+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other Country? ( Y

Jun 10, 2020
Hello, 10 years ago i overstayed in UK for 20 days (I had a visa for 6 months and i overstayed a couple of weeks) the authorities realize that and invite me to voluntary leave the country (they send me back to my country and paid for my flight) i was not working or did anything bad, the authorities told me that i could go back to the UK after 5 years and all the records should be deleted after 10 years, so my question is what should i answer? does it affect my application for permanent residence, even if i have a good professional profile and strong ties in my country? i ll really appreciate your help with this. Is it possible for me to obtain the permanent residence? Thanks a Lot!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, 10 years ago i overstayed in UK for 20 days (I had a visa for 6 months and i overstayed a couple of weeks) the authorities realize that and invite me to voluntary leave the country (they send me back to my country and paid for my flight) i was not working or did anything bad, the authorities told me that i could go back to the UK after 5 years and all the records should be deleted after 10 years, so my question is what should i answer? does it affect my application for permanent residence, even if i have a good professional profile and strong ties in my country? i ll really appreciate your help with this. Is it possible for me to obtain the permanent residence? Thanks a Lot!
Yes you must admit you overstayed. As long as you are honest it shouldn't impact your PR application.

Nov 8, 2020
I was deported from South Korea last 2014 got 5 year ban because of Boss negligence on his part. I was able to obtain working visa from Japan i went home 3 months before expiration of visa.. (been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other Country?) do i need to say "YES"?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was deported from South Korea last 2014 got 5 year ban because of Boss negligence on his part. I was able to obtain working visa from Japan i went home 3 months before expiration of visa.. (been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other Country?) do i need to say "YES"?
You should say YES and explain the details of your deportation.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Japan gave me working visa last 2017, will my deportation case 5 years ago for overstaying, affect my application to Canada?
Each country weighs in deportation differently. Just because you got Japanese Visa doesn't mean that you will get Canadian Visa. Be honest in your application and explain it in detail why it happened.

bond_thefrank

Nov 16, 2018
Hello All,
My application for FLR (o) for the UK has been refused in 2015. I used the lawyer to appeal against the home office decision in court, however, the upper tribunal decides against my appeal in 2016, so I decided to voluntarily leave the UK. I will definitely declare the refusal and give the reason, however, do I have to mention "yes" on question 6.e been refused admission, or order to leave Canada or any other country?

I did not receive the letter of deportation or order to leave, the last letter I received was the letter of the upper tribunal about their decision.

Any expert quick advice will be highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

Henry Lee

Apr 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding question 6d in form 5669. I was refused PGWP due to uploading wrong degree. I resubmited and got approved. Do I have to declare on that form? As my understanding pgwp is not a visa. Thanks a lot

jayptl

Feb 3, 2021
Hello Guys,

I have a question on "been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country or territory?"

In July 2021, Due to direct flight banned(Covid time) from India to Canada, I planned to travel via third country which gives visa on arrival for Indian passport holder. So I have booked a ticket from India to Canada via Doha.

I need to take visa on arrival at Doha airport. when i reached at Doha, they asked me to show money 5000 Qatari rial i.e. $1715 in CAD. So I opened my Canadian Bank account and showed them money. I had around $10,000/- CAD in my Canadian bank and around $400 CAD Cash as well as $15,000/- Indian Rupees cash. But they said, we need liquid cash which is equivalent to 5000 Qatari rial.

After that I went to ATM at Doha airport and withdrawn money from my Canadian bank. Then again I went to immigration officer to show the money but they said when we asked to show money at that time you do not have the fund so we cannot issue a visa on arrival to you. I said I have funds but it is in my Canadian bank and some liquid cash money.

And they told me go back to India but they did not give me any paper or did not put any stamp in my passport at Doha so will it consider as deportation/refusal admission/order to leave?

Note: Its a visa on arrival. I been never issue a Qatar visa. (Doha)

Please help. Please give me your valuable suggestion

Thank you for your time.