+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been In Canada Since 18. Why PCC?

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Hello,

I have been in Canada since 18 years old. I have been to other countries; but I have never been to a place for a total/in a row for more than 6 months. Why is it asking me for PCC? Should I provide Canadian PCC then? Anyone has experience on this?

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Same thing happened to me

See the discussion here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t282107.0.html

In short, I Still got the PCC from my home country, got PPR last week wednesday :p

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
omolomi said:

See the discussion here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t282107.0.html

In short, I Still got the PCC from my home country, got PPR last week wednesday :p
Oh really. did you get one from Canada as well?

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
expressentrant said:
Oh really. did you get one from Canada as well?
RCMP PCC is only required if requested by CIC. For me, it was never requested after I submitted my application.

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
I was in the same situation, was in Canada since 18 and although I have been back to my home country every summer and Christmas I have never spent more than 6 months in a row there (or at any other countries). I submitted a letter of explanation with screen shots of CIC website highlighting the line that says we only need PCC from countries that we have lived for 6 months in a row since turning 18.. Haven't heard back or got any requests since submitting on Apr03. Hopefully I won't get rejected! My GCMS notes (dates Apr10) by the way did mention R10 OK all police certificates on file.

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
etkuo said:
I was in the same situation, was in Canada since 18 and although I have been back to my home country every summer and Christmas I have never spent more than 6 months in a row there (or at any other countries). I submitted a letter of explanation with screen shots of CIC website highlighting the line that says we only need PCC from countries that we have lived for 6 months in a row since turning 18.. Haven't heard back or got any requests since submitting on Apr03. Hopefully I won't get rejected! My GCMS notes (dates Apr10) by the way did mention R10 OK all police certificates on file.
Thanks for the update. I wonder if you could update me further on this situation as Im submitting the application soon.

I am guessing that you uploaded nothing in the PCC section?

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
expressentrant said:
Thanks for the update. I wonder if you could update me further on this situation as Im submitting the application soon.

I am guessing that you uploaded nothing in the PCC section?
I uploaded the letter of explanation in the PCC section

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
omolomi said:

Mind if i ask what your timeline looks like? I assume we would have a similar one.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expressentrant said:
What's that GCMS you mentioned?

Thanks for your update though.
GCMS stands for General Case Management System and if that member has got an R10 OK for all PCC(s) with just the LOE, recommend that you do exactly what they did because what an R10 OK means is that an officer has physically inspected their file and found PCC(s) to be in accordance with what CIC wants.

I suspect this is happening to you because you are a system 'outlier' but systems are always designed for the mainstream audience.

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
GCMS stands for General Case Management System and if that member has got an R10 OK for all PCC(s) with just the LOE, recommend that you do exactly what they did because what an R10 OK means is that an officer has physically inspected their file and found PCC(s) to be in accordance with what CIC wants.

I suspect this is happening to you because you are a system 'outlier' but systems are always designed for the mainstream audience.
Thanks for the message. I never heard of General Case Management System or R10 OK for all PCC(s). Where would I get this in Canada. Do I get it for all countries I traveled to (all are less than 6 months). What am I getting, R10 or GCMS?

Thanks again.

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

nothing came up in google when i searched the key words

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expressentrant said:
Thanks for the message. I never heard of General Case Management System or R10 OK for all PCC(s). Where would I get this in Canada. Do I get it for all countries I traveled to (all are less than 6 months). What am I getting, R10 or GCMS?

Thanks again.
Probably because it is Global and not General (hate these errors that creep in!). ;D

These are internal systems employed by CIC. You don't need to do anything here. I was just pointing out that you don't need a PCC.

expressentrant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Probably because it is Global and not General (hate these errors that creep in!). ;D

These are internal systems employed by CIC. You don't need to do anything here. I was just pointing out that you don't need a PCC.
Oh OK. I assume it's this line called gcms. And it shows r10 OK. Like it's a status.

I thought I had to get something.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
After you apply, you can submit a request for the GCMS notes to see status updates (if necessary). There's no point in applying too soon, however, since there will be no information. After you receive your AOR, wait at least another month to apply for your GCMS notes. It is absolutely not required to do so, but in some cases, it may help you identify errors or other problems that require a response on your part.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp