Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
AOR Received.
8-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
hello, i'm new here, I would like to ask if RN could apply as LPN this may, 2013 FSWP? The credential assessment might be a problem for a RN application. I graduated BSN in Philippines and have 4 years nurse experience in Saudi Arabia. All my documents for FSWP application are ready except for the credential assessment. The licensing body who will assess the credentials might disapprove my education compared to a RN in canada, but if I will apply as LPN, i'm sure it is much more comparable for Canada's LPN programs. My experience is ICU and performs the duties of RN as stated in my employment certificate. Please could somebody shed a light regarding this querry.

Thanks a lot!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starboy77 said:
hello, i'm new here, I would like to ask if RN could apply as LPN this may, 2013 FSWP? The credential assessment might be a problem for a RN application. I graduated BSN in Philippines and have 4 years nurse experience in Saudi Arabia. All my documents for FSWP application are ready except for the credential assessment. The licensing body who will assess the credentials might disapprove my education compared to a RN in canada, but if I will apply as LPN, i'm sure it is much more comparable for Canada's LPN programs. My experience is ICU and performs the duties of RN as stated in my employment certificate. Please could somebody shed a light regarding this querry.

Thanks a lot!
Hi, Starboy,

If you're BSN has same curriculum and credit it will be accepted as RN in Canada. Experience in critical area is an advantage when you are looking for job but in immigration process or credential assessment no any difference. You can get approval easier in LPN program and later you can have bridging for LPN to RN.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RN & RPN Job Fair - ER Active Health Care Agency Ltd

5920 Atlantic Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
Directions: Hwy 401 & Dixie
Inside the Helpfast Personnel Building

January 28, 2012 (MONDAY, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
January 29, 2012 (TUESDAY, 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM)

You are invited to the January 2013 RN & RPN Job Fair.

ER Active Health Care Agency Ltd is currently recruiting
Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses
for the GTA and Hamilton area.

Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and other Health Care Professionals are also invited.

Come, Drop off your Resume, Complete Interview and Get Hired On-Site.

• Current licensed to practice by the CNO (College of Nurses of Ontario)
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Canada
• Access to or own a car and a valid Driver License.

You may email your resume with a cover letter to careers @ erahca.com in advance.

We would also appreciate it if you would pass this information
to your colleagues looking for employment and interested
in attending this RN & RPN Job Fair.

ER Active Health Care Agency Ltd
Phone: (647) 339-0525
Fax: (905) 625-9949
Web site: www.erahca.com
Email: careers @ erahca.com

Free Training Information at the Job Fair

Provided by Canadian Centre for Health Care Professionals (CCHCP),
Mississauga, Ontario.

Practical & Advanced Community & Home Care Nursing Training
For Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN)

For other jab fairs visit link : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

fingers crossed

Oct 30, 2012
Dear hmisabpk,

I really need your help hear :'(

I hv applied for pr in FSW category soon i'm due for MR. My problems are

1) I've 3 yrs diploma in nursing with 5 yrs experience in(onco,icu,peads)
what are my chances of getting RN job in vancover.

2) I don't know the procedure of applying for RN licence. Do i qualify??

3)I've a stable job here in india.Also will get chance to do post basic degree on full pay this year..

Really confused as what to do next..

please please please reply....

Thanks...

jibinseb

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Hi everyone,

i heard there is only 3 chance for RN/RPN , is there any option to write more than 3 times or any challenging exams? or can i write exam in different province?

narscathy

Nov 25, 2009
Hi hsbakp

I am just curious ...what can you suggest is the best option for me to apply as RN in one of the province of the Canada?

Job market right now in BC is very stiff so I am searching to choose either in Ontario or Alberta,,what do you think when it comes to job availablity for nurses?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much..

akshaysanthosh

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Med's Request
8-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
8-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2013
LANDED..........
10-5-2013
hi himspak,

i got ontario eligibility for RN in 2011Oct,but recently only i got visa,& i am planning to enter Canada by 2013,May.
I would like to know whether my eligibility is still valid?Anybody else with similar situation?

would i need to reapply,once again? i would also like to know the difference between RN/RPN? pls explain.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Akshay,
Send a quick mail to CNO regarding ur RN eligibility as rules have changed from 1st Jan and check whether ur file is still open or u will have to re-apply.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fingers crossed said:
Dear hmisabpk,
I really need your help hear :'(
I hv applied for pr in FSW category soon i'm due for MR. My problems are
1) I've 3 yrs diploma in nursing with 5 yrs experience in(onco,icu,peads)
what are my chances of getting RN job in vancover.
2) I don't know the procedure of applying for RN licence. Do i qualify??
3)I've a stable job here in india.Also will get chance to do post basic degree on full pay this year..
Really confused as what to do next..
please please please reply....
Thanks...
Hi fingerscrossed,

Sorry for late reply.
1. Getting RN job will be easy once you will clear CRNE
2. Follow the link below it will explain you how to apply for RN. They want Bachelor or equivalent study for RN, diploma may qualify for LPN
3. If you have stable job and chance for further study, then you should think before making any decision

Check the Nursing jobs in Vancouver:
• http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx
• http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

How to apply for RN ( Vancouver-BC):
https://www.crnbc.ca/Registration/RNApplication/InternationalEN/Pages/Default.aspx

hope that helps.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jibinseb said:
Hi everyone,
i heard there is only 3 chance for RN/RPN , is there any option to write more than 3 times or any challenging exams? or can i write exam in different province?

Hi jibinseb,

Sorry for late reply.
1. You are right, only three chances, after that you need to go for bridging program to get RN / RPN.
2. After 3 attempt you can't write CRNE in other province.

hope that helps.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narscathy said:
Hi hsbakp
I am just curious ...what can you suggest is the best option for me to apply as RN in one of the province of the Canada?
Job market right now in BC is very stiff so I am searching to choose either in Ontario or Alberta,,what do you think when it comes to job availablity for nurses?
Your reply is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much..
Hi narscathy,
• Check the available nursing job on the following links, you can analyze where more jobs and opportunities are available.
• http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
• http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

hope that helps.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akshaysanthosh said:
hi himspak,
i got ontario eligibility for RN in 2011Oct,but recently only i got visa,& i am planning to enter Canada by 2013,May.
1. I would like to know whether my eligibility is still valid?
2. Anybody else with similar situation?
3. would i need to reapply,once again?
4. i would also like to know the difference between RN/RPN? pls explain.
Hi akshaysanthosh,
1. I think some requirement can be waived / or still valid
2. (I have no idea)
3. Send inquiry with your application number to CNO, they will let you know
4. Explained below

Difference between RN and RPN:

• RN stands for Registered Nurse whereas RPN stands for Registered Practical Nurse. RPN is also known as Licenced Practical Nurse (LPN) in USA.
• A Registered Practical Nurse on the other hand, requires less number of years of education in order to practice. Mostly likely 1-2 years of diploma program is enough to practice as a RPN (it depends on where you live). Internationally trained nurses may need 3 – 3-1/2 year diploma.
• In Canada, RN must have a degree in nursing which means 4 years of university education and must successfully complete board exam to practice, whereas RPN requires 2 years of diploma from a recognized college.
• In Ontario, RPN have greater scope of legal practice compared to rest of the provinces, but they are supervised and follow directions from a Registered Nurse as needed. (RPN work under RN)
• RPN may not be able to handle patients who are unstable or with complex medical conditions.
• RPN Can’t give scheduled drugs (narcotics, or controlled druge), IV meds, cant flush lines, etc..
• RPN get less pay than RN
• RPN to RN study programs are available

hope that helps.

hmisabpk

jibinseb

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Hi hmisabpk, Thanks for your reply,

Do you know where can i take bridging course and do you know how many months it will take? Do you know the name of the course?

Thanks
jibin

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jibinseb said:
Hi hmisabpk, Thanks for your reply,
Do you know where can i take bridging course and do you know how many months it will take? Do you know the name of the course?
Thanks
jibin
Hi jibinseb,

Links / list of Approved Nursing School

1. RN Programs :
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/about-registration/approved-nursing-programs/rn-programs/

2. RPN Programs:
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/about-registration/approved-nursing-programs/practical-nursing-programs-in-ontario/

3. Nurse Practitioner programs:
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/about-registration/approved-nursing-programs/np-programs/

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

mj_valentine

Jun 23, 2012
Hi hmisabpk,

I am a graduate Nursing (4 years BSc) from India.
what can you suggest is the best option for me to apply as RN or RPN in one of the province of the Canada?
Can I do RN after clearing RPN?

Manju.