+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bear few tips before attempting IELTS !

AnkitBhatia

Aug 16, 2012
Hello Readers,

I am Ankit Bhatia. I have served for as a Interviewer for IELTS IDP Organisation for 6 months. From that period, I have been through hundreds of interviews and I'd like to discuss about the latter to help you out to achieve good bands in your upcoming examination.

These are the enlisted things if you carry along will get you minimum 7 bands for sure:

1. Confidence ( Stay calm, Smile )
2. Originality ( Do not try to adopt British or American accent, Speak in your own way. You need to be clear about what you are saying )
3. Reading is necessary. Read a newspaper daily. Not like, you have to read it all through. Take one page, read all sections in it. Underline the important words you come across for the very first time. Do not start looking for their meaning in Dictionary. Firstly, finish the page then note all the new words. Leave the newspaper, Do other things. Do a thorough study on each new word. Try to adapt in your speaking and writing. This way you'll be able to memorize the words easily and effectively.
4. Start to think writing before using hands. Make a plan, Try to create whole passage or letter within the mind. Do not go for advanced vocabulary unless you are pro on it. Be simple in your reading. Work in a regular flow and do not attempt to break it.
4. Listening is easy. Do not waste much of your precious time on the thing you are already good at. You do not have to understand what the speakers are saying. You just have to extract a particular sentence as an answer from the conversation. So, this section hardly needs any practice.
5. If you live in a country where English is not used then use mirror formula. Speak with yourself in English. Try to use gestures and eye contact to maintain the confidence inside you.
5. Do not use Internet to learn English. It will be a sheer wastage of time. It will distract you instead of providing you the right resource.
6. While Reading, Speak louder.Whenever you come across a word you feel that it is hard to pronounce, Speak it slowly for five times to get familiar to it's pitch.
7. Do a little seminar scenario among your family members. Address them through a speech in English. It'll give you a great practice to speak English in public and on academic scale.
8. On Reading test, Do not waste your time on a section where you feel like you are stuck. Move on quickly, otherwise it'll hamper your marks you are going to grab from the next section.
9. Stay happy on the final day, Do your best and Do not regret about anything but do not stop practicing English in future. It is just a test and no one is perfect in first attempt. You have to work hard to achieve greatness in anything.

Thanks for taking out your valuable time to read this article, I hope you'll achieve great bands in your test and will do justice to our mother tongue English.

Have a hppy Time ahead !

Warp23

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......