+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Because I can't find it :(

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I know I have asked this before but I cant seem to find where i asked it. I was accepted for permanent residency thank god! So I do not need to file for a work permit right? I know people were saying to file them together but I do not live up there yet. Do I need to file for a work permit when i go up there?

evesy21

Nov 30, 2015
Sorry, did you mean you have got PR now or you just applied for it? If you have PR then you don't need a work permit only a SIN number, if you applied for PR from within Canada and currently have legal status you may apply for a work permit, however if you applied from outside Canada or left Canada for any reason you can't apply for an open work permit but you may still be able to get a work permit with an LMO if you have a job offer with a company willing to apply for the LMO :D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you applied via an Outland application, you would not have qualified for the OWP.

But since you have already been approved for PR (meaning you actually have your CoPR document in your hand, right?), you don't need to worry about having an OWP at all.

As soon as you come to Canada to `land', you will have authorization to work.