BECOMING A REGISTERED NURSE (RN) OR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) IN CANADA

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_valentine said:
Hi hmisabpk,
I am a graduate Nursing (4 years BSc) from India.
1. what can you suggest is the best option for me to apply as RN or RPN in one of the province of the Canada?
2. Can I do RN after clearing RPN?
Manju.
Hi Manju,

1. Your qualification match the RN requirement. You can apply for RN registration.

2. Yes you can do RN after getting RPN. (RPN to RN bridging program)

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

mj_valentine

Jun 23, 2012
Hi Hmisabpk:

Thanks for your reply.

If I do RPN first, Do I need to do Bridging Program for RN or directly I can write RN.

thanks,
Manju.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mj_valentine said:
Hi Hmisabpk:
Thanks for your reply.
If I do RPN first, Do I need to do Bridging Program for RN or directly I can write RN.
thanks,
Manju.
Hi Manju,

Depend on CNO assessment.

hmisabpk

akshaysanthosh

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Med's Request
8-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
8-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2013
LANDED..........
10-5-2013
hmisabpk said:
Hi narscathy,
• Check the available nursing job on the following links, you can analyze where more jobs and opportunities are available.
• http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
• http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

hope that helps.

hmisabpk
Hi HIMSPAK

Thanks for ur valuable & informative reply

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
hmisabpk said:
Hi narscathy,
• Check the available nursing job on the following links, you can analyze where more jobs and opportunities are available.
• http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
• http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

hope that helps.

hmisabpk
Thank you so much hmisabpk...I really appreciate your advice. ;D ;D

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
Hello Sir,
I have some doubt.My wife wants to attend centinnel college for bridging programme .She is working as a nurse in India and she has done diploma in nursing and midwifery .
1.Can she write CRNE Exam after this course of 01 year or she will have to continue her studies as a third year student to get bachelor degree.

2.Will I get spouse visa if she is a student or work permit.

Thank you in advance for your reply

GISHA26

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 July 2011
AOR Received.
11 Oct 2011
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
No Idea
Med's Request
24 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2012 and Third Line Nov 2012
Interview........
No Idea
Passport Req..
19/08/2013 and passport reached in LVO 23/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made E -Status 10/09/2013
LANDED..........
God Knows
Good Morning Sir,

I am 3 Year Diploma Nurse from India.Now I am working in U.A.E. (Registration Practical Nurse)I have plan to apply FSW next intake.

My question is based on my education I can write RN exam directly any Provinces.if not any Post Bsc courses available in Canada ...

Please advice ...

Gisha26.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SURESHPALAKKAD said:
Hello Sir,
I have some doubt.My wife wants to attend centinnel college for bridging programme .She is working as a nurse in India and she has done diploma in nursing and midwifery .
1.Can she write CRNE Exam after this course of 01 year or she will have to continue her studies as a third year student to get bachelor degree.

2.Will I get spouse visa if she is a student or work permit.

Thank you in advance for your reply
Hi SURESHPALAKKAD,

1. She can write exam after program
2. You can get spouse visa if she is on work permit / student visa
http://settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000444

For details see the reply # 178

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GISHA26 said:
Good Morning Sir,
I am 3 Year Diploma Nurse from India.Now I am working in U.A.E. (Registration Practical Nurse)I have plan to apply FSW next intake.
My question is based on my education I can write RN exam directly any Provinces.if not any Post Bsc courses available in Canada ...
Please advice ...
Gisha26.
Hi Gisha26,

You will be illegible to write RPN exam in most provinces and for RN Bachelor is required.

for course please see the reply # 178

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

fingers crossed

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Hmisabpk,

I've 3 years diploma in nursing, my queries are

1) As you explained to someone, diploma holders are not eligible to apply for RN registration,so what are my options???

2) Actually I was planing to take academic IELTS this month & apply for CRNE exam. If I'm not eligible for CRNE is there some other kind of exam for LPN's.......

3) what is the protocol for LPN registation.....

4) What kind of upgradation is needed for LPN to RN.......

Kindly reply, really looking forward to your reply.....

Thanks & Regards.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fingers crossed said:
Hi Hmisabpk,
I've 3 years diploma in nursing, my queries are
1) As you explained to someone, diploma holders are not eligible to apply for RN registration,so what are my options???
2) Actually I was planing to take academic IELTS this month & apply for CRNE exam. If I'm not eligible for CRNE is there some other kind of exam for LPN's.......
3) what is the protocol for LPN registation.....
4) What kind of upgradation is needed for LPN to RN.......
Kindly reply, really looking forward to your reply.....
Thanks & Regards.
Hi fingers crossed,

1. I haven't said that diploma holders are not eligible to apply for RN. Diploma holder can apply if she/he meets the CNO requirement for RN registration. Most of the diploma holder are not meeting the first requirement “a minimum of a university baccalaureate degree in nursing” Applicants for registration as an RN must have... see the link for detail: http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/about-registration/types-of-registration/general-class/
For you best option is RPN (Registered Practical Nurse)
2. You can apply for RPN and prepare for Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE)
3. Follow the steps mentioned (1 to 8 ) at CNO link : http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants1/canada-outside-ontario/
4. Ontario college nursing bridging programs. These colleges are offering the bridging programs, Visit link for detail.
http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/HEALTH-FOOD-MEDICAL-NURSING-BRIDGING/_/N-lo8n

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi hmisabpk and friends,

I received a letter from CNO regarding my Nursing Education Evaluation. They have given me 3 options to proceed with the application. Can you please advise which of the 3 choices is the right thing to do? Thank you very much.

Please see below content of the letter

We are writing to provide you with information regarding the evaluation of your nursing education.

Upon initial review of your application, the College of Nurses of Ontario (College) has determined that you have not completed an approved or equivalent nursing program. As a result, you are required to complete an evaluation of your nursing knowledge, skill and judgment and to successfully complete any additional education and/or training identified by the evaluation.
The evaluation will take place on March **, 2013 , or a subsequent date at:

The Centre for the Evaluation of Health Professionals Educated Abroad
80 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 2V1

The evaluation consists of a short, multiple choice written test and an Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE), during which you will be rotated through simulated, scripted clinical situations using trained actors.
Upon completion of the evaluation, CEHPEA will forward your results to the College for review. Once the College has reviewed the results, you will be advised in writing about whether you meet the nursing education requirement or if you are required to complete additional education and/or training to meet the nursing education requirement.

Further information regarding the evaluation can be found on the College's website at www.cno.org/osce.

You now have one of three options to proceed with your application:

1. Complete the evaluation by CEHPEA - Check “Attend for CEHPEA
evaluation” on the enclosed form and then sign and return the form to the College. Once
we have received your request to attend for the evaluation, you will be contacted by
CEHPEA regarding the online registration process and the date you will be required to
attend. An administrative fee of $200.00, payable to CEHPEA, is required at the time of
completing the online registration, which will reserve your scheduled date and time for
the evaluation. This administrative fee will be refunded to you upon completion of the
evaluation. Please note that selecting this option acknowledges your willingness to attend
the evaluation. To facilitate the process, the College and CEHPEA will exchange
information relating to the evaluation.

2. Request a review of your application by the Registration Committee – You
have the right to request a review of the decision requiring you to complete this
evaluation. Check “Review by Registration Committee” on the enclosed form and then
sign and return the form to the College. Once we have received your request, the College
will advise you of the date upon which your application will be referred to the
Registration Committee for review.

3. Withdraw your application – Check “Request for Withdrawal” on the enclosed
form and then sign and return the form to the College if you are no longer interested in
pursuing registration with the College. Once we have received request for withdrawal,
you will receive a letter from the College confirming that your application has been
closed. The withdrawal of your application would not, in any way, affect your right to
make a new application. Any new application for registration would be evaluated based
on the registration requirements in effect at the time of that application.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi suwail,

Option # 1 This is the right option to choice if you want to continue with your registration process
Option # 2 (in my opinion) It will not make any difference in their judgement, the college has determined that your nursing program is not “an approved or equivalent nursing program” so review committee will be from collage and judgment will be the same as college has given. It would be the waste of time and money.
Option # 3 Select if you do not wish to continue with your application of registration at CNO.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi suwail,

Option # 1 This is the right option to choice if you want to continue with your registration process
Option # 2 (in my opinion) It will not make any difference in their judgement, the college has determined that your nursing program is not “an approved or equivalent nursing program” so review committee will be from collage and judgment will be the same as college has given. It would be the waste of time and money.
Option # 3 Select if you do not wish to continue with your application of registration at CNO.

Hope that helps,

Thanks for the advise hmisabpk!

hmisabpk

fingers crossed

Oct 30, 2012
Hi himsabpk,

I'm planning to land in Vancouver, so can you guide me for registration at CRNBC.

Again would like ask your expert opinion on what category to apply(RN or LPN)

Regards.....