+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been declined tourist visa for the US 4 years ago, have no documents regarding that, am I in trouble?

vladandrie51

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Hey,

So we all know how you must report if you've been denied entering another country for your federal application.

I was denied a tourist visa request 4 years ago but I didn't keep any document regarding that (the refusal letter and whatnot). How problematic is that? Will I be fine if I just mention it without attaching any document or if I write a letter explaining why I don't have any documents?

The reason for the denial is not crimal-related.

Thank you!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I don't think you will need the refusal documents. I just explained in LOE my visa refusal (student visa for UK) when it was refused and the necessary stat questions answered correctly.

Reactions: Miracle2018

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey,

So we all know how you must report if you've been denied entering another country for your federal application.

I was denied a tourist visa request 4 years ago but I didn't keep any document regarding that (the refusal letter and whatnot). How problematic is that? Will I be fine if I just mention it without attaching any document or if I write a letter explaining why I don't have any documents?

The reason for the denial is not crimal-related.

Thank you!
You do not need to prove your refusals. One of my PR applications from pre-historic times (Before Express Entry or BEE) was "returned". I mentioned it even though now I have lost all the documentation of it because it was all paper based.

tutsy50

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
You do not need to prove your refusals. One of my PR applications from pre-historic times (Before Express Entry or BEE) was "returned". I mentioned it even though now I have lost all the documentation of it because it was all paper based.
Hello,thanks for this,a friend was still worried about this last week because she doesn't have any documentation to show for her UK visa refusal 14yrs ago.
She was refused initially but her brother appealed and she was later given a visa 2weeks after though,told her it still counts as a refusal.
Please what exactly is your advice to her on what she should provide and write when filling her form,thank you in advance

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,thanks for this,a friend was still worried about this last week because she doesn't have any documentation to show for her UK visa refusal 14yrs ago.
She was refused initially but her brother appealed and she was later given a visa 2weeks after though,told her it still counts as a refusal.
Please what exactly is your advice to her on what she should provide and write when filling her form,thank you in advance
Just mention it and be done with it.