BECOMING A REGISTERED NURSE (RN) OR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) IN CANADA

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fingers crossed said:
Hi himsabpk,
I'm planning to land in Vancouver, so can you guide me for registration at CRNBC.
Again would like ask your expert opinion on what category to apply(RN or LPN)
Regards.....
Hi finger crossed,

Please check the link below, registration requirement, process and all other details are there, just read carefully and follow the all steps of Registration for International Nurses.
If you are Bachelor degree holder you can apply for RN and If you have Diploma in Nursing than you should apply for LPN / RPN.

BRITISH COLUMBIA
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
2855 Arbutus Street
Vancouver BC V6J 3Y8
Tel: (604) 736-7331
Fax: (604) 738-2272
E-mail: info @ crnbc.ca
https://www.crnbc.ca/Pages/Default.aspx

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

fingers crossed

Oct 30, 2012
Hi hmisabpk,

Thank you for your advice. Though still have queries-

1) Once I start working as lpn, how to pursue BSN.

2)Are there any part time courses & how much would they cost.

Thanks & Regards

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fingers crossed said:
Hi hmisabpk,
Thank you for your advice. Though still have queries-
1) Once I start working as lpn, how to pursue BSN.
2)Are there any part time courses & how much would they cost.
Thanks & Regards

Hi Fingers Crossed,

1. The information are on college website
2. Yes! many courses, part time / online etc..

Please check on crbc website, right side of the page you will find the Quick links of universities ( Recognized NP Programs,University of British Columbia
University of Northern British Columbia, University of Victoria ) offering the many nursing programs including the LPN to RN to BSN etc... :

https://www.crnbc.ca/Pages/Default.aspx

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

nursescanada

Mar 7, 2013
Good Day hmisabpk,

Your post is really very helpful because of having some effective information, thank you for writing such a beautiful article. There is no doubt that I've been benefited through this article. Hopefully you write more article like this for us. :)

Thanks&Regards,
Denisha Joely

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nursescanada said:
Good Day hmisabpk,

Your post is really very helpful because of having some effective information, thank you for writing such a beautiful article. There is no doubt that I've been benefited through this article. Hopefully you write more article like this for us. :)

Thanks&Regards,
Denisha Joely

Hi nursescanada,

Thank you for your nice words and appreciation. Sure I will, I'm happy that helps.

regards,

hmisabpk

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
hello hmisabpk! :)

i want to ask your thoughts regarding healthcare aide and practical nursing

im a registered nurse in asia since 2009. had 2 years hospital experience.

i desire to take up practical nursing program since it has a job opportunity(most likely) but i find healthcare assistant certificate not so expensive plus it's a medical related job. but does it have a career opportunity after graduation? is it worth it?

please i need your advice..thank you very much :)

sheenathomas21

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus/warsaw
NOC Code......
3152 and 6241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may -13- 2009
Doc's Request.
june-15-2009
AOR Received.
august -7-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
june -23-2009
Med's Request
6-8-2012
Med's Done....
11-8-2012 medicals received in london20/8/12 rprf encashed on 27/8/12
Passport Req..
19/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2013
LANDED..........
27/07/2013
Hi hmispbk
I need ur help.I got eligibility to write cprne from cno.also I got CEHEPA EVALUATION for my Rn application.what is that?
In that letter they asked me for a consent to attend that evaluation in order to get Rn eligibility and sent it .is that sec assessment?what to do now.is there any chances to pass tha assessment.if I withdraw my application for Rn will that affect my Rpn application?I have another problem too.I completed my meds for pr application still not received my visa.usually how many months after they are giving dates for CEHEPA (THE CENTRE FOR THE EVALUATION OF HEALTH PROFFESSIONALS EDUCATED ABROAD)evaluation?

Thank u

vnca

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 13 2011,
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
PER on 5th oct 2011, AOR from NDVO:14th Nov 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
05th oct 2011
Med's Request
24/03/2012
Med's Done....
11/04/2012, Medical sent to LVO - 25/05/12, ecas update - 28/06/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06 July2012,Delivered on 24 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
sheenathomas21 said:
Hi hmispbk
I need ur help.I got eligibility to write cprne from cno.also I got CEHEPA EVALUATION for my Rn application.what is that?
In that letter they asked me for a consent to attend that evaluation in order to get Rn eligibility and sent it .is that sec assessment?what to do now.is there any chances to pass tha assessment.if I withdraw my application for Rn will that affect my Rpn application?I have another problem too.I completed my meds for pr application still not received my visa.usually how many months after they are giving dates for CEHEPA (THE CENTRE FOR THE EVALUATION OF HEALTH PROFFESSIONALS EDUCATED ABROAD)evaluation?

Thank u

Hi Sheena,

Cepha is a kind of assessment, ie, objective structured clinical exam, newly developed by cno to assess our knowledge. It won't affect your RPN eligibility. Even you can withdraw your application. If you want to know about this exam, you càn check the cno website

http://www.cno.org/become-a-nurse/about-registration/entry-to-practice-examinations/observational-structure-clinical-examination-osce/

Many are getting this now. Can you please share your work experience and when did you complete your education?

Regards

sheenathomas21

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus/warsaw
NOC Code......
3152 and 6241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may -13- 2009
Doc's Request.
june-15-2009
AOR Received.
august -7-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
june -23-2009
Med's Request
6-8-2012
Med's Done....
11-8-2012 medicals received in london20/8/12 rprf encashed on 27/8/12
Passport Req..
19/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2013
LANDED..........
27/07/2013
vnca said:
Hi Sheena,

Cepha is a kind of assessment, ie, objective structured clinical exam, newly developed by cno to assess our knowledge. It won't affect your RPN eligibility. Even you can withdraw your application. If you want to know about this exam, you càn check the cno website

http://www.cno.org/become-a-nurse/about-registration/entry-to-practice-examinations/observational-structure-clinical-examination-osce/

Many are getting this now. Can you please share your work experience and when did you complete your education?

Regards
Hi
I completed my general nursing and midwifery course in2004 and have a total of 8.5 yrs experience...could u pls share Hw much is the success rate for this exam?

vnca

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 13 2011,
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
PER on 5th oct 2011, AOR from NDVO:14th Nov 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
05th oct 2011
Med's Request
24/03/2012
Med's Done....
11/04/2012, Medical sent to LVO - 25/05/12, ecas update - 28/06/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06 July2012,Delivered on 24 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
sheenathomas21 said:
Hi
I completed my general nursing and midwifery course in2004 and have a total of 8.5 yrs experience...could u pls share Hw much is the success rate for this exam?
I don't know Sheena, but I read from other thread ie Filipino nurses for cno, discussing about this exam. You go through that forum. It is on 86th page by zelda, who took this exam recently. Keep in touch.

juma005

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Dear hmisabpk,
I am new in this forum, I am a Nurse working in UAE since last 6 years and did my Diploma in GNM (3years) and now i have passed my post Bsc in nursing. So i think i can apply for RN directly. Please advice.

We are planning to move to British Columbia due to the better climate conditions.

I have not yet contacted the CRNBC. Please suggest what we can do before moving to Canada or contacting CRNBC in related to the registration.

Thanks
Juma

hmisabpk said:
Hi finger crossed,

Please check the link below, registration requirement, process and all other details are there, just read carefully and follow the all steps of Registration for International Nurses.
If you are Bachelor degree holder you can apply for RN and If you have Diploma in Nursing than you should apply for LPN / RPN.

BRITISH COLUMBIA
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
2855 Arbutus Street
Vancouver BC V6J 3Y8
Tel: (604) 736-7331
Fax: (604) 738-2272
e that helps,

hmisabpk

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
Anyone here from winnipeg? Im planning to take hca course for me to land a job while im still preparing my reuirments for the crnm or clpnm or crpnm. Thanks

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_valentine said:
Hi hmisabpk:

If you have any CRNE materials please email me to this ID

manjukvar @ gmail.com
Hi mj_valentine,

Unfortunately no any materials or e-books available on net. but you can may buy these books from amazon, e-buy or kijiji.

Many instututes are preparing for CRNE in all major cities.

You can also register with care for nurses to buy or borrow the books for exam peroration and they also offer workshops.

1. Mosby's CRNE comprehensive exam prep guide
2. CNA prep guide 5th edition
3. CNA prep guide 4th edition
4. CNA Prep guide 3rd edition

http://www.care4nurses.org/what-we-do/exam-preparation/
http://www.torontoschoolofhealth.com/A/program.htm
http://www.passcrne.ca/
https://www.nurses2canada.net/?gclid=CLWj8Y2Q57gCFZBAMgodFVEAwA

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

2013fsw2174

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hi hmisabpk,

I have applied for FSW 2013 for NOC 2174 and got my PER on Aug 9th.
I am guessing it will take another 4-5 months minimum for me to get visa and land in Canada.
My wife hold Bsc Nursing Degree from India and has around 4 years of experience in India and Saudi Arabia.
What I wanted to know from you is, anything that I can do to start the registration process?
We intend to land in Toronto( purely based on job opportunities for me, may change this later) so is there anything that we can do for registration process before landing?
Can you please suggest what are the steps for registration?

Thanks in advance for your help :)