screening company... This is all about the SECURITY thing and it can be changed...

Please comment.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stop complaining. Look at Hong Kong VO, the processing times of 80% of the cases is 17 months (although some members in this forum got their PR visa in 5 months!).

mohammad K.

Sep 1, 2012
steaky said:
Stop complaining. Look at Hong Kong VO, the processing times of 80% of the cases is 17 months (although some members in this forum got their PR visa in 5 months!).
If Abu Dhabi is 24 months, back luck for it's people it's not my concern.

Your point is indirectly my point too. Some people in Ankara get it in 5 months, others who have passed 13 months are not even getting answered. If this is not a sign of chaos, I personal should and have the right to know why is the cause and why.

This post is for those who fit in it and are interested to communicate with the VISA office that is keeping them waiting longer than it's average time frame and gives no replies to individuals.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
We're ALL good with what the English word "average" means, right?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammad K. said:
I think it's time for us to write a letter to Ankara and ask for an explanation. In the Canadian system petitions won't put any negative effects on anything what so ever.
We are getting close to holidays and I'm really worried. Damascus had 13 months at its worst condition (the last 2 months it was open). For most of us, it's been 13 months and even more now in Ankara!

I'm not familiar with what happened with Damascus processing, but I assume they used to have a visa office there, which is now being done in Ankara. Am I correct in that assumption? If I am, then that means all of those cases that were waiting in Damascus were transferred to Ankara, because Damascus is now in the middle of a war zone. So let's assume that all of those applications in Damascus were transferred successfully to Ankara - that means that the visa office in Ankara is now doing a lot more work than they used to be doing, so of course processing times will be increased.

According to the processing timelines on the CIC web site, Ankara is currently at 15 months. That's for processing 80% of cases. By extrapolation, we can calculate that 100% of cases should be ready in 19 months. And those times may be low estimates if Ankara took on a bunch of new cases from Damascus.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#africa

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
truesmile said:
We're ALL good with what the English word "average" means, right?
steaky said:
I'm uncertain as why you're unhappy with the OP's post. This is a VO specific post, directed to a certain pool of applicants who were transferred from Damascus to Ankara. Their cases were put on hold for a long time due to logistics and multiple transfers between Canada and visa offices.
Ankara's processing time was 5 months for 80% in May, and it increased to 15 months in the latest update. The statistics are not really of Ankara's performance, but more of a extrapolation of combined numbers out of Ankara and Damascus.

Ankara has been processing some cases quite quickly, but quite a few of the transferred applicants are still waiting for their results. I don't see anything wrong with people trying to follow-up on what's going on with an application that is probably one of the most important ones in their lives.

While I would have chosen another way to word it, I still think there is always the right to know what's happening with their files. The way they choose to do so is their choice. I don't think we can tell anyone to stop complaining because another VO has a long processing time.

I would refrain from posting further in this thread, unless I am actually from the group the post is intended to.

Best regards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
I don't think we can tell anyone to stop complaining because another VO has a long processing time.

I would refrain from posting further in this thread, unless I am actually from the group the post is intended to.

Best regards.
We will see about that!